Leeds United - Tuesday 17th October 2006 - Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the word pillar, and turned it into a pun utilising a similairly pronounced word with a different spelling, pillow.

The pun was intended to suggest that the 3 named players in said pun appear to "go missing" during the game. I was suggesting that they would be using said pillar/pillow to rest their weary heads on when they we missing, as in asleep on a pillow

If they didn't understand it the first time, it's not worth explaining it to them.

does anyone know if it will be possible to purchase a ticket in the Leicester fans on the door at leeds and if it would be possible to blag a student as a concession???
also one for you Boc, o wise train person, whats the cheapest ticket i can get for a return from manchester on a young persons railcard???

cheers for any info

tickets can be pruchased at the ground from the ticket office (west stand I beleive) No idea on Student prices.

Cheers, but do you know what time the ticket office will be open till as i have to be in uni until 6 tomorrow then get the train although the station is 2 mins from uni, and then get to the ground which is a fair treck away i believe so its going to be a bit tight for time if i decide to go.

Cheers, but do you know what time the ticket office will be open till as i have to be in uni until 6 tomorrow then get the train although the station is 2 mins from uni, and then get to the ground which is a fair treck away i believe so its going to be a bit tight for time if i decide to go.

In which case I beleive you might struggle. Just call the city ticket office today and buy over the phone nad see if they will leave it at the Leeds ticket ofice for you to collect.

Thanks for the help, but think im going to have to leave it as i cant really afford to pay £21, i was hoping to either blag a student or u-16 which would be hard paying on my own card becuase i gotta watch the penies as its only october and the beer tokens seem to be running low already!!!!

Well its either that or sack of uni tomorrow!!!!!!!

In which case I beleive you might struggle. Just call the city ticket office today and buy over the phone nad see if they will leave it at the Leeds ticket ofice for you to collect.

You could also email them with the same request. If you haven't already got a credit card number registered with them, ask them to ring you for the number.

does anyone know if it will be possible to purchase a ticket in the Leicester fans on the door at leeds and if it would be possible to blag a student as a concession???
also one for you Boc, o wise train person, whats the cheapest ticket i can get for a return from manchester on a young persons railcard???

Durham has already said that away tickets will be available from the ticket office at the ground. There are no student tickets available for this game. The only concessions are for Seniors and 15 and unders. You might have a lot of blagging to do!

Cheap Day Return with a YP railcard is £8.65.

TransPennine Express also do a cheaper Student Getaway ticket at £6.50 (return) but it is not available on trains which leave Manchester between 16:30 and 18:30. After the 16:24 from Piccadilly, you couldn't use it again until the 18:41 which only arrives in Leeds 9 minutes before kick-off. Presumably it is called a Student Getaway ticket because students have to get away from their lectures early to be able to use it. Please note that this ticket is not available on Northern services from and to Manchester Victoria.

I've just been able to confirm that tickets will be sold at Elland Road on the day of the match. You will not be able to pay on the gate, but should go to the West Stand ticket office which is at the south-west corner of the ground. See plan.

Durham has already said that away tickets will be available from the ticket office at the ground. There are no student tickets available for this game. The only concessions are for Seniors and 15 and unders. You might have a lot of blagging to do!

Cheap Day Return with a YP railcard is £8.65.

TransPennine Express also do a cheaper Student Getaway ticket at £6.50 (return) but it is not available on trains which leave Manchester between 16:30 and 18:30. After the 16:24 from Piccadilly, you couldn't use it again until the 18:41 which only arrives in Leeds 9 minutes before kick-off. Presumably it is called a Student Getaway ticket because students have to get away from their lectures early to be able to use it. Please note that this ticket is not available on Northern services from and to Manchester Victoria.

I've just been able to confirm that tickets will be sold at Elland Road on the day of the match. You will not be able to pay on the gate, but should go to the West Stand ticket office which is at the south-west corner of the ground. See plan.

thanks a lot for the info, im well up for going now as i reckon we will give them a right tonking and its pretty cheap on the train!! just now need to try and pursuade my housemate whos a Leeds fan to come as well as i don't fancy having to get back to the train station after we have beat them on my own!!!

thanks a lot for the info, im well up for going now as i reckon we will give them a right tonking and its pretty cheap on the train!! just now need to try and pursuade my housemate whos a Leeds fan to come as well as i don't fancy having to get back to the train station after we have beat them on my own!!!

always plenty of coppers aound, dont worry, just dont chirp up too loudly after we beat 'em:038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4585
5West Brom4573
6Norwich City4573
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4464