Post Match Leicester 0 Leeds 1

I think what it is is that Justin’s passing was extremely safe and the couple of times he tried knocking it forward he completely cocked it up.

He had so many opportunities to switch the play, one two with Mavididi or little a little one round the corner to Winks and every single time it was back to Vestergaard or Mads.

I don’t think it’s instructions because Doyle was doing it and Faes and Ricardo do it on the other side. It all felt a little bit later day Ben Chilwell. Capable of more but not prepared to try it.

He was by no means the worst offender though. Casadei, Vardy, Nacho and for the first hour KDH let us down badly. And I’m not a fan of arrogantly starting the game in the manor we did a side that will never just sit there and watch it happen.

It has been coming and it doesn’t change an awful lot but we needed to do better tonight.

And I watched the second half with the sound off so I can only imagine what the state of Don Goodman’s knickers are after their keeper made a decent save at the end.
Think I said at the time we would miss Doyle. That’s less about Justin as a player and more about the balance Doyle provided being naturally left-footed.

And it's a bit pointless developing a player for Chelsea if he can't do it for us now
Don’t disagree.

I’ll put it this way, I wouldn’t be looking to sign him permanently.

We will need an excellent attacking midfielder next year irrelevant of the league we play in. It’s the big gap at the moment.

I know what you mean but quite a few players manage to get far without having something. Danny Ward was a first choice prem keeper and plays for his country...
Cassidy needs dropping for a few games as it can't be doing his confidence much good. If he's still shit after a break then we should let him go.
For sure he needs dropping. But with Praet, Ndidi and Alves out, it seems that ze system requires him.

My point is the finite judgement of “he’s a crap footballer” is historically naive. Right now though he’s playing dog and needs to work on several areas to step up to the required level.

I think this result will probably be good for us in the long run.

Lets be honest, we haven't actually deserved to win any of the last 3 games. & one of those was against an incredibly poor team. Might end up focussing a few minds on the job.

Boro is going to be hard. They lost important players including their top scorer in the summer & had a nightmare start but are now playing well & winning again. Carrick is a proper manager & they'll have a plan for us. Could be the best game of the season if both teams turn up.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463