Joey Gudjonsson wants out of AZ and wants England return

Status
Not open for further replies.
any comaprison that contains andy johnson and joey is a ridiculous one

Going back is seldom successful, expectations are often unreasonably high, signs of that on this thread.

if joey came back and played like he did in 4 or 5 games of last season for the rest of the season i would be happy, sadly i think he'd play like he did the rest of the time he spent here

spot on-people see joeys time here through rose tinted specs imo
If he hadn't scored those two goals against Hull (I think it was Hull) and that one against Blackpool, his legacy here would be totally different.

West Brom, Leeds United and Stoke City have all had talks with AZ and his agent according to Icelandic media today. No mention of Leicester at this stage. German and French clubs also linked.

West Brom, Leeds United and Stoke City have all had talks with AZ and his agent according to Icelandic media today. No mention of Leicester at this stage. German and French clubs also linked.
because we cant afford him - fact.

in any case we replaced him with Andy Johnson so whats the problem? :icon_roll

If he hadn't scored those two goals against Hull (I think it was Hull) and that one against Blackpool, his legacy here would be totally different.

I agree. He was a good player, but he was no way player of the season IMO

As Duzza said, JG was our best player by a mile last season. Filbert Fox scored a peno at half time during one game, if he'd scored 2 he would have been

We need JG back. He almost single handedly kept us up last year and if we want to achieve anything we need him back. Put it this way who would you prefer in midfield: Joey or AJ?

We need JG back. He almost single handedly kept us up last year and if we want to achieve anything we need him back. Put it this way who would you prefer in midfield: Joey or AJ?

What a load of b*ll*cks (apart from the AJ bit) as many have said he was the best of a bad bunch last season and is no saviour by a long way, it was the team that kept us up last season, Fyatt and Hume kept us up with their goals if you want to point the finger. JG is in the past, yes he is better than AJ, but a crap arguement as so are plenty of midfield players.
IMO we will acheive alot more by looking elsewhere.

I would like to see Joey back given what we have now, sure if there is better options out there take them up but with joey we know what hes about and what he can achieve, the fact he didnt perform every game when he was last here was down to bad management.

the fact he didnt perform every game when he was last here was down to bad management.

So it wasnt down to the fact that he was a lazy player? So if Joey's non-performances were the management's fault, is it the managements fault that Williams doesnt perform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669