Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Loch Fyne on King's Street last night in the end.

Mackerel pate, moules mariniere and creme brulee. Absolutely gorgeous.

Never been, but have heard good reports.

I'm glad the hour it took to compile my list went to good use :icon_roll

:icon_wink

Anyone been to Cheikhos?

Cherry's Restaurant, Belmont Hotel. Went for the old man's 50th.

Very expensive for what was essentially pub food.

Would not go back.

La Dolce Vita, Narborough Road. The only thing worse than my undercooked steak ("well done" shouldn't be pink anywhere let alone bright red in the middle) and almost raw new potatoes was the attitude of that little old ****er and his fat mate. A couple of ****s I'll never buy anything from again.

Just in case anyone is unsure, I'm not going back.

La Dolce Vita, Narborough Road. The only thing worse than my undercooked steak ("well done" shouldn't be pink anywhere let alone bright red in the middle) and almost raw new potatoes was the attitude of that little old ****er and his fat mate. A couple of ****s I'll never buy anything from again.

Well that must be a one off, as I've been there several times and the food has been nothing but perfect, along with the service.

Last edited:
Well that must be a one off, as I've been there several times and the food has been nothing but perfect, along with the service.

Probably saw the state of him and thought he was homeless so gave him the scraps :icon_lol:

It may well have been. All I know is the fat one snapped at my old man for indulging in a ten second conversation with the waitress ("she ain't got time to talk, we're busy"), while the little old one glared at us impatiently while we were ordering and showed visible annoyance after I told him to watch his step where my dad had managed to spill his drink. I was already unimpressed because of the standard of the food, which was seriously poor. Those two just made it worse.

Any chef worth his salt would have gobbed on the steak when you asked for it to be overcooked too. :)

Zucchero World Buffet.

Very overpriced at £12 per head (drinks extra) in my humble opinion.

I am starting to think that mixed buffet venues are for students and the impoverished because something is definitely lacking when you mix so many different dishes.

Zucchero World Buffet.

Very overpriced at £12 per head (drinks extra) in my humble opinion.

I am starting to think that mixed buffet venues are for students and the impoverished because something is definitely lacking when you mix so many different dishes.

I've got mates who think it's a great place to go for an organised night out, as there is "something for everyone". These are the same mates who I persuaded to go to a tapas bar, where they ordered a tapas dish each, and then complained that the portions were stingy.

So you did pay for the meal then?
If you're unhappy with the food in a restaurant, pay what you think the food is worth, leave your name and address and invite them to sue you for the difference. It's an entirely civil matter, so they can't stop you from leaving or force you to pay up their asking price.

So you did pay for the meal then?
If you're unhappy with the food in a restaurant, pay what you think the food is worth, leave your name and address and invite them to sue you for the difference. It's an entirely civil matter, so they can't stop you from leaving or force you to pay up their asking price.

How many times have you done this?

How many times have you done this?

Twice. Although, once I didn't pay anything and didn't leave my name and address, I just told them to **** off and we left. I was justified though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669