Post Match Leicester 1 Crystal Palace 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, a foul in the penalty area is a challenge that causes the player to go to ground. If a player has to fall over to convince the referee that they have been fouled, then surely they are diving?

So if he was punched in the face, but stayed on his feet, you think it wouldn't be a foul?
Obviously yes. I am talking about penalties that are given for late tackles. Thanks Jeff you pedantic old man.

Just remembered.... a moment of absolute quality... Kante playing a stunning ball with the outside of his foot into Mahrez, who then released Vardy (who was in an off-side position).

I love N'Golo. He is a fabulous player.

For me, a foul in the penalty area is a challenge that causes the player to go to ground. If a player has to fall over to convince the referee that they have been fouled, then surely they are diving?
In other sports such as ice hockey, it's not binary; if a player goes down, a penalty could be given to both players (one for the dive and one for the foul). Bit more difficult in football though as it's hard to give a penalty and a free kick simultaneously.

Why should the player have to go down for a foul to be given?

A foul is a foul. The reaction of the player being fouled is irrelevant.
You are perhaps correct. I am just annoyed by the ridiculous reaction of players looking for fouls. For me, Zaha's was never a penalty as he could have quite easily continued his run into the area. Instead he decided to dive like a complete twat.

You are perhaps correct. I am just annoyed by the ridiculous reaction of players looking for fouls. For me, Zaha's was never a penalty as he could have quite easily continued his run into the area. Instead he decided to dive like a complete twat.

I don't think it was a penalty. He'd already started diving before the contact, so the dive came first, and that's why he was penalised. If he'd stayed on his feet the ref might have given a penalty.

I don't think it was a penalty. He'd already started diving before the contact, so the dive came first, and that's why he was penalised. If he'd stayed on his feet the ref might have given a penalty.
That is my point. If he had stayed on his feet but had been obstructed by Fuch's leg, then fair enough. Instead, he decided to throw himself to the floor like a complete twatfacedshithead.

It was one of those penalty decisions that you approve of if they're for your team and disapprove of if they're not. We've had a few of them in our favour over recent seasons.

Any defender that sticks out their leg like that is being rather foolish and I was surprised to see someone of Fuch's experience doing it.

For me, it is simple. If the player runs into the leg and goes over, it's a penalty. If they jump over the leg and go over, it isn't. From what I've seen, there was contact so it should have been given.

The quality of 'dive' that typically accompanies the contact is irrelevant. Our best two players both enjoy a 'dive' when circumstances permit (Norwich away being a recent example) so we can hardly call opponents that do the same.

Make your mind up, Mickey.

One minute he's diving like a twat and the next it's like a twatfacedshithead? It's these chopping and changing of opinions that confuse some visitors to the forum.

Personally, I thought he dived like Tom Daly on drugs while pushing a pram full of bricks.

If there is this kind of disagreement about what constitutes a foul, I can't wait for a dubious handball to be given

It should have been a penalty, but Zaha made it look like it shouldn't. If I were his manager or team mate, I would be angry with him, not the ref.

I hated the Levein era... I remember a New Year's Day at Palarse which was especially terrible.

No one on here (fans anyway) wants us to fail - sausages.

Make your mind up, Mickey.

One minute he's diving like a twat and the next it's like a twatfacedshithead? It's these chopping and changing of opinions that confuse some visitors to the forum.

Personally, I thought he dived like Tom Daly on drugs while pushing a pram full of bricks.
I need to stop drinking whilst posting. BTW, it wasn't a penalty.

I hated the Levein era... I remember a New Year's Day at Palarse which was especially terrible.

No one on here (fans anyway) wants us to fail - sausages.
Especially those that turn out ever other Saturday to watch us rain or shine. Well said Alex. Cuddle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566