Just got a PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

I got a PS3 on Thurs, but I've not actually bought any games yet!

Borrowed a few off of people, but just been playing FIFA so far.

Any suggestions for games? Main ones I want are FIFA and Call of Duty, but with new ones coming out soon figured I'd just wait.

Think the first game I'm going to buy is the new Spiderman game out next week.

Also, anyone know roughly how much I'd get for trading in PS2?

I've waited ages and ages for Gran Turismo to come out, its been put back and put back and put back again and now it seems its finally going to be released soon. If you like UFC the new one is far far better than 2009. TW11 is also a major step up, with the Ryder Cup as well that's a good one.

As for the PS2 I think I got about £90 but it was pushing 2 years ago.

Red Dead Redemption is very, very good. Think GTA:IV in the old west. I've been playing Mafia 2 lately as well. While it's pretty good, it could have been a lot better - it's far too linear really. Again, a bit like GTA, it's set in a sandbox style world, but there are no side missions, just the main story and the story never stops. When you play GTA you go to see people for missions, when you play mafia 2, you're always in a mission, so you can't really go off exploring. It's pretty good fun, I'd rent it rather than buy it though.

Been playing splinter cell conviction on chic 360 recently-excellent game and highly recommend it. It should be available on ps3.

Any suggestions for games? Main ones I want are FIFA and Call of Duty, but with new ones coming out soon figured I'd just wait.

Had a PS3 for a while, I'd recommend the following:

Red Dead Redemption
Kayne and Lynch 2
Fallout 3 (If you have the time to invest in it)
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (Very good game!)
Killzone 2 (Should be quite cheap now as 3 is out soon)
Assassins Creed
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (A must, brilliant game!)
God of War 3
Dante's Inferno (Good, but not as good as God of War)

There's a few to get you started

Been playing splinter cell conviction on chic 360 recently-excellent game and highly recommend it. It should be available on ps3.

An excellent game, played it recently. I thought it was 360 only? :102:

Rebox PS3
Return to store
Obtain refund
Buy Xbox 360
Get pissed on the change

Simples :)

Rebox PS3
Return to store
Obtain refund
Buy Xbox 360
Get pissed on the change

Simples :)

Must admit, I got rid my first 360 for a PS3 a while ago, but when my mate moved in with me, he has a 360, I decided to get another one, got the elite and I must say, as much as I love my PS3, I hardly use it anymore, its sat collecting dust, only really use it for BluRays and I am now considering selling it. The Xbox has so many more games out, many of which are Multiplayer system link which is what we spend most of our time doing.

For graphics I'd have to go with the PS3, altho its a fine line, but for game range and playability, the 360 wins hands down!

Must admit, I got rid my first 360 for a PS3 a while ago, but when my mate moved in with me, he has a 360, I decided to get another one, got the elite and I must say, as much as I love my PS3, I hardly use it anymore, its sat collecting dust, only really use it for BluRays and I am now considering selling it. The Xbox has so many more games out, many of which are Multiplayer system link which is what we spend most of our time doing.

For graphics I'd have to go with the PS3, altho its a fine line, but for game range and playability, the 360 wins hands down!

Pretty much where I am. Sold my 360 to get the PS3 and within 6 months had bought another 360. PS3 just plays Blurays now.

Online experience on the 360 is far superior albeit at a cost of £35 a year.

Download vuze on to your laptop and hook it up to your PS3. The single best thing ever for the PS3!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I'm being a little r-tarded recently, and only having 3 hours sleep last night isn't helping, but I re-read his post and still not sure what I've got wrong, please enlighten me :icon_conf

Well let's have a closer look:

An excellent game, played it recently. I thought it was 360 only? :102:

If you still don't know, I give up :icon_conf

Scodger's post is ambiguous. When I first read it I took it the same way that BBB did. Maybe Scodger could clarify what he meant.
Oh I see. Having the same knowledge as BBB (ie, it's only available on 360) and presuming Scodger as a gamer would too, I just guessed the missing part of Scodger's post was 'but it isn't'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669