Post Match Leicester 0 Chelsea 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
But cheer up, lads and lasses. We'll be fine. We're Leicester City. We were fine even in League One.

He was literally the only player who created anything of note. He looked like the only player who was ever going to lead to a goal, especially first half, but then was moved to right-back for some unknown reason, which is clearly not his position. Seems a weird player to single out today as abysmal with some of the other performances out there.

How could he create anything when he could barely pass to a teammate?

Personally I think a lot of what's wrong is coming from the mainstays of last year. Drinkwater and Morgan are the two that have been pretty poor all season. Fuchs not much better. Albrighton has atleast picked up his game in the last few outings. The lack of CB options is really starting to grate.

Also to add, it pains me to say it but I'm starting to wonder if it wouldn't be such a bad thing if we changed manager. Just as the players seem are in some sort of transition from champs to chumps, the same is true of Ranieri - doing everything backwards from last season. Bowing to fan pressure changing to a suicidal formation when we should be sticking to what worked for us last year and getting players to make that system work. The main thing though, is we just have to rebuild that defence. All three veterans have been totally poor. Need to invest in a few CBs with a bit more of a future ahead of them. I do worry that we've either not got the targets or just not able to push the deals through.. hopefully the latter of the two as the former would be terribly naïve and we already are paying for that mistake made in the first transfer window. It would be nice to learn from it...

Ranieri has said "if you take out their goals, then our performance was good".

I don't understand why any manager should pick a formation and stick to it. You pick a formation, as you pick players, to suit the next game. Was not absolutely every City fan criticizing Ranieri earlier in the season for being wedded to one system and only one system?

And talk of Huth and Morgan not being able to play in a back three is redundant. They haven't played well all sesson in a back four.

I don't understand why any manager should pick a formation and stick to it. You pick a formation, as you pick players, to suit the next game. Was not absolutely every City fan criticizing Ranieri earlier in the season for being wedded to one system and only one system?

I agree. But only if the players have practiced and are comfortable with the formation, and know what they're doing.

None of them had a clue what was going on today.

And talk of Huth and Morgan not being able to play in a back three is redundant. They haven't played well all sesson in a back four.
For me, the issue is not that Ranieri tried something different tactically, it is that when it patently wasn't working there was no change. It should have been obvious to anyone that we were a shambles defensively throughout the first half and therefore changes should have been implemented at half-time.

I agree. But only if the players have practiced and are comfortable with the formation, and know what they're doing.

None of them had a clue what was going on today.

Some of them didn't seem to know or care which team to pass to. No formation can change that. Until personnel changes then we can play any ridiculous formation he likes and have the same outcome. Granted Musa and Chilwell trying to play in the same position was a farce but much of it was just individual stupidity today.

Ranieri said we closed the space well, does he really think we are that deluded?

They barely had a player within 5 yards of them for the goals.

Also, why the ****ity can't our team of highly paid professional footballers pass a football, even a simple 5 yard pass rarely finds its man.

We are currently a bit shit at football

Dilly ding dilly dong come on. Just remember we are Champions of England.

We lost to a better team today.

Get back to 442 for Southampton and start Gray with Vardy and Okazaki up top.

Chilwell to start. We need to bring in another centre half but only as back up for Huth and Morgan

Keep the faith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dilly ding dilly dong come on. Just remember we are Champions of England.

We lost to a better team today.

Get back to 442 for Southampton and start Gray with Vardy and Okazaki up top.

Chilwell to start. We need to bring in another centre half but only as back up for Huth and Morgan

Keep the faith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No we need to bring in one, ideally two, as replacements for Huth and Morgan.

And Vardy is NOT the answer. He hasn't been all season. I know he's at the AFFCON, but when he's back. Slimani is the answer in a front theee

Embarrassing performance, the 2nd half was a disgrace. Ranieri had a mare from start to finish. Why he moved away from the 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 to introduce a system that quite clearly the players were uncomfortable with and had not been practised. We looked a shambles, then when he did finally make changes 2 out the 3 were bizarre to say the least and we looked even more confused and unbalanced.

For me too many of the heroes from last season have lost their hunger and desire, the team needs to be built around players like Ndidi, Chilwell and Gray they are the future, they have something to prove, the majority of last seasons stalwarts are going through the motions.

As for Claudio for everything he got so right last season, he is getting it so wrong this season, he needs to take stock, make ruthless decisions and build a team that will compete for the remainder of this season and provide the springboard for the next phase of Leicester City's future and development.

But cheer up, lads and lasses. We'll be fine. We're Leicester City. We were fine even in League One.

Talking of which, loved that chant to the Chelsea mob - "Champions of League 1, you'll never sing that..." :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669