Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aha! I've been doing some research (well, talked to my brother who was in Bali for a while) and I know that nasi goreng is something roughly meaning "rice with everything" and apparently it's very nice.

Pretty much like a special fried rice, only spicier.

I travel to Japan regularly but wouldn't go there for a holiday, they have a great line in urban sprawl (take the 3-4 hour shinkansen (bullet train) ride from Tokyo to Osaka and you won't see anything but buildings out of the window), it's also massively overcrowded in the cities.

This doesn't mean that there aren't nice bits, I'd recommend a trip to the top of Mount Azo on Kyushu island and have seen some great temples in the countryside around Yokohama. One of the major disappointments is the Japanese Castles, they're all billed as being incredibly old but if you ask around they were all rebuilt fairly recently (Nagoya Castle was originally built in the 14th Century but rebuilt in the 1960's), the Japanese don't seem to think that rebuilding something affect its history.

Aha! I've been doing some research (well, talked to my brother who was in Bali for a while) and I know that nasi goreng is something roughly meaning "rice with everything" and apparently it's very nice.

Not related to Japan, I spent some time in Kuta. f you are trying to sun it up on the beach the locals are ruthless, you will be offered everything from icecream to blowpipes by a revolving flow of traders. It really pissed me off. Especially as one time I woke up with a bloke trynig to steel my sunglasses of me head.

"Saya tiduk Mau" means I don't want :013:

Be careful of Jungle juice, I drank way too much one night.

I travel to Japan regularly but wouldn't go there for a holiday, they have a great line in urban sprawl (take the 3-4 hour shinkansen (bullet train) ride from Tokyo to Osaka and you won't see anything but buildings out of the window), it's also massively overcrowded in the cities.

This doesn't mean that there aren't nice bits, I'd recommend a trip to the top of Mount Azo on Kyushu island and have seen some great temples in the countryside around Yokohama. One of the major disappointments is the Japanese Castles, they're all billed as being incredibly old but if you ask around they were all rebuilt fairly recently (Nagoya Castle was originally built in the 14th Century but rebuilt in the 1960's), the Japanese don't seem to think that rebuilding something affect its history.

Did you see Melton in the mountains sucking bits of fish of a spoon?

Did you see Melton in the mountains sucking bits of fish of a spoon?

Don't know why but I laughed out loud at that mental image Durham, nice one. :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669