Jane Tomlinson

Status
Not open for further replies.
She wasn't on my Fantasy funerals list......:icon_roll

I never thought of her when I put my replacements in the other week...

:icon_conf

Makes me feel humble:icon_sad: Feel for the Family:icon_cry:

Seriously, considering the doctors gave her less than a year to live, the attitude she showed and the determination to do all the things she did and carry on for another 7 years can only be an inspiration to others.

seconded

RIP

I have no idea either.
I don't mean any disrespect, but I'd never heard of her.

Being in Ireland you probaly have not had any coverage about the Jane Tomlinson story. Just to say although her illness was terminal she inspired many people with her determination to live life to the full. Her charity work was well documented, but more importantly imo she left a great legacy for her children and family.

Being in Ireland you probaly have not had any coverage about the Jane Tomlinson story. Just to say although her illness was terminal she inspired many people with her determination to live life to the full. Her charity work was well documented, but more importantly imo she left a great legacy for her children and family.

Did it get a lot of coverage BB?

We have all the same TV channels & newspapers that you have there so I don't think location would have anything to do with it.
She's obviously touched a lot of peoples lives but I'd honestly never heard of her til today.

I first became aware of her a few years ago as she got quite a lot of coverage on GMTV for her fundraising.

I must admit that when I was receiving my treatment, I did think of her from time to time and she was a source of inspiration.

Very sad to hear of her death.

Seriously, considering the doctors gave her less than a year to live, the attitude she showed and the determination to do all the things she did and carry on for another 7 years can only be an inspiration to others.

can also lead people to say she's faking her illness, which many did....ffs.

RIP

I remember her being shown running the marathon.

Did it get a lot of coverage BB?

We have all the same TV channels & newspapers that you have there so I don't think location would have anything to do with it.
She's obviously touched a lot of peoples lives but I'd honestly never heard of her til today.

Maybe you were just unfortunate to miss her story:102:. They did a tv prog about her which gave me plenty of admiration for her. They showed her on tv competing in the Great North run, London Marathon and a triathlon event. She certainly would have put me to shame, and her challenge to cycle coast to coast across America last year was amazing in the circumstances. A remarkable person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669