King Richard III

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what reasons have people been signing this petition? Why do you think his remains should stay in Leicester? What claim does Leicester have over what's left of him and why do you want him to remain there?

If I was looking in from afar I would have said Westminster Abbey or maybe Windsor Castle, but knowing the work that has gone into the dig and subsequent establishment of the identity of the bones, I would go for Leicester and after all he has already been in the city for over 500 years

That Leicester Cathedral was chosen, when the exhumation licence was granted by the Ministry of Justice, before the search for Richard III's remains began, should itself make the debate irrelevant anyway.

Last edited:
Almost 30,000 signatures now, 10 days to go

Twelve quid, for probably the shittest t-shirt I've ever seen

Twelve feckin' quid FFS !

i think it's so shit, it's actually quite funny

and £12 is £11.90 to the club and 10p to China

I signed it, just because Yorkshire folk are in the main a bunch of bellends. The arguments in that article sum it up pretty well, why would a place 3 (?) times as big need to modernise more than York over the years?

We 'as got more than them norverners

Take that, you whippet-loving freaks

We 'as got more than them norverners

Take that, you whippet-loving freaks

:081: I agree with you on the whippet-loving freaks bit, but please don't class them as norverners. Us true norverners object to the connection, Yorkshire is just a big piece of land seperating two more civilised parts of the country.

The Leicester petition has now passed the Yorkie total

If I was looking in from afar I would have said Westminster Abbey or maybe Windsor Castle.

As the Queen is descended from Henry Tudor the great enemy of Richard III the present occupants of Windsor have no interest in burying him there. Richard III's successor is buried in Westminster Abbey but they have declined to get involved.

It is not automatic for a King to be buried in Windsor or Westminster Abbey. King John is buried in Worcester and King Edward II is buried in Gloucester. Richard the Lionheart in Fontevraud in France but for complex medieval reasons his heart is buried in Rouen. As Richard III's heart is not available perhaps we could offer York two fingers.

Last edited:
It is not often I have a good word to say for the present government but well done to Justice Secretary Chris Grayling for his comment that :
we reached an agreement with Leicester University, which funded and carried out the dig, and I think we should stick to the agreements we reached.”

From a purely financial point of view archaeological work is expensive. The results are often disappointing through no one's fault. It is essential that when a dig is successful the Ministry of Justice honours its agreement.

We will be Premier league by the time he is buried here (again). York are only Conference. I'm sure its what he would have wanted and no less than he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669