It's time to turn on our owners

11. Invoke the ancient art and philosophy of Kintsugi, the repair of broken items (LCFC) by repairing them with gold (funds).

This guy (he has some credibility and is hosting an event with Keiron Maguire on LCFC finance this evening) is adamant that these salary figures are correct. If they are, we're in an even bigger mess than even I thought.

Not having that we're paying Soumare and Perez 80 bags a week

I call bullshit

Not having that we're paying Soumare and Perez 80 bags a week

I call bullshit
I'm calling bullshit too, this is pure fiction.

I'm calling bullshit too, this is pure fiction.

Well, we know the wage bill because it's published. These numbers are pretty close to aligning with that number. So, whilst there could be individual discrepancies, for every player you think is being over-stated, there will be another that is under-stated.

This just looks like another example where our fans are in denial about the true state of things. Our wage bill has been out of control for some years now hence the desperate attempt to reel in spending last summer.

Ryan Bertrand the 12th highest paid player in the squad at 80K.

**** ME BACKWARDS.

Total mismanagement of a club. How does this happen.

Is it really so surprising? He's an English player, he's played in the Premier League his whole career and has been an England international. That kind of player is always going to be expensive.

Is it really so surprising? He's an English player, he's played in the Premier League his whole career and has been an England international. That kind of player is always going to be expensive.

And he was a free transfer, so he'd have been able to negotiate higher wages.

We wasted more money on players like Benkovic and Ghezzal, even if they were on much lower wages.

Rodgers lad works for the same agency are Bertrand and vesty.

So definitely some underhand shit went on there

Well, we know the wage bill because it's published. These numbers are pretty close to aligning with that number. So, whilst there could be individual discrepancies, for every player you think is being over-stated, there will be another that is under-stated.

This just looks like another example where our fans are in denial about the true state of things. Our wage bill has been out of control for some years now hence the desperate attempt to reel in spending last summer.
Or another example of horseshit from a supposed 'ITK' who is selling his guesses as fact.

Even if it is close to being true, which of course it isn't, with the sales of Maddison and Barnes plus the contract end of others in that list there's a whole massive lump of cash that will be coming off that bill.

BN,

if Madders, Barnes and Castagne sell for 100 million plus and those 8 players wages are off the books we should be able to keep the nucleus of the squad.

it is a sorry state of affairs and piss poor management has been the main cause. I am not sure how much the parachute payments are however, we must be looking to bounce back immediately next season?

How do you stay within FFP when you are relegated from the prem to the championship, especially when you have fixed contracts?

But why would we want to keep the nucleus of the squad. The thing that's missing most has been spirit, and the one thing that's needed in a Championship season is spirit...

But why would we want to keep the nucleus of the squad. The thing that's missing most has been spirit, and the one thing that's needed in a Championship season is spirit...
Because there are decent players in there that look as though they've had the spirit beaten out of them. They look like a group who have been completely broken by a maniac who insisted on the playing his way and his way only. I'm not excusing how shit some of them have been but I do get the feeling that they gave up because they just couldn't do what Rodgers was trying to make them do and they just thought '**** it' after a while.

If we can keep a group of them together and get a manager in who can build togetherness and fight, we have a chance of bouncing back. It'll be very difficult and it won't be pretty but there could be a side in there that would be as successful as Burnley have been in returning quickly.

The current wage bill is reported as being 121,288,000 based off those tweets.
Those out of contract at the end of the season reduce it to 95,964,000
The sale of Barnes, Maddison and Castagne (reported in the press) bring the wage bill down to 81,560,000

these 3 should fetch 120 million pounds in transfers which leaves 38,440,000 after all salaries have been paid, this is minus any additional acquisitions. It is reported that the Parachute payments would be roughly 40 million for the first season reducing to 35 million in the second season.

Only about 20% of teams get promoted in their first season, whilst it takes on average 2.5 seasons to get promoted again after relegation. In fact, 6.2% of teams experience humiliating back-to-back relegations which I’m sure would be unthinkable for clubs like Sunderland, who suffered this fate in 2018.

If we are able to retain the rest of the squad we will have more than enough to promote next season, the question is just how bad is the clubs finances minus the wages?

The current wage bill is reported as being 121,288,000 based off those tweets.

Employee costs were £182m in 2021/22.

Before this season, our debt stood at £344m, including £50m owed in transfer fee installments and £80m owed to banks. Most of the rest is owed to KP and they have effectively written off £193m of that.

Our losses for this season need to be added. We sold Fofana and Schmeichel for £70m total and spent approx. £50m of that on signings/loan. However, a much lower finish in the PL and fewer TV games, as well as no UEFA money (it was over £20m in 2021/22) means we must expect losses for this season close to £100m again.

Relegation leads to a drop in income of around £100m a year.

Selling Maddison and Barnes is as effective as pissing into the pacific. At least 80% of the current first team squad will have to go.

Attachments

• 1683836948582.png
    1683836948582.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 9

Nothing like a bit of instability on the horizon back home. Sure it won't affect the monopoly.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663