Post Match Leicester 0 Crystal Palace 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened with PeeStain on the touchline as I was over the other side to that?

Just looked like their player took him out accidentally after a tackle but looked like there might have been some afters too.

Strange one. MacArthur accidentally slid into him and took out Pearsons legs. Pearson appeared to get on top of him and grab him by the throat. When MacArthur tried to get back into the game Pearson wouldn't let go of his short and held him back until the fourth official stepped in.

Pearson certainly skilled at dealing with difficult situations like quelling the OAP uprising in the centre block - now this one. Hope the FA are understanding.

we were absolute dogshit today from back to front. there's nothing more to say about it. Poor defending, poor midfield play, lack of cutting edge, missed chances, poor decision making, no plan b.
We'll be relegated without a much as a whimper....

Can't be in our position atthis point in the season and claim we are anywhere good enough for this league.

Majority of players are of a good Championship standard.

A more inspiring and shrewder manager would have made a better fist of it.

Owners left it far too late to take the plunge and get rid of Pearson.

The irony is that he is well equipped to have a fresh go next season.

I honestly don't know if we are well equipped to have a fresh go next season.

Vardy and Nugent will never have the sort of season again like they had last season. There's no guarantee that Drinkwater will regain the form that saw him as the best midfielder in the Championship. Morgan, Wasilewski, and Upson will be another season older. This season has done absolutely nothing for Liam Moore's development. Will Kramarić be here; possibly but not probably (in my opinion). And if he is will he score goals in the Championship? Possibly. We will almost certainly lose Mahrez (our best player) and I'd be surprised if there wasn't interest in Schlupp.

And then there is Pearson. I don't know if he is/would be the right man to build/re-build a promotion winning team.

Strange one. MacArthur accidentally slid into him and took out Pearsons legs. Pearson appeared to get on top of him and grab him by the throat. When MacArthur tried to get back into the game Pearson wouldn't let go of his short and held him back until the fourth official stepped in.

He did appear to be smiling. I think he was having a laugh until McArthur had a hissy fit

I agree that mistakes lead to goals. Except when the opposition makes a mistake against us cos we never seem to capitalize.
And this is the reason why we are bottom of the table. Need to be more clinical.

Incidentally it's the same reason why Nugent will unfortunately never be good enough for the prem. Needs too many chances.

He was awful. Every time we challenged, they went down and got a free kick. Every time Ulloa went for the ball, they climbed and we got nothing. At one point, they had a corner and it was outside of the quarter. Mason made a big deal of moving it back into the quarter. Gayle moved it back to the original position and the ref just waved him on. He had no idea. I don't think I've seen a good, consistent performance all season from a ref.
Got to agree with Matt here. All through the game we seemed to be berating the ref for bad decisions. Pretty sure the goal came from that corner out of the quarter. Sick and tired of these bad decisions. Anyone see if Kramaric deserved a penalty when he went down? Too far for me to see.

Today, it would be easy to lay into a number of the players, the tactics, the management, etc. But that's all too late and too obvious.

I am most embarrassed by our own fans. Berating the ref constantly when he gave 99% of decisions exactly right. The fact that our players foul constantly and cannot contain a player without doing so is not the ref's fault. Palace knew what was acceptable and what wasn't. We're amateurs. We're so naive and stupid at times and that isn't anyone else's fault.

Fans singing 'one Nigel Pearson' again. When we were doing well last season, it could barely be heard ever. Now it's every match, no matter how inept we are. These people are second class fans. People with no respect for themselves. You're an embarrassment to the history of a club that expects better than this.

Irrespective of the announced attendance, there are approximately 4,000 empty seats today. Clearly, more and more are deciding not to use their paid for tickets. Those that do attend are, for the most part, passionless and gutless. The fact that the players, management and owners have had virtually no criticism at all despite us being bottom for months and losing routinely is depressing.

And generally, the lack of understanding of the game from so many. Screaming abuse when a blatant dive from Kramaric isn't given, being bewildered as Ulloa's constant fouling is rightly called, getting excited when we get a set piece. All are second rate. I know we've been out of the top flight for a decade, but where the hell have our top flight supporters gone? We've got loads of 'fans' that don't appear to have the first idea what the game is about.

I don't think that we will stay up, but is it worth it????? YES!!!! It has taken 10 years to get here, we're not short of a bob, or two, to improve the squad and getting back won't be easy.
This.

Fans singing 'one Nigel Pearson' again. When we were doing well last season, it could barely be heard ever. Now it's every match, no matter how inept we are. These people are second class fans. People with no respect for themselves. You're an embarrassment to the history of a club that expects better than this.

I'm sorry but who the hell are you to decide whether or not our fans can give support to our manager? I'd say you are more of an embarrassment to criticise.

He has got us into the Premier League after 10 years of lower leage dross. Regardless of any mistakes he may be making (in his first full season in the premier league may I add), he has worked wonders for our club and will be regarded as one of our greatest managers in recent times.

Today, it would be easy to lay into a number of the players, the tactics, the management, etc. But that's all too late and too obvious.

I am most embarrassed by our own fans. Berating the ref constantly when he gave 99% of decisions exactly right. The fact that our players foul constantly and cannot contain a player without doing so is not the ref's fault. Palace knew what was acceptable and what wasn't. We're amateurs. We're so naive and stupid at times and that isn't anyone else's fault.

Irrespective of the announced attendance, there are approximately 4,000 empty seats today. Clearly, more and more are deciding not to use their paid for tickets. Those that do attend are, for the most part, passionless and gutless. The fact that the players, management and owners have had virtually no criticism at all despite us being bottom for months and losing routinely is depressing.

And generally, the lack of understanding of the game from so many. Screaming abuse when a blatant dive from Kramaric isn't given, being bewildered as Ulloa's constant fouling is rightly called, getting excited when we get a set piece. All are second rate. I know we've been out of the top flight for a decade, but where the hell have our top flight supporters gone? We've got loads of 'fans' that don't appear to have the first idea what the game is about.

Go home BN, you're drunk.

Theres something in BN's post here. I'm one of the few around where I sit to moan out loud and call out players when I don't think they are doing as well as they should be. I think it was the Spurs game on boxing day when about 20 minutes into it some guy in front of me told me to stop having a go at the players (bearing in mind the first 20 mins against Spurs was hopeless) and if I cant support the team then I shouldn't be in the ground and shouldn't bother turning up, only to be backed up by his mate telling me I was a one season glory supporter etc. and knew nothing about football if I was expecting any better from a team thats just been promoted. Time and time again I hear idiots on the radio and the ground accepting it is OK to be relegated as we've always been a yo yo team and that we will bounce back - that is no argument and is totally accepting of meritocracy with no ambition to move on and develop as a team and club.

I'm sorry but who the hell are you to decide whether or not our fans can give support to our manager? I'd say you are more of an embarrassment to criticise.

He has got us into the Premier League after 10 years of lower leage dross. Regardless of any mistakes he may be making (in his first full season in the premier league may I add), he has worked wonders for our club and will be regarded as one of our greatest managers in recent times.

this this this this

Nigel Pearson may very well be regarded as one of our greatest managers in recent times. But considering who we've had in charge post O'Neill that has to be the ultimate tallest midget contest.

Brown Nose is bang on. Today I lost my temper a bit for the first time with some of those around me who were blaming the referee for doing his job. Our players aren't clever enough to tackle at the right time and so they foul. They aren't cute enough to know when to go down so we don't get the free kicks given to other sides. I got annoyed at some twat saying we were unlucky as well, because we had more chances than Palace. Missing chances isn't bad luck, it's bad finishing and is as much a component of a poor performance as misplaced passes and goalkeeping fumbles. We aren't good enough and we're deservedly more or less relegated.

Another thing I can't be doing with either is the deification of Pearson by some. I'm actually in favour of keeping the bloke because I think he should have a crack at learning from his mistakes this term, but the regard he is held in is beyond what he has actually achieved at the club. Last season was brilliant and all, but ultimately he has achieved no more than Brian Little or Micky Adams did so far. Some seem genuinely to believe that he is one of the best managers the club has ever had. I suggest those with that view take the time to read a little of the history of the club.

Last edited:
The most turgid experience with RL today. Totally killed off any hope I had for the rest of the season.

I think the Pearson management model fails at this level - you can't divorce personalities and mercenaries from the playing squad and he can't deal with them. Don't sack him now but after the season has finished. It's time for a change and wishing him the best for the future.

Brown Nose is bang on. Today I lost my temper a bit for the first time with some of those around me who were blaming the referee for doing his job. Our players aren't clever enough to tackle at the right time and so they foul. They aren't cute enough to know when to go down so we don't get the free kicks given to other sides. I got annoyed at some twat saying we were unlucky as well, because we had more chances than Palace. Missing chances isn't bad luck, it's bad finishing and is as much a component of a poor performance as misplaced passes and goalkeeping fumbles. We aren't good enough and we're deservedly more or less relegated.

I completely agree with this and Brown Nose.

When did it become not ok to criticize the players and management of the club that you support. Pearson and the (majority) of players have done a shit job this season and people are perfectly entitled to verbalize that.

I hope our players aren't as defeatist as you miserable lot

I think the main thing is that berating a team by chanting against players you are supposed to 'support' doesn't really do them any good when it's all said and done. If anything, it's going to make things worse...

We're finding it difficult like most newly promoted sides do. For me, we have one or two that can cut it in the Premiership but a lot of them are just good Championship players. The team needs to be more positive in attack and show more effort in making off the ball runs for players and when trying to get the ball back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669