Kettering Town (a)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bru wake up and look at the squad, yes we need a striker, but the defensive options are so much better. Kasper is better then Weale, and has so much more potential.

He's not far wrong. We lost some quality players in the summer and have replaced them. I've not seen every pre season game, however there are already question marks over Kasper.

We need a striker, and need one sharpish.

Are we down yet? etc.

He's not far wrong. We lost some quality players in the summer and have replaced them. I've not seen every pre season game, however there are already question marks over Kasper.

We need a striker, and need one sharpish.

While I am positive about the season ahead, I do think we need a bit more in front of goal still.

I'm happy to have signed Nugent, but he's not as good as the Yak, and we've not added anything else attack wise.

Our defence looks a lot stronger though with plenty of experience. Our main problem towards the end of the season was conceding too many, so hopefully we'll have sorted that. The striker will arrive soon enough.... but I'd like a winger too.

Cov beat Kettering, be warned.

FT are reporting a twenty man brawl after a bad tackle on Schlupp :icon_conf

Folks reading too much into pre season games. They are a pale imitation to a competitive game. No-one wants to be injured, no-one wants to make a mistake. It's purely fitness.

Not that I'm aware of. I take it from your post that you're happy with the squad as it is?

I think we're only a couple of players away, which given what SGE and Andrew Neville have said in interviews I am extremely confident we will sign these players and that's not to mention that Andrew Neville has said we will happilly use the loan market again in season, so we can continue to improve throughout the season.

I'm more than happy with Schmeichel, I've already said my opinion on how people completely go over the top about this "flapping" nonsense in another thread. Defensively on paper we are MUCH stronger than last season, I can't believe anyone can really debate this, saying that Konchesky, St. Ledger and Mills are simply "replacements" for the likes of Bruma, van Aanholt and Mee is silly, they are clearly a step up. In midfield, I thought we were already strong last season and with the signing of Danns have only got stronger, if we get Fernandes in then even more so. Only thing we are really missing for me is a striker to replace Yakubu and I'm confident SGE will sign him.

Last edited:
I think we're only a couple of players away, which I am extremely confident we will sign and that's not to mention that Andrew Neville has said we will happilly use the loan market again in season.

I'm more than with Schmeichel, I've already said my opinion on how people completely go over the top about this "flapping" nonsense in another thread. Defensively on paper we are MUCH stronger than last season, I can't believe anyone can really debate this, saying that Konchesky, St. Ledger and Mills are simply "replacements" for the likes of Bruma, van Aanholt and Mee is silly, they are clearly a step up. In midfield, I thought we were already strong last season and with the signing of Danns have only got stronger, if we get Fernandes in then even more so. Only thing we are really missing for me is a striker to replace Yakubu and I'm confident SGE will sign him.

This :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670