Jacko dies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't be bothered to go back and read through the replies again to speak to/quote people directly, but I'd just like to point out that as much as I am a fan of Michael Jackson, that alone isn't the reason for my reaction to the "jokes" being made about his death.

My reaction is to the fact that people make jokes about someone's death in the first place. I think it's sick that people find humour in someone dying. I had no like for Jade Goody at all, she was a useless, stupid, media whore... but I still don't find it amusing in anyway that she died, and don't see how people can.

Someone I don't even know came up to me Friday morning to tell me a "really good Michael Jackson joke"... told them I didn't want to hear it and they told me anyway "What's the difference between MJ and Jade Goody? About 8 weeks".... how is that funny? HA 2 people died... 2 sets of kids have lost their parent.

Hilarious....

And to whoever said (and I address because it's an inevitable reply to this post as well) that I don't have to read the jokes if I don't like them... I don't actually expect to go into a thread about someone dying and that mainly be filled with people who find their death funny. But maybe I'm just weird..

I see your point Graz but if you take your opinion to the extreme then we should find it upsetting when the likes of Myra Hyndley,Ian Huntley etc die.I know you can't lump Jacko and Goody in with them but the pair of them lost a lot of peoples respect a long time ago.LIke someone else said people find humour in most things and I know people ho will 'joke' about the death of a loved ones,it doesn't make them bad people

m.j..jpg

:081:

I see your point Graz but if you take your opinion to the extreme then we should find it upsetting when the likes of Myra Hyndley,Ian Huntley etc die.I know you can't lump Jacko and Goody in with them but the pair of them lost a lot of peoples respect a long time ago.LIke someone else said people find humour in most things and I know people ho will 'joke' about the death of a loved ones,it doesn't make them bad people

He didn't say we should be upset by anyones death, just that it wasn't funny. I wouldn't find the deaths of Myra Hyndley or Ian Huntley funny either, but I'd think they got what they deserved.

He didn't say we should be upset by anyones death, just that it wasn't funny. I wouldn't find the deaths of Myra Hyndley or Ian Huntley funny either, but I'd think they got what they deserved.
like I said people find humour in different things and I have known people who have 'joked' about the death of a loved one.Nobody is forcing anyonme to laugh,I don't really see the problem myself:102:

like I said people find humour in different things and I have known people who have 'joked' about the death of a loved one.Nobody is forcing anyonme to laugh,I don't really see the problem myself:102:

I don't see a problem with jokes either, there is a line though. I've not really looked through this thread, but on other forums people actually seemed to be glad of his death and found it funny, without any jokes even being made.

I don't see a problem with jokes either, there is a line though. I've not really looked through this thread, but on other forums people actually seemed to be glad of his death and found it funny, without any jokes even being made.

IMO everybody who takes part in the "TB deathlist" exhibits the same mentality.

IMO everybody who takes part in the "TB deathlist" exhibits the same mentality.

i didn't find his death funny. but i did find the jokes funny

til i heard them a 100 times

A Powerful Message from Stevie Wonder
On Michael Jackson’s Death…
......... .. … … .. …..
... . .. … . . . .. . .. . .. …. .. .. . … ..
... . . … .. . . . ..
....... .... .... .... ..... ..... ..... .. . .. .... .....
.. .. . .. . .. . .. .

Deep stuff. I nearly cried when he said “. .. . . . .. .. … ... .. . . .... ....”

A Powerful Message from Stevie Wonder
On Michael Jackson’s Death…
......... .. … … .. …..
... . .. … . . . .. . .. . .. …. .. .. . … ..
... . . … .. . . . ..
....... .... .... .... ..... ..... ..... .. . .. .... .....
.. .. . .. . .. . .. .

Deep stuff. I nearly cried when he said “. .. . . . .. .. … ... .. . . .... ....”

He was a big fan of the full stop :icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670