It's MIKE NEWELL

Status
Not open for further replies.

RN Fox

Mike Newell will soon be named the new manager of LCFC.

A good friend of mine who works at Luton told me last night that Mike Newell will finish at Luton this week. I am a bit gutted as Steve Cotterill was the first choice and thats where my money went but we cannot seem to prise him away. Newell is the second choice and despite initially distancing himself from the job has now accepted the offer and will join us.#

Great young manager, a real scoop for the board and Tim Davies - come on you foxes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this is not another false dawn, if it is true then it will be great news, will he be in place by Saturday's game.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I hope this is not another false dawn, if it is true then it will be great news, will he be in place by Saturday's game.

Looks like he will join us next week. The new began to break about midnight last night. I found out about 8 oclock last night but this is the first chance I have had to get on my computer. Been dying to share the news. It is genuine information I promise. The contact at Luton is a very senior member and he is gutted too.

LeeH said:
Is this as definite as the news that Cotterill is going to be the new manager? :102:

Yes.

thats brilliant if its true, i was getting worried we were going to end up with a peter reid

if this true im devasted due to the fact that all my vcash went on cotterill
:102: :icon_conf :mad: :frown:

Bolloxs i had 200 vcash on joe, what a shite start to my day. :) secretly very very very happy

Please let it be him, the papers seem to be suggesting Newell has had enough at Luton. All I can do is say well done to Tim Davies and his team, they have done the right thing, gone out and tried to managers with proven quality, rather than a unknown quantity from the amazones of Scotland.

Is this not just another case of recycling what PFKAKTF said last night? Babylon will love that!

Good work, RN...:icon_wink:

Just down to TD to sort the compo out.....

beighton155 said:
Is this not just another case of recycling what PFKAKTF said last night? Babylon will love that!

RN and Bob know their stuff so I don't mind.

RN Fox said:
Mike Newell will soon be named the new manager of LCFC.

So having long since forgiven Speedie for winning that penalty, we now have to forgive the bloke that actually scored it?

This bloke owes us. Let's hope he can repay his debt!!
;)

Mike Newell is not the man to fire this squad up IMO. I hope and wait to be proven wrong!

Duzza said:
Mike Newell is not the man to fire this squad up IMO. I hope and wait to be proven wrong!

He always comes across badly if you ask me. Levein looks like a comedy genius compared to him.

Duzza said:

He may not be, but he might bring in some hard-hitters from lower divisions, or even on loan. I would have preffered Cotterill but Newell is a good second option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669