It's MIKE NEWELL

Status
Not open for further replies.
One concern i have with Newell is that i fear he could me a marked man amongst agents following his recent revelations and we may have difficulty signing players who are managed by certain agents.

On the other hand, I do believe that Luton have certain players who are better than anything that Burnley have and whom i believe walk into our current team. Not so sure Burnley have many players you could say that about. If our next manager raids his former club for players then Newells Luton is much more exciting than Cotterills Burnley.

One player in particular is their captain and midfield lynchpin whom name at this moment in time i have forgotten!!!!! Somebody help me here!

Last edited:
The Voice From Above said:
One concern i have with Newell is that i fear he could me a marked man amongst agents following his recent revelations and we may have difficulty signing players who are managed by certain agents.

On the other hand, I do believe that Luton have certain players who are better than anything that Burnley have and whom i believe walk into our current team. Not so sure Burnley have many players you could say that about. If our next manager raids his former club for players then Newells Luton is much more exciting than Cotterills Burnley.

One player in particular is their captain and midfield lynchpin whom name at this moment in time i have forgotten!!!!! Somebody help me here!

Vine?

Thats the boy.

Solid player. Lutons key player in my opinion.

Yeah and their captain. Great player. He would cost a fair bit IMO.

RN Fox said:
I only relay what I believe to be the truth and do have good contacts. I have to say I did think Steve Cotterill was nailed on because I knew ages ago that he was target number 1 for the club - hence my cash went on him at 10/1. Looks like Burnley are making it difficult for him to leave so target number 2, Mike Newell has been targetted and has agreed to come back to Leicester. He has maintained his links with certain senior staff at the club so he's not a complete unknown, his reputation has grown over the past few years and he is an exciting prospect.

So RN Fox of course you'll be placing your last 36 vcash notes on this piece of information no doubt.........

lazzer said:
if this true im devasted due to the fact that all my vcash went on cotterill
:102: :icon_conf :mad: :frown:

feck the vCash Lazzer, I had £250 big ones on him at the bookies....

Feck off Newell, you are going to cost me big time......:098:

Last edited:
Newell's been my first choice from the start, just didn't think he would leave Luton or be within our price range. Maybe releasing Dublin, Wilcox and MDV's wages have given us a bigger kitty??!!??

Mike Newell's Blue and White Army

Get in ...

This is awful news to me financially....................:eek:

Good news if its true, we should have gone for him before CL.One certainty is that the ball will be on the floor and we wont be playing 1 up front at home!!

Was Newell at the club at the same time as Rob Kelly?

Might see some more promising youngsters here next season (poached from Luton!)

i really want to know how concrete this is as i may wack some serious wegde on down the bookies. i need a bit of good luck with money at the moment.

dpjfox said:
Was Newell at the club at the same time as Rob Kelly?

No.

So RN Fox of course you'll be placing your last 36 vcash notes on this piece of information no doubt.........

Done, thanks for the reminder TVFA.....................don't think i'll break the bank with the winnings. The Vcash price is 2/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669