Keith Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really sad news :icon_sad:

RIP Keith!

Last edited:
Wow, a real sad loss, I remember him being gracious in defeat when we beat them 2-0 in the cup not too long ago which is something you don't see often enough from managers.

Such terrible news. RIP Keith.

England will wear black armbands against Egypt tonight in respect of Keith. The U21's will wear them in their match too.

That came out of nowhere. RIP

Not really out of nowhere. He collapsed about 6 or 7 years ago with a brain aneurysm - he was effectively dead then and later said that he had been brought back to life three times.

But yes, out of nowhere - completely unexpected now. He was a real friend of the game - first black manager, I believe - and somebody who got on with his job without the moaning and without the money.

R.I.P.

Not really out of nowhere. He collapsed about 6 or 7 years ago with a brain aneurysm - he was effectively dead then and later said that he had been brought back to life three times.

But yes, out of nowhere - completely unexpected now. He was a real friend of the game - first black manager, I believe - and somebody who got on with his job without the moaning and without the money.

R.I.P.

I remember seeing quite an extensive feature about it on SSN a few years ago. What a terrible shock. I really respected him. RIP.

R.I.P.

He recently missed a match due to poor health. Macc Tn were featured on the FL Show and the chairman mentioned he had started to take new medication which had taken a lot out of him.

I can only repeat your comment, Boc.

I see the family want tomorrow's game at Hereford to go ahead as that would have been what Keith would have wanted.

Fantastic to see Maccs win, and Ricky scored!

Was dissapointed that we didn't have a minute silence yesterday, I can't even remember if we had black armbands on?

I was fortunate enough to meet and watch the big man when he was at Grimsby, this was from about 88 to 90. I remember going to a Grimsby Town open day - I was 8. He was the only Town player I wanted a signed autographed picture from, which still has pride of place on the wall. 'To Andrew, best wishes Keith Alexander'. And when the kids got to have their picture taken with the whole squad, I managed to to sit on Alexander's lap - my dad's got the picture somewhere, I must dig it out.

Always had a smile on his face, always came across as a genuine fella, and was toatlly commited to grassroots and lower league football. His achievements at Lincoln City as a manager are quite impressive; he turned around a club on a shoe string budget from nothing and took them to four (i think) successive play off finals - very similar to what Little did for us.

I really would have loved to have met him again. Rest in peace Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669