John Gregory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

I find it farcical to understand how people know it won't work before the guy has walked through the door :icon_roll ...... His record isn't great, but FFS if it's him just give him a fecking crack will ya !!

What you say is true but of course I want some balance. Can someone tell me that it will work before the guy has walked through the door or that on the basis of some evidence it might work. :102:

I can understand the desire to be positive but where is the hope? :102: :icon_conf As you say yourself his record is not great.

Billyjof

If someone unpopular was installed I would give them my support. Just like everyone should do.

If they don't get the results, I will continue to show my encouragement hoping they will turn things round.

What I won't stand for is a lazy bunch of feckwits, tuning up each week to get paid and nothing else.

I was never an Oli fan, he made mistakes but I supported him, the players didn't.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
If someone unpopular was installed I would give them my support. Just like everyone should do.

If they don't get the results, I will continue to show my encouragement hoping they will turn things round.

What I won't stand for is a lazy bunch of feckwits, tuning up each week to get paid and nothing else.

I was never an Oli fan, he made mistakes but I supported him, the players didn't.
I don't think these players need a good Manager, I think they need a rod of iron. I think Gregory might just be that.

I equate these players to naughtly little mollycoddled schoolboys that need a good bollocking.

I remember Holloway* saying he noticed some players needed "an arm around their shoulders". Did they f**k, they needed a rocket up their arses!!!!

* It may have been Martin Allen, but I'm certain it was Holloway

Steven

Almost right. :icon_wink Just change the last line to something like:

What I won't stand for is a manager without motivational or tactical skills

Nottingham Fox

What you say is true but of course I want some balance. Can someone tell me that it will work before the guy has walked through the door or that on the basis of some evidence it might work. :102:

I can understand the desire to be positive but where is the hope? :102: :icon_conf As you say yourself his record is not great.

The fact is, there isn't a shred of evidence to prove it will or it won't work. On this basis he'll be starting a fresh, so the slate is clean. If/when things turn sour, then he deserves to be jeered, called names etc, but certainly not before he's even been appointed. The stats say he's not as good as Alex Ferguson, but that won't stop him coming here and winning the double next season :icon_wink

olip6

The fact is, there isn't a shred of evidence to prove it will or it won't work. On this basis he'll be starting a fresh, so the slate is clean. If/when things turn sour, then he deserves to be jeered, called names etc, but certainly not before he's even been appointed. The stats say he's not as good as Alex Ferguson, but that won't stop him coming here and winning the double next season :icon_wink

thanks for clearing that up

Miles Away

I'm so sick of this entire s*itshow...I don't care if it's Jade Goody as long as this whole thing ends soon.

Also, a mate told me he saw Goody in the George and Dragon in Broughton...surely she's favorite for the job now?

Brown Nose

My view on the delayed announcement is that MM probably didn't want the new managers first action to be to sell one of the club's 'prizes assets'. Hence, let McAuley go and then announce him.

My opinion of the 'dream team' of JG and SW is mixed.

A name or a manager with great potential or record is not necessarily what is required. JG 'handled' Doug Ellis. They found a way for a couple of years. Hopefully, JG could do the same. SW is a valid choice for a number 2. He may turn out to be a smart move and at least saw most games last season.

On the other hand, JG's record at Derby and QPR was very poor. His credentials are pretty dire. SW has not got any coaching credentials. Preferring him to Richard Hill (JG's usual No2 and an avid City fan) is odd. It smacks of a MM requirement rather than a managers choice. If so, it's a horrible early climb down from the new boss.

Overall, I cannot say that I'm more optimistic looking forward to the new season with JG in charge than IH.

FantasyFox

I'm so sick of this entire s*itshow...I don't care if it's Jade Goody as long as this whole thing ends soon.

Also, a mate told me he saw Goody in the George and Dragon in Broughton...surely she's favorite for the job now?

She'd be a fans favourite. Her rascist rants would strike a chord.

RHYDAL

Indeed...and this is the sort of nonsense that occurs when supporters trusts etc are encouraged.

We know that the majority of fans are not the brightest - there are obvious exceptions of course!

I think it was better when the clubs didn't need to genuflect towards these unrepresentative groups and just ran the clubs as companies with fans as customers who if they don't like things can always withhold their custom.
The supporters trusts can have a strong influence over the weak minded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669