Post Match Leicester 1 Chelsea 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

So basically Nigel defends his team by saying that his players/team have come in for (unfair) criticism this season because they kept losing matches, and this prat asks 'What criticism?'

This from a Midlands journo who attends every press conference and follows every game, so knows the performances and knows the results, so still asks a question as if he has just landed after 6 months on Mars with no TV!

I am not surprised Nigel tried to rip him a new ****hole!

If the journo had said 'After so many good performances without points, you must be pleased that your team are finally picking up points that reflect the level of performance?'.

Miles Away

How does it make the club look daft?
And even if it does, so what?

Journo asks a ridiculous question, Pearson points out journo' stupidity - I don't get the problem. I couldn't give a flying **** about the sensibilities of journalists.

I suppose I think it's unpleasant to speak to anybody in that way. Certainly not how I would treat someone. At least I can't think of many scenarios that would get that kind of response.

Just think he's a bit of a bully is all.

FryattFox

He's clearly a bully to journalists. But it's one way of dealing with them, and numerous managers previously have adopted similar approaches.

Having met him, I completely agree with those comments that he's a different person in front of the media - he puts on an odd defensive front as we've seen over the years with Stringer et al.

Can't say I'm too fussed, and after years in the Championship, I do love the fact that we're now a club of interest.

cafe

Hull Troll
Cloughie used to do it all the time.All Nige has to do is win the league and Champions League and he will be just like Cloughie.

Miles Away

He's clearly a bully to journalists. But it's one way of dealing with them, and numerous managers previously have adopted similar approaches.

Having met him, I completely agree with those comments that he's a different person in front of the media - he puts on an odd defensive front as we've seen over the years with Stringer et al.

Can't say I'm too fussed, and after years in the Championship, I do love the fact that we're now a club of interest.

Full disclosure I work in sports journalism so probably have a slightly different view than most.

Again, just think it's bullying, plain and simple.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

Do not remember anyone ever asking Ferguson to apologise when he 'went off on one'.

Feriol

Nigel says he can bury his head in the sand and Ian can't. I think a contest is in order.

Mawsley

I suppose I think it's unpleasant to speak to anybody in that way. Certainly not how I would treat someone. At least I can't think of many scenarios that would get that kind of response.

Bully? You must define the word differently to me, Miley. Brusque is the nearest b-word I can think of to describe his interviewee style.

The man doesn't like press conferences, I see no problem in that at all because that's not what his job is, it's just something he's made to do. He can run around in the nip, towel-whipping journos and calling them outside for all I care as long as we stay up.

He's not the first, he won't be the last to lose his patience with the press pack. That said, I'll be amazed if this sits well with the Thai concept of behaviour come the end of the season regardless of how we finish up.

Brown Nose

Of course NPs behaviour has been unprofessional on several occasions this season. The real question is why is he doing it?

There can only be two explanations for such consistent nonsense. One that he's mentally unravelling due to the pressure. The other is that he's doing it on purpose to try to create a 'them and us' ethos among the squad.

Before last night, I thought it was the former but now I'm convinced it's the latter. He's deliberately berating press, fans, players, whoever. It's from the Clough/Ferguson book of management. Except nowhere near as good.

Lako42

Graz

Few journos on Twitter saying that they/colleagues at the press conference felt Pat Murphy was out of line.

Was interesting to hear the debate, but Murphy just kept pushing and clearly wanted a strong response out of Pearson. Fair play to Nige for keeping his cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669