Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I was indeed next to you, me, husband and elder daughter - we cycled there. How weird. Were you outside having a drink when we collected our bikes? I hope we didn't drive you out !!

It was us outside, but we only went out because it was so hot. As we went out Ben decided he wanted a desert to follow us out there. He's back out to Afganistan on sunday where its over 40 degrees c, so why he couldnt stand a hot day in Leicestershire I'll never know!

Nosey old trout!

We were still trying to decide what to order when they delivered the pie past us and I commented on how lovely the crust looked and my daughter was intrigued by the name of the Superman meal. It didn't really help us choose since none of us eat meat.

I'd be useless as a witness to a crime though as I couldn't tell you what Manxfox or his companions looked like. I just remembered the food :icon_redf

We were still trying to decide what to order when they delivered the pie past us and I commented on how lovely the crust looked and my daughter was intrigued by the name of the Superman meal. It didn't really help us choose since none of us eat meat.

I'd be useless as a witness to a crime though as I couldn't tell you what Manxfox or his companions looked like. I just remembered the food :icon_redf

No idea what the shooter looked like officer, but he did have a lovely chicken and mushroom pie with short crust pastry, field mushrooms, free range chicken, sauce looked abit off though. Hope that was useful, officer, :)

No idea what the shooter looked like officer, but he did have a lovely chicken and mushroom pie with short crust pastry, field mushrooms, free range chicken, sauce looked abit off though. Hope that was useful, officer, :)

A bit like the time a couple of years ago when I reported to the police that a naked man was walking down Welford Road. When I was interviewed a couple of hours later (after they'd caught him) I had to admit that I couldn't describe his face, hair colour etc as my attention wasn't focused there. :icon_redf

Last edited:
Need a quick recommendation on a carvery in Leics. Looking for good value. Go!

The Shires - Peatling Parva. Good carvery the last time I went.

Forgot to mention this last week.......

Cactus Cafe, mexican in Loughborough.

Fecking beautiful food served by lovely young things with suggestive slogans on the back of their t-shirts. (Something like blow it, slap it, suck it). Had three courses and drinks and worked out just over £20 per head.

Only downside the tables and chairs were a bit naff, bit like eating in a grown-ups school dining room - all hard wood and basic.

Definitely go again though, simply delicious.

Jesus wept that place must of undergone a massive menu revamp or has new owners. It was ****ing awful when we went. The was like someone had been to the supermarket and filled their trolley with Ol El Paso shit and used that. I'd go as far to say it was the worst place we have eaten in Leicestershire.

There is a Mexican in Market Harborough that is far more authentic but still a long way off the real stuff.

Crown of India - Fleckney

good grub as usual (I had the Chicken Tikka Shashlik). They've upped the portions so we had plenty of rice this time. The service however was so slow. They also had a lot of translation problems. I ordered a coke and got a cobra.

The Grey Goose at Gilmorton.

Not a carvery fan really but this is superb. Cant fault it really. 10/10.

Also rammed with totty, which was nice :)

Went to Cafe Rouge for a quick bite to eat on Saturday.

Except I didn't. After being shown a table, we waited ten minutes not have a single word spoken to us. When we walked out, one of the waiters said 'thanks for your service'.......

The Village at Newtown Linford ... opposite the park gates. Excellent food in a very relaxed and informal atmosphere. Went a few weeks ago for Sunday lunch and have booked to go for lunch on Christmas Day.

It's run by the same people that have the Grey Lady.

Highly recommended.

http://www.thevillagerestaurantnewtownlinford.co.uk/

Colourworks opposite Castle Park.... Got the £23 groupon and was a little skeptical really, I needn't have worried as it really was superb. I started with crispy belly of pork with apricot chutney, followed by the intermediate champagne sorbet, and finished off with the roast Sea-bass with Parmesan crust. I thought the foot was very good and the service was nice and quick, house wine was nice and also the Morretti on tap.

Finished off with a Liqueur Coffee from a range of about 10 offered.

Oh the Mrs had a load of vegetarian stuff so I wont bother you with that.

I thought the foot was very good and the service was nice and quick, house wine was nice and also the Morretti on tap.

How was the foot prepared? Was it served with toe-jam? Did you get legless on the Moretti?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669