Just got a PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's Vuze?

Durham will explain it better, but its essentially a website where you can download pretty much any film, music, tv programme etc on to your p.c. at no cost to yourself

Vuze will then automaticly put it in to a format that the ps3 can read, then wirelesly sends the info across to your ps3 so you can watch it on your tv.

its not strictly legal but lots of fun :icon_bigg

If you still don't know, I give up :icon_conf

Oh I see! Well that's the bit I thought you were on about. So really what he should have said is 'It should be available on ps3, but it isn't as it is an XBox only game' that would have made much more sense, if not a slightly wasted post when replying to a thread about PS3 games.

Durham will explain it better, but its essentially a website where you can download pretty much any film, music, tv programme etc on to your p.c. at no cost to yourself

Vuze will then automaticly put it in to a format that the ps3 can read, then wirelesly sends the info across to your ps3 so you can watch it on your tv.

its not strictly legal but lots of fun :icon_bigg

Its a bittorrent application. No that much different to any other with the exception that it will convert your downloaded files in to the most apropriate format for a large amount of devices and then stream it to PS3 or Xbox 360. It will also save it in to iTunes for syncing to iPhone/iPod etc or streaming to Apple TV.

Is it just me that thinks Halo isn't that great and is getting worse?

The original Halo was excellent in it's day. ODST was excellent but too short. Halo 2 was a bit naff but set a precedent for online console gaming. Halo 3 was a mish-mash of brilliant and turgid but overall it was and still is a great game, for my money the likes of COD don't even come close for multiplayer and that's what gives Halo it's lastability.

The Reach Beta was great, the only thing that worries me is that there don't seem to be that many maps - but there is the forge feature that allows you to build your own.

Is it just me that thinks Halo isn't that great and is getting worse?

The original Halo was pretty impressive and quite a lot of fun with mates back in the day, but as with pretty much every big video game franchise, its become more and more convoluted and game-by-numbers with each new episode. Its a polished game and still pretty technically accomplished, but nothing to write home about.

Pixel Junk Monsters is good on ps3.

Its a bittorrent application. No that much different to any other with the exception that it will convert your downloaded files in to the most apropriate format for a large amount of devices and then stream it to PS3 or Xbox 360. It will also save it in to iTunes for syncing to iPhone/iPod etc or streaming to Apple TV.

Sounds pretty useful for the converting etc. I'll have a look to check if it's available for Mac.

We use connect360 to stream videos from Mac the xBox now. Previously used tversity when we had a PC (that was unreliable though).

Sounds pretty useful for the converting etc. I'll have a look to check if it's available for Mac.

We use connect360 to stream videos from Mac the xBox now. Previously used tversity when we had a PC (that was unreliable though).

I find it works pretty well.

The original Halo was excellent in it's day. ODST was excellent but too short. Halo 2 was a bit naff but set a precedent for online console gaming. Halo 3 was a mish-mash of brilliant and turgid but overall it was and still is a great game, for my money the likes of COD don't even come close for multiplayer and that's what gives Halo it's lastability.

The Reach Beta was great, the only thing that worries me is that there don't seem to be that many maps - but there is the forge feature that allows you to build your own.

I agree completely about the original Halo - my cousin had that on his xbox and it so very nearly made me buy an xbox. I didn't think much to Halo 2 (and neither did my cousin who also had that one). 3 I've seen and it doesn't fill me with excitement & having played on that it makes me glad that I didn't go and buy an xbox just because I thought Halo was that damn good.

Madness, pure madness.

madness my ass. Both COD games have had great campaign modes but the multiplayer is far too repetitive and requires far less tactical nouse. You're just run and gun most of the time. The community also sucks in COD. I could go on, the variety of options in Reach will blow people away and the customisation element is second to none... not just for your character but the games you set up and such.

Halo is a far better team experience, as it is much more tactical and dependent on holding the stronger positions. It's also harder, so if you're not very good you will always get killed by a better player, which is why a lot of people don't like it.

Saying that, I love a lot of features on COD, and could play some of the gametypes like SAD forever.

iv had a ps3 for 18 months

top 10 games iv played are

1. Fifa 11 Best Football Game Ever Made
2. Madden NFL 11 Smooth and ideal for newcomers
3. Red Dead Redemption Great Design and Script
4. GTA 4 Best City Based Experience
5. Split Second Best Racing Game Around
6. Uncharted 2 Great Gunplay and Story
7. Assasins Creed 2 Great design of Venice and Florence
8. Smackdown vs Raw 2011 (out 22/10/10) Unbelivable Physics
9. Just Cause 2 Action Packed and Great Fun
10. Toy Story 3 One For The Kids

As for xbox i just dont like the controller feel like im from star trek when using it however KINECT looks decent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669