It's time to turn on our owners

Employee costs were £182m in 2021/22.

Before this season, our debt stood at £344m, including £50m owed in transfer fee installments and £80m owed to banks. Most of the rest is owed to KP and they have effectively written off £193m of that.

Our losses for this season need to be added. We sold Fofana and Schmeichel for £70m total and spent approx. £50m of that on signings/loan. However, a much lower finish in the PL and fewer TV games, as well as no UEFA money (it was over £20m in 2021/22) means we must expect losses for this season close to £100m again.

Relegation leads to a drop in income of around £100m a year.

Selling Maddison and Barnes is as effective as pissing into the pacific. At least 80% of the current first team squad will have to go.
we are in deep trouble I now see why players are poached way below their market value when sides are relegated.

This guy (he has some credibility and is hosting an event with Keiron Maguire on LCFC finance this evening) is adamant that these salary figures are correct. If they are, we're in an even bigger mess than even I thought.

Did you go to the event BN?

I would have gone but was at a work do.

I wonder whether the apathetic fawning peasants, otherwise known as Leicester City fans, will ever express some protest against the leadership of the club?

Aiyawatt, Whelan and Rudkin. They never say a word to us that hasn't been written for them and reprinted in their own publication. They make the Royal Family seem in touch with their people.

I cannot comprehend a similar situation happening at a serious football club where these Captain Edward Smith impersonating goons wouldn't be hounded into submission by now.

This is what I cannot accept. ****ing up is human. Relegation can happen. But not having the guts to speak to fans is totally unforgivable and why I've decided to give up on my club at the end of the season.

I just won't be treated like scum any longer. The relationship between football fan and club is a unique and important one. Our leaders have destroyed my bond with this club. I'll be at the final two home games and that's me done. I have more self-respect than doing this any longer.

I emotionally signed up to a deal with Leicester City in the late 1970s. It's the current leadership and our unbelievably apathetic fans that have broken it.

I wonder whether the apathetic fawning peasants, otherwise known as Leicester City fans, will ever express some protest against the leadership of the club?

Aiyawatt, Whelan and Rudkin. They never say a word to us that hasn't been written for them and reprinted in their own publication. They make the Royal Family seem in touch with their people.

I cannot comprehend a similar situation happening at a serious football club where these Captain Edward Smith impersonating goons wouldn't be hounded into submission by now.

This is what I cannot accept. ****ing up is human. Relegation can happen. But not having the guts to speak to fans is totally unforgivable and why I've decided to give up on my club at the end of the season.

I just won't be treated like scum any longer. The relationship between football fan and club is a unique and important one. Our leaders have destroyed my bond with this club. I'll be at the final two home games and that's me done. I have more self-respect than doing this any longer.

I emotionally signed up to a deal with Leicester City in the late 1970s. It's the current leadership and our unbelievably apathetic fans that have broken it.
I feel like this about football as a whole. The professional game is hideous. Money, greed, corruption the lot. I don't like it and I've got to the point where I don't really care. I'd go as far as to say if we are relegated and go out of existence I could really give a shit. The LCFC that I see today is nothing like the one I've loved in years gone by.

Well, at least a large number of those fans will disappear like steam off fresh dog shit if & when we go down. Straight off to ebay to buy knock off Man City shirts most likely.

Well, at least a large number of those fans will disappear like steam off fresh dog shit if & when we go down. Straight off to ebay to buy knock off Man City shirts most likely.
You're wrong. They'll be a good number that go and watch teams in the lower leagues and at grass roots.

You're wrong. They'll be a good number that go and watch teams in the lower leagues and at grass roots.
They'll be a smaller group than the others. & good luck to them.

However, I don't buy into that romantic nonsense about the lower leagues & grass roots. Watching a whole season of us in L1 was enough to convince me that watching shite football is just watching shite football. The pies being cheaper doesn't compensate.

However, I don't buy into that romantic nonsense about the lower leagues & grass roots. Watching a whole season of us in L1 was enough to convince me that watching shite football is just watching shite football. The pies being cheaper doesn't compensate.
That's looking at it from a Leicester point of view.

The football I've watched at Coalville this season was so much more entertaining than the absolute shit served up at the KP all season.

I agree. I am a Leicester City fan. I sometimes enjoy watching other matches but I cannot and will not get emotionally invested in anyone else.

As City fans, all we can do is protest to make our feelings heard. Nobody is doing it though. I remember being outside the old main stand screaming Pleat/Shipman out and Shipman coming out to debate with fans. I cannot believe that I'm nostalgic about Shipman but at least he treated fans like human beings.

George, Smeaton, Elsom, Mandaric, they all explained what they were doing and why. I'd often disagree but there was some sense that they knew their role as custodian of something greater than them and respected the fans right to be part of the conversation.

I've never fully bought into the King Power thing. I have written on here many times about my distaste for their business, their corruption in Thailand, the parading around the pitch, the requirement to respect their royal family, the statue of Vichai being placed where it is, and so on. My attachment to them is only based on them making my club better than it would be without them. They have poured money into the club. It has created some wonderful memories. But without Vichai, they've ****ed it.

Over the last couple of years they've increasingly agitated against fans with ticketing, crowd control decisions, pricing, match day experience drivel, and so on. There is no dialogue. Just a pretend Fans' Consultative Committee that excludes anyone that expresses criticism. I've had a couple of personal attempts to do things that they've been incredibly poor at dealing with. They routinely treat fans like unwanted and insignificant annoyances.

So what choice do we have left? My only power is to not renew my season ticket and emotionally detach from the club. It's their club now, not ours.

That's looking at it from a Leicester point of view.

The football I've watched at Coalville this season was so much more entertaining than the absolute shit served up at the KP all season.
Problem is I only have a Leicester point of view. I genuinely couldn't give a flying **** about anyone else. There are clubs & players I like to see do well, I can enjoy watching quality football matches between teams I have no real connection to. But at the end of the day I really don't care about any team but my own.

The idea of actually paying money to watch any team but my own is ridiculous to me. I've tried it a few times over the years when living in other places & gave it up as I just got bored before half time. No emotional investment = no point. The only way I can get around it is by having a bet on a match & I don't think anyone is going to offer me markets on Coalville, Hinckley, Barwell or whoever.

Problem is I only have a Leicester point of view. I genuinely couldn't give a flying **** about anyone else. There are clubs & players I like to see do well, I can enjoy watching quality football matches between teams I have no real connection to. But at the end of the day I really don't care about any team but my own.

The idea of actually paying money to watch any team but my own is ridiculous to me. I've tried it a few times over the years when living in other places & gave it up as I just got bored before half time. No emotional investment = no point. The only way I can get around it is by having a bet on a match & I don't think anyone is going to offer me markets on Coalville, Hinckley, Barwell or whoever.
I've made quite a bit of cash betting on cville this season

I agree. I am a Leicester City fan. I sometimes enjoy watching other matches but I cannot and will not get emotionally invested in anyone else.

As City fans, all we can do is protest to make our feelings heard. Nobody is doing it though. I remember being outside the old main stand screaming Pleat/Shipman out and Shipman coming out to debate with fans. I cannot believe that I'm nostalgic about Shipman but at least he treated fans like human beings.

George, Smeaton, Elsom, Mandaric, they all explained what they were doing and why. I'd often disagree but there was some sense that they knew their role as custodian of something greater than them and respected the fans right to be part of the conversation.

I've never fully bought into the King Power thing. I have written on here many times about my distaste for their business, their corruption in Thailand, the parading around the pitch, the requirement to respect their royal family, the statue of Vichai being placed where it is, and so on. My attachment to them is only based on them making my club better than it would be without them. They have poured money into the club. It has created some wonderful memories. But without Vichai, they've ****ed it.

Over the last couple of years they've increasingly agitated against fans with ticketing, crowd control decisions, pricing, match day experience drivel, and so on. There is no dialogue. Just a pretend Fans' Consultative Committee that excludes anyone that expresses criticism. I've had a couple of personal attempts to do things that they've been incredibly poor at dealing with. They routinely treat fans like unwanted and insignificant annoyances.

So what choice do we have left? My only power is to not renew my season ticket and emotionally detach from the club. It's their club now, not ours.
I share your opinion. I've never been under any illusions about the realities. We're a billionaires toy to promote a regional business to the wider world. It's fine as long as it's working for us on the pitch. As soon as that's not the case they can **** off for all I care.
I've homed in on the same shite you have. I know enough about PR & marketing to see when it's at work & none of it fools me. Never has.

The fan attitude isn't surprising though. It's what they always intended from day one. Back at home they're used to a system where what the big man says goes & opposition is dealt with swiftly & often violently. Both in politics & business.
They probably really do regard us as a bunch of peasants.

Oh...& you forgot the ****ing monks.

**** those ****s.

Their mumbo jumbo bullshit doesn't seem to be doing us much good anymore does it ? Almsot as if it was all a load of old bollocks.

I've made quite a bit of cash betting on cville this season
I've never looked. Tbh I never bet below the championship except in cases of exceptional value. Everything from L1 downwards is essentially pub football as far as I'm concerned. Too unpredictable.

& below the National League level...well, no thanks. Top scorer has one too many jagerbombs on friday night & thats your bet ****ed. Not for me.

Wah wah wah, I hate them all more than you hate them all wah wah ****ing wah

View attachment 17702
Yep. & they deserve every ounce of it for the inexcusable ineptitude. Years of it now. It's not as if everything collapsed in 5 minutes. It's been rank mismanagement over a period of years & we're reaping the reward for it now. At least the players can just **** off out of it & go on to the next gig. We're stuck with it.

I'm not going to do willy waving, loyal supporter bs but there's as much chance of me following another team as there is of me cutting my dick off and calling myself Glenda. (Though come think of it...)

It's not really something I can choose not to do. I'll support/follow Leicester regardless of who's playing, managing or running/owning the club. It just is.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663