Post Match Leicester 1 Manchester United 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Mahrez helped out defensively quite a bit to be honest. As he has for a fair few games.

It wasn't a great game, but for the 10 mins after we scored I thought we were going to bury them. Short fast passing in small areas in their third was great.

Terrible idea for Okazaki to be marking Schweinsteiger for that corner. I haven't been that impressed by Okazaki this season at all.

I thought Drinkwater and Kante both had an off day compared to most games this season.

Schweinsteiger was very good for them. They set out to nullify us and it worked.

Wow

Didn't realise just how godawful we were for their goal.

Schweinsteiger heads it from the exact spot that Schmeichel started from when the corner was taken. But he shuffled all the way back to his line instead of just staying there and catching it. What a complete twonk

I thought Mahrez helped out defensively quite a bit to be honest. As he has for a fair few games.
Agree. Unfair criticism IMO. Although Albrighton really is exceptional at it so Robin's point about Fuchs maybe still stands.

Except for the goal of course, Mahrez' elastico dribble was the highlight for me. At that moment I felt like we literally could do nothing wrong.

My point was that Mahrez sometimes doesn't track back enough and United's plan seemed to be to try to exploit this and they attacked that side more than Leicester's left, it didn't work.

It must have been embarrassing for Kasper if watched MOTD. Two corners. First one Kasper come out 5 yds, catches the ball, throws it out to Fuchs and the rest is history. The second corner, the ball is delivered to the exact same spot. Kasper has no-one in front of him but this time stays on his line. 2 points lost.

Fuchs MOTM for me. Vardy, Albrighton, Mahrez and Morgan all great too.

When you come back disappointed that you didn't beat ManUtd you must be doing something right!

Wow

Didn't realise just how godawful we were for their goal.

Schweinsteiger heads it from the exact spot that Schmeichel started from when the corner was taken. But he shuffled all the way back to his line instead of just staying there and catching it. What a complete twonk

Annoying isn't it?

3 observations today.
1. We are good enough to at least get a top 6 finish this season
2. Still not impressed with Okazaki
3. I think I dislike Van Gaal more than any other manager - and he looks like a Nazi SS Officer

3 observations today.
1. We are good enough to at least get a top 6 finish this season
2. Still not impressed with Okazaki
3. I think I dislike Van Gaal more than any other manager - and he looks like a Nazi SS Officer
Pardew, Pulis and Hughes are still above him for me.

It's a measure of how far we have come this season that I was disappointed with only getting a point from the game.

I got there early and saw no additional security at all.

The large skip bins/containers had been removed from around the outside of the ground. The stewards at SK4 were checking bags and had detector 'wands'. However, when the disabled entrance was opened a number of fans in wheelchairs and assorted helpers/hangers on were admitted with no further checks.

How much dynamite could you hide in a wheelchair?

Disappointed with a draw against Man U really does tell you how far we've came and where the expectation are at the moment.

Fuchs is a very good player. Perfect ball to Vary for the goal and looked quality throughout.

For me, Drinkwater had the poorest game I've seen him have this season. I get the impression that DD doesn't deal with high pressure games well. I might be wrong, but I think the occasion got the better of him. England manager watching, 1 V 2nd etc...Or it could be he was just up against two very good midfielders.

Manchester United came here with a tactic of stopping our game. Just goes to show we're worrying a few people. I was bored at times, watching them pass it around the back again. I'd love to know how many passes of Schweinsteiger actually went forward.

Mehrez is top class. Seriously good. Its becoming a cast of how long can we keep hold of him for. The biggest clubs in the world are going to be wanting him. IMO is defensive work has improved greatly since last season.

Final word goes to Vardy. Well done lad. Your getting all the praise you deserve. Fantastic finishing. Just keeps surprising me. He seems to ahve one bad season (to adjust) and then doesn't look back. He did it when he first joined, and he did the same in the premiership.

Onwards ad upwards.

Okazaki was actually assaulted for their goal, Im surprised nobody has picked it out on MOTD, he was thrown down and had no chance.

Okazaki was actually assaulted for their goal, Im surprised nobody has picked it out on MOTD, he was thrown down and had no chance.

Absolutely right. It was clearly foul play and the goal should have been disallowed.
Just because there was a big height difference does not entitle Pigclimber to push Shinji into the ground.

Disappointed with a draw against Man U really does tell you how far we've came and where the expectation are at the moment.

Fuchs is a very good player. Perfect ball to Vary for the goal and looked quality throughout.

For me, Drinkwater had the poorest game I've seen him have this season. I get the impression that DD doesn't deal with high pressure games well. I might be wrong, but I think the occasion got the better of him. England manager watching, 1 V 2nd etc...Or it could be he was just up against two very good midfielders.

Manchester United came here with a tactic of stopping our game. Just goes to show we're worrying a few people. I was bored at times, watching them pass it around the back again. I'd love to know how many passes of Schweinsteiger actually went forward.

Mehrez is top class. Seriously good. Its becoming a cast of how long can we keep hold of him for. The biggest clubs in the world are going to be wanting him. IMO is defensive work has improved greatly since last season.

Final word goes to Vardy. Well done lad. Your getting all the praise you deserve. Fantastic finishing. Just keeps surprising me. He seems to ahve one bad season (to adjust) and then doesn't look back. He did it when he first joined, and he did the same in the premiership.

Onwards ad upwards.

My thoughts entirely. I would add that Kante also had his poorest game for us. He never seemed to be his usual combative self .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566