Knockaert

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's competing with Powell, Mahrez, Albrighton, Nugent, Vardy and Lawrence for game time and space on the bench.

He's going to have to work bloody hard and play bloody well to get in front of some of those names.

You get fans moaning about the trite generic bollocks that managers and players spout, yet moan when they are honest. Pearson gets credit for saying it as it is. I still think the tone is lost in translation, but I can't understand why he shouldn't say it other than that it might upset a few fans who can't accept what we are.

I agree with what he says, I just think that it doesn't make sense saying it. Doesn't matter if he is lying or telling the truth. What sort of thing do we moan at the managers and players for?

Last edited:
He's competing with Powell, Mahrez, Albrighton, Nugent, Vardy and Lawrence for game time and space on the bench.

He's going to have to work bloody hard and play bloody well to get in front of some of those names.

Spot on, its very healthy for the club, for the players potentially very frustrating. However add in injuries, and tactical requirements there is no doubt that chances for the starting spot will appear for all the players. Another factor is the high tempo play we are displaying. Against Arsenal Mahrez was taken off as was Ulloa both were knackered, and players are going to be rested so they can get through what is going to be a tough season. We are going to need all the squad, not just eleven 'regulars'.

Spot on, its very healthy for the club, for the players potentially very frustrating. However add in injuries, and tactical requirements there is no doubt that chances for the starting spot will appear for all the players. Another factor is the high tempo play we are displaying. Against Arsenal Mahrez was taken off as was Ulloa both were knackered, and players are going to be rested so they can get through what is going to be a tough season. We are going to need all the squad, not just eleven 'regulars'.

Certainly in the Premier League I think you would need an amazing first XI to be able to cope with every team. Part of the success of some managers is choosing the right team for a particular game, even just whether you are at home or away. I would guess many managers would have maybe a core of about 6 or 7 and then another 8 or 9 who could be starters for many games.

knockeart is a player who seems to have got worse, his better games were earlier in his career with us and his EPL game he had many stray passes. Doesnt look the same class as mahrez who so far hasnt looked out of place in the EPL.

knockeart is a player who seems to have got worse, his better games were earlier in his career with us and his EPL game he had many stray passes. Doesnt look the same class as mahrez who so far hasnt looked out of place in the EPL.

I don't think he was fit against Everton. Also, most of our players were below par for the first hour against them.

.....He's a cracking player on his day. I am sure he sees himself playing at the top echelons of football and I will enjoy watching him striving to get there. Whether he does? Not sure.

You know what? I think the circle time needs to begin again. Go on, let's get DezzieFox dressed up as James Scowcroft and chant like we did all those years ago...

While I like the sound of that, I'm not letting you shove me out on the wing again. I'm definitely playing up top this time, or in the hole of course...

If I read that interview correctly and the meaning isn't lost in translation, isn't he making it very clear that he has no intention of staying at the club when his contract expires next summer and expects to be going onto a bigger and better club?

Cheeky twat. If true, we should have sold him.
You didn't read it correctly. It says he wants to sign an extension because he's very happy here.

The springboard thing is mentioned in response to the interviewer's question, but he says he wants to do well at Leicester and some day move on.

It's actually a very positive interview. I feel for the guy that automatic translations are casting him as a villain!

Anthony Knockaert @Aknockaert · 2h
stop to be stupid since some days because that's not what I said ... They distorted everything ! People are very idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669