Knockaert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoted in the French press as wanting to leave at the end of the season and described us as a 'spring board'.
He can think it, but he shouldn't say it to the media. Not surprising really (neither that he thinks it, nor that he's stupid enough to say it to the media)

Last edited:
I read elsewhere that the whole interview has been misinterpreted due to the translation from French to English.

There are also rumours he took a swing at RDL in training on Friday hence his exclusion from the squad yesterday.

Mahrez is the winger that everyone will be looking at buying come the end of the season.

Get your hands off our Knockaers!

I'd be disappointed to see him leave. Exciting player, but needs to up his game a bit this year.

I've also noticed before that whenever a player spouts off before a big game, as Knocky did about Arsenal, Nigel promptly drops them from the squad completely.

I thought he did well against Everton and was surprised Schlupp picked ahead of him again yesterday. Assume he was shite against Shrewsbury though

To be fair....who should have been dropped to make room for him on the bench yesterday?

Not Cambiasso, Drinkwater, Was, Hamer, Vardy...

Maybe Chris Wood...maybe Albrighton?

Wasn't shocked to see him out of the 18.

you say he is awful every game so I don't really give much to your opinions on the matter

Oh.

What I've said on here before now is that he's talented but over-rated. He's a very inconsistent player that plays really well one game in five and this isn't good enough for the Premier League. He also doesn't score or assist enough.

He's still young mind and definitely good enough to make it, but he's out of the squad on merit just now.

The last time I saw Knockaert play was against Shrewsbury: Premier League you're having a laugh. Taylor-Fletcher, Wasilewski and Wood played as though they thought the game mattered; Knockaert did not.

Against top quality forwards we will not get away with players who give the ball away too easily and who neglect their defensive duties. Last season there was an opposition free kick where Mike Stowell shouted "Good position Anthony". Knockaert gave him a look that said "Pure coincidence". It is too early to know how good Albrighton is but I guess Nigel thought that if he needed a winger to see the game out against a more talented team then Albrighton was a safer option. .

3 games into the new season and one of our most dangerous and creative players is being written off already as he hasn't scored a Messi like goal already beating the who opposition in one go. His covering is no worse than Mahrez and Knocky takes a much better sey piece as I don't think any of Mahrez's have beaten the first man yet.

Unbelievable really but also not at all at the same time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566