Post Match Leicester 1 Barnsley 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is mate that I warm to Pearson when he puts down Stringer. I go to a few matches; watch a few more on stream (only legally obviously) and live near enough to pick up RL occasionally. Now RL to me is a bad experience. At the start of the season I heard Stringer talking about us and I thought I was back in Spain hearing about Barcelona! When we talk about delusions of grandeur. I'm sure Pearson is role playing to an extent with this bluff style - but I'd rather here that the delusory stuff of Sven rehashed by RL.

I guess that we'll just have to agree to disagree. :icon_bigg

I guess that we'll just have to agree to disagree. :icon_bigg

Yep.

As I've said before you are about right with your anlysis of the problems. But we disagree on possible solutions. Unfortunately something is likely to happen before too long that will change the whole context. The set up at LCFC isn't going to stumble on like this for too long imo.

Lucky if they played 50 games between them, none of them cost £3 million upwards either. All free gambles.

Thoroughly ****ed off with this set of players. Pearson's not helping himself either, his body language is a bit defeated at the mo.

Doesn't really matter how much they cost though, they were ineffectual signings that he made that I'm trying to highlight.

Having seen the goals on FLS, you have to question Andy King's role in both.
He tracked back with his man to the box , then let him run on. Both Barnsley goals resulted.
Also on the first, where was Lee Peltier, for the second, Lee needed to be a lot closer to his man to stop him from crossing the ball. BASICS!

As well on FLS, they said Ched Evans, 13 goals in 12 games, who didn't want him here?

During the RL commentary, Alan Young was critical of Dave Nugent for being tired and unable to run for a through ball. That was because he'd been chasing down the opposition defenders like you want him to Alan!

As for delusions of grandeur, I agree with NP. At the beginning of the season I was the most optimistic I'd been for a new football season for many a year. (probably wasn't alone in thinkoinig this).
Alas, after 3 games I was thinking play offs not automatic.
Maybe it's time for a lot of so called City fans to take a step back, realise where we are, allow NP et all to do their stuff, and move forward with optimism for next season.

As for bringing in NW, NO! Stability in the management is what we need. How long did it take to turn Hull around?

Having seen the goals on FLS, you have to question Andy King's role in both.
He tracked back with his man to the box , then let him run on. Both Barnsley goals resulted.
Also on the first, where was Lee Peltier, for the second, Lee needed to be a lot closer to his man to stop him from crossing the ball. BASICS!

As well on FLS, they said Ched Evans, 13 goals in 12 games, who didn't want him here?

During the RL commentary, Alan Young was critical of Dave Nugent for being tired and unable to run for a through ball. That was because he'd been chasing down the opposition defenders like you want him to Alan!

As for delusions of grandeur, I agree with NP. At the beginning of the season I was the most optimistic I'd been for a new football season for many a year. (probably wasn't alone in thinkoinig this).
Alas, after 3 games I was thinking play offs not automatic.
Maybe it's time for a lot of so called City fans to take a step back, realise where we are, allow NP et all to do their stuff, and move forward with optimism for next season.

As for bringing in NW, NO! Stability in the management is what we need. How long did it take to turn Hull around?

I accept that to a point but I think if we all step back we can all see that the team has also taken a hefty step back in terms of performance and quality since his appointment. That is the most concerning thing. He's made a bunch of underperforming players worse and I don't think he can dispute that. I think I'd still rather have Davies than Warnock but I wouldn't be that pissed off if Warnock was our next manager. But you're right we shouldn't be rocking the boat again that could seriously put us into a relegation battle.

I accept that to a point but I think if we all step back we can all see that the team has also taken a hefty step back in terms of performance and quality since his appointment. That is the most concerning thing. He's made a bunch of underperforming players worse and I don't think he can dispute that. I think I'd still rather have Davies than Warnock but I wouldn't be that pissed off if Warnock was our next manager. But you're right we shouldn't be rocking the boat again that could seriously put us into a relegation battle.

I don't think we've gone backwards at all. Yesterday was no worse than Reading at the beginning of the season, or Milwall at home.

I don't think we've gone backwards at all. Yesterday was no worse than Reading at the beginning of the season, or Milwall at home.

You're picking out single games as a comparison to a run of continued poor performances in the last few games. Yes Reading and Millwall were bad but Reading was followed by better performances. Millwall was a freak result and we still played better than we did yesterday but were ineffective in creating opportunities but the general play was much better than what was on display yesterday.

Before we were inconsistent in our home performances. Now we are just consistently poor

Last edited:
I guess I'm more optimistic than most, but I think yesterday might just be Pearson's 'Sheffield Utd' moment....

Not with this bunch of players it wont.

Pearson has to have the time to sort this shit out anyone who continues to slate Pearson and claim Sven was the best thing since sliced bread should maybe just have a think back.....

It was Sven that signed the following:

Matt Mills - reasonable player at this level but to spunk 5m and over 20k per week over a long term contract for an average championship defender

Sean St Ledger - been on a downward spiral at this level for 2 seasons or so but again offered a ridculous contract unbecoming of a player who again at best is average

John Pantsil - premiership money for a player who has hardly kicked a ball in anger this season

Michael Johnson - another waste of a loan fee and wages, hardly featured

Gelson Fernandes - talented player but not suited to the hustle and bustle of the championship and even under Sven wasn't an automatic first choice

Neil Danns - another signed on a lucrative contract and has done very little to justify such an outlay, has been on the periphy for most of the season often played out of position by Sven, only since Pearson has joined has he had an opportunity to feature in his favoured position.

jermaine Beckford - panic buy on deadline day another signed for an inflated fee and unsustainable wages, has never fitted in and looked lost from day one.

now onto the new contracts dished out under Sven:

Andy King - probably our most effective attacking player over the past 3 seasons or so however in the last six months has been a shadow of himself however it was Sven who extended his contract on improved terms

Paul Gallagher - another who has been given improved terms by the super swede

finally the shittest player to ever don a blue shirt ....according to some

Richie Wellens given an improved contract and selected as an ever present, injury or suspension permitting by Sven and labelled our best and most complete midfielder.

people need to face facts Pearson has inherited a squad lacking hunger or desire, happy to earn multiple million pound deals without ever justifying such an outlay, even the players who were already here have benefitted from Sven's generosity and now it is the job of Pearson to try and move out these under performing wasters and try to bring some reality back to the club and go back to the days of identifying talented youngsters who want to develop and further their careers through hard graft and success, rather than this bunch of misfits who are feasting off the naivety of star struck owners and a former manager who was intent on buying his way to success.

Pearson has to have the time to sort this shit out anyone who continues to slate Pearson and claim Sven was the best thing since sliced bread should maybe just have a think back.....

It was Sven that signed the following:

Matt Mills - reasonable player at this level but to spunk 5m and over 20k per week over a long term contract for an average championship defender

Sean St Ledger - been on a downward spiral at this level for 2 seasons or so but again offered a ridculous contract unbecoming of a player who again at best is average

John Pantsil - premiership money for a player who has hardly kicked a ball in anger this season

Michael Johnson - another waste of a loan fee and wages, hardly featured

Gelson Fernandes - talented player but not suited to the hustle and bustle of the championship and even under Sven wasn't an automatic first choice

Neil Danns - another signed on a lucrative contract and has done very little to justify such an outlay, has been on the periphy for most of the season often played out of position by Sven, only since Pearson has joined has he had an opportunity to feature in his favoured position.

jermaine Beckford - panic buy on deadline day another signed for an inflated fee and unsustainable wages, has never fitted in and looked lost from day one.

now onto the new contracts dished out under Sven:

Andy King - probably our most effective attacking player over the past 3 seasons or so however in the last six months has been a shadow of himself however it was Sven who extended his contract on improved terms

Paul Gallagher - another who has been given improved terms by the super swede

finally the shittest player to ever don a blue shirt ....according to some

Richie Wellens given an improved contract and selected as an ever present, injury or suspension permitting by Sven and labelled our best and most complete midfielder.

people need to face facts Pearson has inherited a squad lacking hunger or desire, happy to earn multiple million pound deals without ever justifying such an outlay, even the players who were already here have benefitted from Sven's generosity and now it is the job of Pearson to try and move out these under performing wasters and try to bring some reality back to the club and go back to the days of identifying talented youngsters who want to develop and further their careers through hard graft and success, rather than this bunch of misfits who are feasting off the naivety of star struck owners and a former manager who was intent on buying his way to success.

Spot on. Pearson has said numerous times he has to build a team, not collect players (as Ericssin was doing).

Ericsson got it badly, badly wrong here and given time I'm sure Pearson will show how it should be done.

I guess I'm more optimistic than most, but I think yesterday might just be Pearson's 'Sheffield Utd' moment....

I expected that game a few weeks back, there has been no improvement since.

Don't think Pearson helps himself sometimes, some crazy decisions made with regard to the starting line up yesterday. 4-5-1 at home to Barnsley.

We've got some real tough fixtures coming up now, Middlesboro, Cardiff and Southampton all in a row.. going to be great fun. Just hope we don't get relegated so we can have a fresh start with no chop and change next season! Although knowing us Pearson will be given his marching orders and we have to hop on the merry go round again...

I expected that game a few weeks back, there has been no improvement since.

Don't think Pearson helps himself sometimes, some crazy decisions made with regard to the starting line up yesterday. 4-5-1 at home to Barnsley.

We've got some real tough fixtures coming up now, Middlesboro, Cardiff and Southampton all in a row.. going to be great fun. Just hope we don't get relegated so we can have a fresh start with no chop and change next season! Although knowing us Pearson will be given his marching orders and we have to hop on the merry go round again...

It. Wasn't. 4-5-1 ffs.

What was Pearson's first game back? Portsmouth?

He's had 9 league games and not brought any of his own players in yet.

When Sven left, there was a lot of criticism for how unbalanced the squad was and that we'd just collected a load of very similar midfielders with no real creativity.

I think it's too early for so much criticism of NP personally. Give the man time. We've been poor recently but five points off the playoffs means we're far from out of it, and the majority of these players aren't as poor as people make out.

With 3/4 good players signed this month (and the majority of Pearson's signings were good for us), I expect a much better second half to the season personally.

I cry out for it every 6 ****ing months and it never happens, Time, time, time, please!!

I have about lost it with this club, the fans make it nearly impossible for me to keep any type of enthusiasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669