Kent cc home

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

We seem to have decided to play the CC match as a T20, 65-1 off 11 overs. Maybe the best ploy. Boyce just gone for 18 so let's see what happens now.

Thakor in for Taylor and Wyatt for Malik (not sure why). Henderson captain.

And Jefferson now gone for 32. With Smith, Cobb and Thakor in the middle order we are heavily exposed now.

In last six CC innings we have not exceeded 300 and scored two half-centuries.

In last six CC innings we have not exceeded 300 and scored two half-centuries.

Wickets tumbling.

Hope this doesn't curse him, but WW seems to be making a decent hash of a CC innings here. 31 not out batting at 5.

Wickets tumbling.

Hope this doesn't curse him, but WW seems to be making a decent hash of a CC innings here. 31 not out batting at 5.

190/7 now. Sigh.

As for White, he has been one of our least worst batsmen this year and has often dug in when things have gone wrong. He is no way a no.5 yet but it was a sensible move given the collapse to protect Thakor a little.

257 all out. Fifty for Henderson and a second batting point at least. I predict big run for Key and Stevens as usual against as they score 400+, seeing as we don't have any experienced seamers.

Meanwhile Taylor 76* for lions

257 all out. Fifty for Henderson and a second batting point at least. I predict big run for Key and Stevens as usual against as they score 400+, seeing as we don't have any experienced seamers.

Meanwhile Taylor 76* for lions
He was out for 76! You're such a jynx :icon_razz

Most teams would have taken an 700% increase on their previous innings. 250 could be a decent total. Kent are having a bad season so we could put them under pressure.

We did bloody well to get Key and Northeast for nothing.

Stevens usually makes a few against us though. Kent have been known to collapse like us though, so fingers crossed.

Anyone know why Malik isn't playing?

Buck 7.0 2 16 2
Wyatt 6.0 1 24 1
White 1.4 0 4 0
Naik 1.2 0 2 0

Looking at that, either White or Buck must have broken down and been unable to complete an over.

Any idea who?

Buck 7.0 2 16 2
Wyatt 6.0 1 24 1
White 1.4 0 4 0
Naik 1.2 0 2 0

Looking at that, either White or Buck must have broken down and been unable to complete an over.

Any idea who?

Don't you mean White or Naik? White was tweeting some stuff yesterday about getting a knock but doesn't sound serious.

Good bowling performance and a good start to the second innings potentially being wasted by the usual batting collapse, to 148-5 last ball of the game.

Jefferson and Boyce fail to turn good starts to fifties, and it's really frustrating to see Cobb and Smith failing again.

Interesting to see Sri Lanka A giving the Lions a tough game, which show that our young side performed well to beat them so easily and obviously have it in them somewhere!

Interesting to see Sri Lanka A giving the Lions a tough game, which show that our young side performed well to beat them so easily and obviously have it in them somewhere!

although a win is a win - it might also indicate that the Sri Lankans took a couple of games to adjust to English conditions. Incidentally, I also think that the whole balance of Test cricket has been changed by the contemporary practice of touring sides being flung into Test matches a few days after they arive here. I realise that its all about the ECB (and ICC) cramming as many international games as possible into an English summer but I don't think that a touring side gets much of a deal out of this. The cramming of matches has reached its limit with the staging of 2 t20s against the West Indies right at the end of September....apparently to satisfy contractual arrangements with Sky. I suspect that the Oval will not be packed out.

although a win is a win - it might also indicate that the Sri Lankans took a couple of games to adjust to English conditions.

true, but more than a couple of the Sri Lankans had been here with the test squad at the start of the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669