Post Match Leicester 0 Chelsea 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap formation. CR fecked it up. Gave the players no chance IMO.

Ndidi did ok. Faded in the second half. Thought Mendy looked good in patches too.
Vardy might as well not been on the pitch and Musa is still not good enough.

Personally think we've seen the Champions of this year here today, so i'm not going to over react to this one.

Vardy did well considering he had no support at all, I am getting pissed off with tge constant changing up front Hargreaves hit the nail on the head we need a settled front two, I would go with Vardy and Shinji and leave it put Ndidi and DD in ghe middle and leave them to get on with it. put Albrighton on the right and Chillwell on the left same back 4 as last season give the lads some stability we lost to the champions this season they had a slice of luck tonight sa well.

I watched the 2nd half of WH v Palace. Entertaining it was, and a superb goal, but it wasn't superb football. It actually made me feel a little more comfortable, gave me perspective on our performances.

We'll stay up. Maybe even towards mid-table. We've had a few nightmare performances this season but we're looking better now and more than capabale of getting 40 points. That will do me this season.

The Albrighton sub was strange. Why not take off Fuchs for Simpson? Chilwell and Gray down one side, Simpson and Albrighton down the other.
This is exactly what we should have done at the start of the second half.

Wow, complete dog shit after the 1st 10 minutes.

Hilarious to think we had a 6 strong central area and yet managed to look like we had less players in there than when we played 442.

Let's be honest, we wouldn't have scored if we'd played all week.

More importantly, Chelsea didn't get out of 2nd gear, they simply coasted through that.

We are so uncreative, a borefest with no movement and no drive.

Vardy did well considering he had no support at all, I am getting pissed off with tge constant changing up front Hargreaves hit the nail on the head we need a settled front two, I would go with Vardy and Shinji and leave it put Ndidi and DD in ghe middle and leave them to get on with it. put Albrighton on the right and Chillwell on the left same back 4 as last season give the lads some stability we lost to the champions this season they had a slice of luck tonight sa well.

Agree with most of that. Wouldn't have Fuchs in the team right now though. All 3 goals were more to do with our pathetic defending than their creative genius I thought. We've lacked stability due to changes each game. But when certain games have been unimportant to certain players (when a better game is coming up) it's difficult to keep a settled side and pick our best players. Claudio has also been guilty of sacrificing certain games too. Hopefully once we're out of the CL it's not too late to get a settled team in.

I watched the 2nd half of WH v Palace. Entertaining it was, and a superb goal, but it wasn't superb football. It actually made me feel a little more comfortable, gave me perspective on our performances.

We'll stay up. Maybe even towards mid-table. We've had a few nightmare performances this season but we're looking better now and more than capabale of getting 40 points. That will do me this season.

I admire your positivity, as Ill judged as it is.

We are currently under the required run rate to achieve the lofty achievement of 40 points.

Also, remember that we can't concentrate on the league when the Champions league is in play, Claudio was delighted for the break from it, his delight was also Ill judged.

However people want to dress it up, the league doesn't lie and we are one of the worst teams in the league and we are in a fight.

Hilarious to think we had a 6 strong central area and yet managed to look like we had less players in there than when we played 442.

There was a spell in the first half when the central three were closing down quickly, making strong challenges and winning the ball back. If they'd kept that up we may have got back into the game. Instead we waved the white flag and let Chelsea do what they wanted.

I was really looking forward to this match. I thought we'd be up for it and give them a right good game. How wrong can someone be.

Ranieri over thought it. He changed formation to counteract an opposition but he did it very badly. Against Chelsea, some teams can adjust to three at the back; we can't. If we do want to adjust to counteract them, we need to play three forward players with two of them right on the flanks to occupy their wing backs. It was glaringly obvious that the switch wasn't working, but he persisted with it.

Having said that, what is wrong with our players from last season? They appear to be incapable of doing anything other than 4-4-2. It's like they're a pack of robots with no programming for anything else. It's pathetic that they cannot make simple changes in formation for games and within games without dithering about pointing at each other like they're playing a completely different sport.

I thought we'd see the Vardy of last season tonight. He's had a month off to get fitter and hungrier but he was useless. The total opposite of leading from the front. He made half arsed attempts to chase crap balls, clapped the player supplying the ball (usually Drinkwater) and then disappeared up his own arsehole once again. Musa was much better but inexplicably moved wide and then subbed.

Drinkwater was our 'free' man. It was his job to get the ball and play in Musa and Vardy. His forward passing was diabolical.

However, above all others, step forward Fuchs. He's been dreadful this season but this was his worst performance of all. Totally clueless and contemptible application. He surely cannot retain a place much longer. Although Chilwell has some rough edges, he is far superior.

I could pick out others from last season. Schmeichel was brain dead and gormless throughout for example. Those not part of the title winning team did well (N'didi, Mendy, Chilwell, Musa). They were shamelessly let down by those that don't give a shit anymore.

Chelsea won't have an easier game this season. Except maybe for when they played us at Stamford Bridge. They were very average tonight but didn't have to do much to comfortably beat us.

Totally gutted by that tonight. Utterly let down. And whether we want to admit it or not, we're in trouble.

I was really looking forward to this match. I thought we'd be up for it and give them a right good game. How wrong can someone be.

Ranieri over thought it. He changed formation to counteract an opposition but he did it very badly. Against Chelsea, some teams can adjust to three at the back; we can't. If we do want to adjust to counteract them, we need to play three forward players with two of them right on the flanks to occupy their wing backs. It was glaringly obvious that the switch wasn't working, but he persisted with it.

Having said that, what is wrong with our players from last season? They appear to be incapable of doing anything other than 4-4-2. It's like they're a pack of robots with no programming for anything else. It's pathetic that they cannot make simple changes in formation for games and within games without dithering about pointing at each other like they're playing a completely different sport.

I thought we'd see the Vardy of last season tonight. He's had a month off to get fitter and hungrier but he was useless. The total opposite of leading from the front. He made half arsed attempts to chase crap balls, clapped the player supplying the ball (usually Drinkwater) and then disappeared up his own arsehole once again. Musa was much better but inexplicably moved wide and then subbed.

Drinkwater was our 'free' man. It was his job to get the ball and play in Musa and Vardy. His forward passing was diabolical.

However, above all others, step forward Fuchs. He's been dreadful this season but this was his worst performance of all. Totally clueless and contemptible application. He surely cannot retain a place much longer. Although Chilwell has some rough edges, he is far superior.

I could pick out others from last season. Schmeichel was brain dead and gormless throughout for example. Those not part of the title winning team did well (N'didi, Mendy, Chilwell, Musa). They were shamelessly let down by those that don't give a shit anymore.

Chelsea won't have an easier game this season. Except maybe for when they played us at Stamford Bridge. They were very average tonight but didn't have to do much to comfortably beat us.

Totally gutted by that tonight. Utterly let down. And whether we want to admit it or not, we're in trouble.

Spot on.

we are one of the worst teams in the league and we are in a fight.

I don't disagree. I just happen to think there are at least 3 teams worse than us. I wasn't so sure of that earlier in the season!

I dunno, maybe because I wasn't expecting to win I'm feeling so-so about defeat. In short, they pissed all over us but I think we'll take something from that, there were positives. We did manage to look, for periods, confident - like a team that could play a bit. 1-1 at half time wouldn't have flattered us.

Our balance was wrong and I think CR might hold his hand up to that.

Ranieri got it wrong, the players looked clueless all game. I watched a tactical masterclass where everyone knew what they were doing, against a side that looked like it had been put together at the last minute by pulling blokes off the street and asking them to play together.

Well and truly battered by a far superior side and not even a hint of effort and drive to at least try and put them under pressure. That early goal killed the crowd and the team mind.

The hopeless hoofing within 20 yards of Vardy and hoping he works some minor miracle is just ridiculous. He needs much better service if we want to see the Vardy of last season. We look completely lost for ideas, we seemingly have no game plan.

Fuchs' days have to be numbered, he was horrendous today. I think he has been ever since Chilwell broke into the side and put in some terrific performances. I cannot see how Ranieri can persist with him any longer. Both Chilwell and Gray bring an energy to the side that was distinctly lacking today.

But thankfully we won't play sides as good as that every week. That front three of Hazard, Willian and Pedro is frightening. Their movement is superb and they barely put a foot wrong defensively. Bring on Saints and hopefully back to what the players look comfortable with.

That was horrible

Truly, geniunely horrible

BN has it called it spot on

That second half was shameful

Ranieri has got problems.
1, Huth and Morgan as first choice are done. They Cannot move the ball quickly or effectively enough to give the midfield confidence. Morgan is a bombscare on the ball and it infects the rest of the team. He can defend but he can't play football.
2, we need a new right back. Simpson can defend but not get forward. Albrighton can get forward but not defend.
3, Ndidi and Drinkwater should be our first choice central 2. Mendy just gets in the way and is slow of thought.
4, Choose a left back and stick with him. it should be Chilwell. don't just play both of them
5, Only play Musa as a sub for Vardy. he's not a winger or number 10.
6, Choose a number 10 or buy a number 10.
7, Choose a formation, buy to it and stick with it. if it's 442 and Ndidi has replaced Kante then go with that. if it's 433 then go with that.
8, jettison anyone who is done now we've won the league.

I still dont get why he keeps playing musa on the wing, he is clearly very poor there.

For me.

4-4-2 with ulloa or okizaki partnering vardy, slimani can be picked after temps warm up again as I think slimani is affected by the cold.
or 4-5-1 with one striker.

chilwell left back.

albrighton and either gray or mahrez on the other side, the issue with mahrez opposite players have worked him out and he hasnt adapted, I dont think he is lazier than other forward players we have.

mendy and ndidi midfield with okazaki as well (if 4-5-1) also.

drinkwater has turned aweful, hoofs forward that are not even accurate, huth, hoofs the ball forward also aimlessly as if he keeps panicking no composure.

if musa is played he has to be a centre forward, nothing else.

I would consider replacing either morgan or more likely huth with hernandez. keep simpson as right back, everytime he gets replaced the experiment doesnt work.

fuchs is a I dont know, he has a good cross on him and isnt scared to pass the ball forward, but chilwell has more energy.

Also to mention I notice we sit so far back of the ball, we dont chase things down, never there for second balls, just no energy in the team.

Last edited:
I've usually got a glass half full. In the first half we showed as bit of promise but couldn't seem to find an end product.

In the second half we were clueless, abject shite.

Glass broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670