Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sampled The Case Sat night - good food (again), staff pleasant enough, still pricey for what you actually get though.

Also, tried The Shires for a carvery - very busy, staff clueless, food ok'ish.

Anyone tried The Woodhouse, at Woodhouse Eves?

I am going there one night this coming week.

The Manor, Little Glen Road, Glen Parva. Have a 2 for 1 deal and in my opinion even at the equivalent of half price it wasn't worth it. Poor, lesson learnt.

The Manor, Little Glen Road, Glen Parva. Have a 2 for 1 deal and in my opinion even at the equivalent of half price it wasn't worth it. Poor, lesson learnt.

Added together with the awful service, and the ignorant landlady, I class this as one of the worst eateries in the area.

Added together with the awful service, and the ignorant landlady, I class this as one of the worst eateries in the area.

Which is a shame as it is set in a really nice area what with the farmland and historical ditch thingy behind it.

Don Leone, Queens Road.

Limited and unadventurous menu, but what they do, they do pretty well. Bimbo waitresses easy on the eye but less good at the waitressing duties. 7/10.

You are not alone in that summation.

The white horse at broughton astley is abit better, both owned by Marstons with largely same menu, but I find the WH a much more efficent and usable place.

Last edited:
Just got back from 'Las Iguanas' latin American type restaurant.

I thought the food was top notch and no more expensive than anywhere else.Recommended.

Its a tad out the way but the Gate at Osbaston is a quality pub grub restaurant.

Good selection on menu and specials. good sized platefuls and basically just good pub grub. Also if you go before 7 at night you get a third off your bill monday to friday.

It does get a tad busy though so you may have to wait if not their early enough. just tell them you were here before 7 though and you should still get the third off the bill.

watch out for the gay barman though if he's working. seems to be eyeing every bloke up! creepy!:icon_eek:

Its a tad out the way but the Gate at Osbaston is a quality pub grub restaurant.

Good selection on menu and specials. good sized platefuls and basically just good pub grub. Also if you go before 7 at night you get a third off your bill monday to friday.

It does get a tad busy though so you may have to wait if not their early enough. just tell them you were here before 7 though and you should still get the third off the bill.

watch out for the gay barman though if he's working. seems to be eyeing every bloke up! creepy!:icon_eek:

Its not out of the way for all of us.:icon_wink

Definitely good size meals always feel stuffed after going there, but I have had a couple of sub-average meals. Nothing overly bad but okish stuff nothing amazing, but sometimes you just want pub grub as you so rightly said.

Weatherspoons, Oadby. Thursday night is curry night. Beef Madras, Pilau Rice, naan, couple of popadoms and a pint of Guinness for just £5.10. Not the biggest portion, not the greatest tasting, but for the money flipping good value.

Weatherspoons, Oadby. Thursday night is curry night. Beef Madras, Pilau Rice, naan, couple of popadoms and a pint of Guinness for just £5.10. Not the biggest portion, not the greatest tasting, but for the money flipping good value.

If you're just looking for value, try a Crown Carvery. Their present curry offer is Stella and a Curry for £4.49.

(You'll have to cross Watling Street to find your nearest though)

I was back in Leicester a couple of weeks ago and had the pleasure of a very decent curry at the Taj Mahal just off London Road and some top quality nosh at Thai Orchid in Oadby. Both recommended.

I went Dipali in Blaby last week for a curry with the boys and girls.

A starter, a curry, a rice, poppadoms and an ice cream for desert all for £7.95 and they do that monday to thursday.

It was really good quality too. added a good old naan fo a quid extra.

Ive been too its not bad. Im not a big fan of the place but the early bird offer is good value.

The gate at Osabaston is doing a 3rd off your food bill at any time. Works out to be very good value for a decent meal, recently had a new menu as well.

The gate at Osabaston is doing a 3rd off your food bill at any time. Works out to be very good value for a decent meal, recently had a new menu as well.

Yeah went last week again for another meal. I had a cracking steak and cajun chicken combo. Chips, onion rings, salsa and sour cream sauce and salad too.

had potato skins to start with too and they put loads of cheese and bacon on them.

being a fat bastard i was in heaven!

I used to really like going there but went a few times last year and wasn't impressed, the menu wasn't as good nor was the food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566