It's time to turn on our owners

I don't doubt Top's commitment in the slightest but I think he's shown his lack of experience and naivety this season. I dare say he's a bit out of his depth. Rumours going around when Ranieri got the sack that Top didn't agree with it but Vichai overruled him. Similar situation played out again this year, only amongst the backdrop of covid 19 lockdowns hampering King Power's finances. This time Top was in charge and did it this way. Big mistake. Look at Top flight football history. I think stability comes from success more so than the other way around.

He doesn't. We're just an inconvenience he's inherited from his dad. Like an incontinent old collie or a classic Datsun gathering rust in a wooden garage somewhere.....He'll not want to get rid for sentimental reasons but he also can't be ****ed with the upkeep or care.
He's made it very clear that he absolutely loves hanging out & being photographed with star footballers.

Well, there isn't any kudos attached to being instagrammed with the collection of loan signings & bargain basement journeymen that will be forming our squad in the EFL. No ****er cares about the championship.

I suppose it's too late in the day to sign Nicky Maynard now ?

He is not in any way even remotely qualified for the position he is in. He got the role solely because of who he dad was.

King Power will sell the club during the close season. I have no doubt about it.

Unless they write off a huge amount of debt they are owed, no chance of selling us after relegation.

If they want their money back, they'll have to go all in on promotion first time around and then sell us when we are back in the PL and the club is worth a lot more.

I can't ever recall seeing an Instagram post to say Vichi was in attendance at the KP. Every time Top turns up at the training ground or a match we get the obligatory post from the Leicester social media team to highlight his appearance.

The fact they feel the need to highlight it tells you everything.

Well, if King Power don't sell then they had better get a plan in place for a big push to come straight back up, and finance it properly.

Can't see that with the amount of debt owed to King Power
Unless they write off a huge amount of debt they are owed, no chance of selling us after relegation.
I thought that King Power had already written it off or at least turned it into an investment that is not repayable

I thought that King Power had already written it off or at least turned it into an investment that is not repayable

That was debt owed to KP. That debt is growing up again every day though.

There is still another approx. £150m owed elsewhere, mainly to the Australian bank Macquarie. We also owe over £50m in unpaid transfer instalments.

The Macquarie loan is secured against our PL TV money for the next few seasons. Part of the guarantee of those loans is that the bank can take all of our parachute payments.

I'd expect KP to renegotiate the loans for a year or so in the hope we come straight back up. However, as a minimum, we'll need to sell every player we can.

That was debt owed to KP. That debt is growing up again every day though.

There is still another approx. £150m owed elsewhere, mainly to the Australian bank Macquarie.

That is secured against our PL TV money for the next few seasons. Part of the guarantee of those loans is that the bank can take all of our parachute payments.

I'd expect KP to renegotiate the loans for a year or so in the hope we come straight back up. However, as a minimum, we'll need to sell every player we can.
And like I said, probably every other asset too.

To be honest, I’m not sure any of the players are of the right profile or mentality for the championship anyway. Sell whatever you can.

Extremely likely we have an entirely new starting 11 come August. Terrifying to think about this club needing to recruit 10-15 players in a league they have absolutely no plan for or real experience in.

And like I said, probably every other asset too.

To be honest, I’m not sure any of the players are of the right profile or mentality for the championship anyway. Sell whatever you can.

Extremely likely we have an entirely new starting 11 come August. Terrifying to think about this club needing to recruit 10-15 players in a league they have absolutely no plan for or real experience in.

Yep.

I remember people on here laughing at the prospect of an Italian club being interested in taking Justin on loan next season. That's exactly where we'll be. We have to get the wages off the books so anyone we can move on will have to go.

We need to appoint a manager that inspires confidence in the prospect of an immediate return. That would lead to PL clubs being keen to loan us some talent.

Sadly, our U21s are largely hopeless so we'll struggle to promote from within. The two talents (Braybrooke and Alves) are recovering from ACLs so feck knows what they'll be capable of.

Forgot about Justin. Perhaps we will get lucky with him. Probably on lower wages than most and has been off the radar for a few years.

You are right though that it will be a lot of loans - because the players are on a massive wedge they are unlikely to get elsewhere. We will be paying a lot of them to play for other clubs.

Ricardo, Castagne, Soumare, Daka spring to mind.

I know we’ve been through this exercise but I think the spine is likely some version of:

Iversen
Ward - no club in their right mind would sign him. Maybe Wrexham fancy a punt?
Souttar
Kristiansen
Thomas
Justin
KDH
Albrighton
Vardy - what a nightmare that contract is
Possibly Faes

But as you say, everyone is available. Depends which clubs are thick enough to pony up for this collection of proven failures.

Forgot about Justin. Perhaps we will get lucky with him. Probably on lower wages than most and has been off the radar for a few years.

You are right though that it will be a lot of loans - because the players are on a massive wedge they are unlikely to get elsewhere. We will be paying a lot of them to play for other clubs.

Ricardo, Castagne, Soumare, Daka spring to mind.

I know we’ve been through this exercise but I think the spine is likely some version of:

Iversen
Ward - no club in their right mind would sign him. Maybe Wrexham fancy a punt?
Souttar
Kristiansen
Thomas
Justin
KDH
Albrighton
Vardy - what a nightmare that contract is
Possibly Faes

But as you say, everyone is available. Depends which clubs are thick enough to pony up for this collection of proven failures.
A spine of Iversen or Ward, Faes, Souttar, Hamza, KDH and Vardy.

:oops:

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664