It's MIKE NEWELL

Status
Not open for further replies.
RN Fox said:
Done, thanks for the reminder TVFA.....................don't think i'll break the bank with the winnings. The Vcash price is 2/1.

It wasn't earlier today.
:icon_bigg

Last edited:
yea RN are you having a real bet?

lazzer said:
never mind vcash RN are putting proper wedge on it

I might have to to lay off some of the loss if this is anything to go by.....

I, for one, am chuffed as feck. Obviously it still may not happen but if, as the reports say, it does then I think we have got the best of the lot. Plus i had a little bet haha

RN Fox said:
I only relay what I believe to be the truth and do have good contacts. I have to say I did think Steve Cotterill was nailed on because I knew ages ago that he was target number 1 for the club - hence my cash went on him at 10/1. Looks like Burnley are making it difficult for him to leave so target number 2, Mike Newell has been targetted and has agreed to come back to Leicester. He has maintained his links with certain senior staff at the club so he's not a complete unknown, his reputation has grown over the past few years and he is an exciting prospect.

Which senior staff ? - can't be many left from his time here at the club

Brighton Fox said:
Newell's been my first choice from the start, just didn't think he would leave Luton or be within our price range. Maybe releasing Dublin, Wilcox and MDV's wages have given us a bigger kitty??!!??

Mike Newell's Blue and White Army

Get in ...

Has everyone forgotten about the david Connolly money we will be getting! Wigan are only 2 points from safety:icon_bigg

I was thinking today (before seeing this thread) that it would make sense that we'd be talking to Newell. We've obviously been trying to talk to everyone on our list - with Burnley and Preston's denials showing us who two of the managers are - but I can't imagine we'd approach those two without approaching Newell as well, however no similar story came out at Luton which lead me to think that they must have allowed him to interview with us.

newell is one of the most exciting young managers for the future that are around at the moment, hes done well with luton, and has been my first choice all along, i would be over the moon if we got him, however, there are so many people thinking they know this and that, not long ago there was a "its cotterill" thread, so its hard to know what to beleive, but i for one hope this is true, newell could become a real leicester legend like o'neill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669