LCFC players at the ACON

I think we could get the whole stadium singing this

I think we could get the whole stadium singing this

You start. We'll join in with the chorus.

"Against anticipated cagey opponents, Nigeria requires guile and craft as much as any physical attributes.

Kelechi Iheanacho brings that ingenuity and finishing touch in abundance to unlock defences if unleashed from the outset."

They talking about our Kelechi?

"Against anticipated cagey opponents, Nigeria requires guile and craft as much as any physical attributes.

Kelechi Iheanacho brings that ingenuity and finishing touch in abundance to unlock defences if unleashed from the outset."

He sounds alright, we should gerrimin

What makes me smile, is the thought of him being "unleashed".

So. If Fatawu had joined his national team for this, he'd now be out and available to play for us on Saturday.

Staying here fecked us at Coventry and possibly on Monday, given how much less capable McAteer is.

Two more games to go where his absence will be costly.

He's my favourite player but he made a couple of very dumb decisions for him and us. And he's indirectly kicked Chris Hughton in the knackers as well.

Or he might have broken his leg in the first game.

Or the Brexit vote might have gone the other way

Or I might not have had those extra 2 drinks in 1987, not gone home with that girl & not ended up on a course of antibiotics.

etc

Has anyone been watching any of this? It's been quite exciting as a neutral, it appears to be wide open now that all the favourites have been elminated. The best team I've seen so far is Angola, extremely well drilled, very tough to break down and quick on the break, I fancy them to win it.

I've been watching. Mostly because I had a few bets. Mainly opposing the North Africans. People don't seem to realise how badly those teams perform when playing below the Sahara. No surprise they've all struggled. Not one left by the QF stage.

I backed Mali & Burkina Faso at big prices. Typically they ended up playing each other. On the plus side that's OK as it guarantees a quarter finalist but on the down side it would have been better if Burkina had gone through as I had Traore to be top scorer at 100/1. He's on the plane home after scoring 3 in 4 games. The guy topping the chart with 5 was already going home. Gutted.

I'll be laying off on Mali now though. They're basically the Turkey of African football. Often quietly fancied to do something but usually manage to **** it up.

Agree about Angola. Solid & unspectacular can be enough to win an AFCON.

All unpredictable as **** though. Senegal looked like they'd cruise to at least the semis & then they go & lose to the Ivory Coast who'd been dog shit in every game.

& after the first games you'd have booked South Africa's tickets home, but there they still are.

I've been watching. Mostly because I had a few bets. Mainly opposing the North Africans. People don't seem to realise how badly those teams perform when playing below the Sahara. No surprise they've all struggled. Not one left by the QF stage.

I backed Mali & Burkina Faso at big prices. Typically they ended up playing each other. On the plus side that's OK as it guarantees a quarter finalist but on the down side it would have been better if Burkina had gone through as I had Traore to be top scorer at 100/1. He's on the plane home after scoring 3 in 4 games. The guy topping the chart with 5 was already going home. Gutted.

I'll be laying off on Mali now though. They're basically the Turkey of African football. Often quietly fancied to do something but usually manage to **** it up.

Agree about Angola. Solid & unspectacular can be enough to win an AFCON.

All unpredictable as **** though. Senegal looked like they'd cruise to at least the semis & then they go & lose to the Ivory Coast who'd been dog shit in every game.

& after the first games you'd have booked South Africa's tickets home, but there they still are.
I'm afraid I did that... looked at my Cash out and thought about it when Senegal were winning with 10 minutes to go... gutting collapse.

I'm afraid I did that... looked at my Cash out and thought about it when Senegal were winning with 10 minutes to go... gutting collapse.
Irritating as hell.

I'm going to have to make a decision too. With Mali's infamous flakiness I should probably secure a profit by just backing the Ivory Coast to qualify. But the odds aren't wonderful. It's irritating that the Ivory Coast are big favourites. They shouldn't be based on the fact that they've played about half an hour of decent football in the whole tournament ! But the host nation thing plays a big part.
Looks like I'll just have to watch the game & hope Mali score first, then make a decision. If that doesn't happen I reckon i'll just have to right it off & hope for the best.

lol...thank **** Mali scored first so I could lay them.

True to form they manage to lose to 10 men after taking the lead. Gutless wonders with not the first clue how to manage a game.

& there ends my interest in the tournament. Don't give a **** who wins now.

Nigeria thought they'd scored a second to go through to the final and instead after the VAR the goal was disallowed and instead they have a penalty against them and South Africa scored. And then South Africa missed a clear chance to win in Injury time
Nacho could well come on in Extra time or even former player and Super Eagles Talisman Musa
Previous Academy player Calvin Bassey looked quite useful as well.
Lookman nearly scored before all the theatrics at the end , he looked tired though.
It'll probably be boring Extra Time now as no team want to lose. So penalties perhaps

Nigeria thought they'd scored a second to go through to the final and instead after the VAR the goal was disallowed and instead they have a penalty against them and South Africa scored. And then South Africa missed a clear chance to win in Injury time
Nacho could well come on in Extra time or even former player and Super Eagles Talisman Musa
Previous Academy player Calvin Bassey looked quite useful as well.
Lookman nearly scored before all the theatrics at the end , he looked tired though.
It'll probably be boring Extra Time now as no team want to lose. So penalties perhaps
The South Africa penalty will be remembered for an immortal piece of commentary from Steve Wilson on the Beeb.

‘It is a effectively a microcosm of a penalty shootout’

🙃

The South Africa penalty will be remembered for an immortal piece of commentary from Steve Wilson on the Beeb.

‘It is a effectively a microcosm of a penalty shootout’

🙃
It’s gone to penalties.

Hopefully Steve can explain it for us. Will it be like an expended version of the penalty we saw in normal time? Perhaps with each team taking it in turns to try and score a penalty? Seems like a fair way of doing it.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463