Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I am not a regular eater-out I'm looking for somewhere to take the new girlfriend out for an evening meal.
I've looked through roughly 60-70 pages on here (yes at this hour I have nothing to do but look through here for ideas!) and have narrowed them down to this:

Cini
Colourworks
Royal Oak at Kirby Muxloe
The Copt Oak
Crown (the?)

Is there any of those 5 that would be highly recommended?

Also looked on a few other sites and found The Gate Bistro & Slate restaurant, can anyone shed any light here?

Big differences in price and quality there, what are you looking for from the evening? Apart from the obvious :)

Colourworks was good when I went, a bit pricey but very nice, also good for a stroll along the river or castle park before or after the meal, or maybe a couple of drinks in a bar in West End.

Went to The Berkeley Arms in Wymondham last week. Fantastic meal and very good service. Will definitely return.

Big differences in price and quality there, what are you looking for from the evening? Apart from the obvious :)

Right I didn't realise that. I'd like to take her somewhere a bit more 'up market' and a more restaurant styled place as opposed to a 'pub meal'. Price isn't too much of an issue, but preferably not ridiculously priced, nothing irritates me more than being ripped off (as I'm sure everyone else is the same).

Don't bother with the "American" diner in the highcross. Ridiculously expensive for what was clearly microwaved food.

Last edited:
The Gelsmoor near Peggs Green - Fantastic

Went as a large group just before Chrtistmas and everyone had a great meal all served at the same time.

Nipped in after Golf on Saturday in the afternoon with fairly muddy golf clothes on and were welcomed into the bar area regardless, some places of a similar standard wouldn't even want you there.

Went in later that night for a meal with the mrs and again had a great meal which worked out only slightly more than if you go to one of these shite 2-4-1 places that serve microwave food.

All in all, reccomended.

OK, I know it's more than five thousand miles from Leicestershire, but I just had to share my absolute joy that you can now get a decent curry in Tucson, Arizona! Take a bow, Saffron Bistro.

OK, I know it's more than five thousand miles from Leicestershire, but I just had to share my absolute joy that you can now get a decent curry in Tucson, Arizona! Take a bow, Saffron Bistro.

Holy shit, The Saff to Arizona.

I don't believe you, I will have to try next time I'm back! Where is it.

Ah thats why we haven't been to it, its a bit far NW for us.

Have you seen what they have done to 4th Ave, Tramline and the new Uni dorms? Looks awful, ruined 4ths character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669