Post Match Leicester 1 Crystal Palace 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was one of those penalty decisions that you approve of if they're for your team and disapprove of if they're not. We've had a few of them in our favour over recent seasons.

Any defender that sticks out their leg like that is being rather foolish and I was surprised to see someone of Fuch's experience doing it.

For me, it is simple. If the player runs into the leg and goes over, it's a penalty. If they jump over the leg and go over, it isn't. From what I've seen, there was contact so it should have been given.

The quality of 'dive' that typically accompanies the contact is irrelevant. Our best two players both enjoy a 'dive' when circumstances permit (Norwich away being a recent example) so we can hardly call opponents that do the same.

On this you are mistaken. Running over a leg is not a valid claim for a penalty, or even a foul. A leg planted in time can be deemed obstruction at worst. Even Fuchs' dangled leg would have not been responsible for the subsequent leap or leg separation.

It was a dive, and as you said we are not immune from it.

On a similar note, if a player sets himself for a cross, then the keeper can't wipe them out.

Is anyone else baffled by the MOTD pundits who claimed the Zaha incident was a definite penalty?
I firmly believe that would have been waved away anywhere else on the pitch. In fact anywhere else on the pitch and Zaha wouldn't have gone down - that in itself shows how farcical the pundits comments were.

They made the extraordinary claim that if the defenders leg was out Zaha was right to fall over it.

Am I right that players are not supposed to try and get an opponent sent off? I would like to see that become an automatic booking offence.

Of course Leicester fans have no right to the moral high ground; I remember DJ Campbell being booked for the most unconvincing dive I have ever seen.

No one on here (fans anyway) wants us to fail - sausages.

That I think we all know. As for the Levein era - 'twas bad but I never went to sleep deliberately at a game then. So there was a worse period that followed.

They made the extraordinary claim that if the defenders leg was out Zaha was right to fall over it.

Am I right that players are not supposed to try and get an opponent sent off? I would like to see that become an automatic booking offence.

Of course Leicester fans have no right to the moral high ground; I remember DJ Campbell being booked for the most unconvincing dive I have ever seen.
I remember that one. I can remember being in a group of us and all of us groaned in complete unison.
DJ Campbell... offside all the time. ALL the time.

I want to know if Matt carried out his threat of not buying a season ticket after Nige was euthanized?

I want to know if Matt carried out his threat of not buying a season ticket after Nige was euthanized?

If he did then he's not boycoutting properly. You're meant to turn up and pay your sponds then have a good moan about it.

They wouldn't take it back. I asked them. I'm glad I didn't. I still think sacking him was a mistake but I'm obviously happy with where Claudio has taken us. Long live the Nige

He pushed the ball neatly between two players and was prevented from getting through to take a shot by Fuchs lumping his whole leg right through him

The fact that he then swallow dived like a steaming great tart convinced the ref that he was just a diving twat. Serves him right. The diving twat

#iagreewithhomer

I didn't get a season ticket this year - #worstdecisionever!

EDIT - Come on though MA, 4,000+ miles isn't much of an excuse not to go to every game.

I used to turn up to every home match rain or shine in the Levein era. Sadly I can't now due to moving away from the area.

I think I got it the wrong way round.

Is there any other manager more unlikeable than Alan Pardew. Sherwood maybe for other reasons. How come all the English guys?

The threatening comments, the scowl, the passive aggressive behaviour.

All because he knows he had been out thought.

What an unpleasant man.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Is there any other manager more unlikeable than Alan Pardew. Sherwood maybe for other reasons. How come all the English guys?

I think Mourhino probably qualifies to be in any such group; I don't think he is English. Pulis is Welsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566