Post Match Leicester 1 Manchester United 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are underestimating how difficult it would be for Kante and Drinky playing against three midfielders and the overlapping full backs. It was mules work and they both did admirably given the circumstances.

They struggled when Shinji went off as Ulloa, never the most mobile, was being asked to play as a third midfielder.

I would like to see Kingy get a chance to play in that advanced role currently reserved for Shinji and Ulloa. I reckon he would be just the ticket.

I think people are underestimating how difficult it would be for Kante and Drinky playing against three midfielders and the overlapping full backs. It was mules work and they both did admirably given the circumstances.

Agreed entirely, playing 2v3 for 90 minutes is horrendously difficult, let alone against the calibre of midfielder United have.

If they had gone charging around (particularly Kante) as they usually do, we would have been picked off so easily.

Okazaki was actually assaulted for their goal, Im surprised nobody has picked it out on MOTD, he was thrown down and had no chance.

Really? It looked like 6 of one, half a dozen of the other to me.

Brilliant to be there to watch JV get his record goal ,,, fantastic celebrations ,,,,, & agree Man U were very boring & Rooney was uninspiring , slow & ineffective , no wonder he got subb'd......

No comments seen here today but ... . .. Does anybody agree that Schlupp was shocking ?

He seemed disinterested and sulky because he'd been put on the bench !

Brilliant times though ,,,

Kante and Drinkwater have been criticized but they were up against a Man U midfield and defence that were impressive. What was remarkable was how dreadful the Man U attacks were.

Vardy played well. When he got the chance you knew he would score. There will come a match where he fails to score and it is worth noticing that he contributes more to the team than Worthington and Lineker ever did.

Apart from Vardy's goal my favourite moment came in the first half. Albrighton got the ball on the left side of the pitch and "obviously" lost it twice but somehow emerged with it. It was a Weller trick and I wondered again "how did he do that?" I wondered why he was substituted since I felt he was the best player on the pitch.

I noticed that Leonardo was genuinely delighted when Vardy scored; he cannot be happy to be on the bench but there was no professional jealousy. However, he missed a very easy chance and I thought of Cloughje's rebuke to Kevin Hector "You should be bloody shot missing that." Neither Leonardo or Shinji have been good enough this season.

Pundits had pointed out that apart from when we lost to Arsenal we had not played the very best teams. Well we played the team that was 2nd in the Premier League and were as good as them, Indeed I felt if any team was more likely to get a second goal it was the one with a top class striker.

Looking at the match it was difficult to see why the Manchester United players get so many more fivers inside their weekly paypacket.

Brilliant to be there to watch JV get his record goal ,,, fantastic celebrations ,,,,, & agree Man U were very boring & Rooney was uninspiring , slow & ineffective , no wonder he got subb'd......

No comments seen here today but ... . .. Does anybody agree that Schlupp was shocking ?

Agree with you about Schlupp. I hope that he has not has his head turned by talk of big money transfers and that yesterday was just a bad day at the office. He has much to offer but against Utd he appeared casual and detached.

Looking online it seems Shclupps laziness and attitude were noticed by more people on this occasion.

The lad will not last at this level, pace wont fool people forever.

Agree with you about Schlupp. I hope that he has not has his head turned by talk of big money transfers and that yesterday was just a bad day at the office. He has much to offer but against Utd he appeared casual and detached.

It was pretty obvious that he'd been given specific instructions to hold the left midfield position. The couple of occasions where supporters got on his back were when he clearly felt that chasing the ball could have exposed the space behind him.

Much like many of Van Gaal's instructions to his players make them look worse than they really are, so it is with some of our players sometimes. Okazaki is another that does selfless work for the team.

We play in such a way as to give Vardy and Mahrez the freedom to play to their strengths. This means that the supporting cast have to do their dirty work.

It was pretty obvious that he'd been given specific instructions to hold the left midfield position. The couple of occasions where supporters got on his back were when he clearly felt that chasing the ball could have exposed the space behind him.

Much like many of Van Gaal's instructions to his players make them look worse than they really are, so it is with some of our players sometimes. Okazaki is another that does selfless work for the team.

We play in such a way as to give Vardy and Mahrez the freedom to play to their strengths. This means that the supporting cast have to do their dirty work.

Not disagreeing BN, but it was more the fact that Albrighton had been doing exactly that superbly all game - he constantly pressed, worked his arse off, must've made tackles into the double figures and even when something didn't come off for him or he got tackled he'd chase the ManUtd player down and tried to win it back. Albrighton didn't have any problem chasing the ball forward while still performing his defensive responsibilities really well.

Then Schlupp came on and just stood there not pressing and doing the exact opposite to what Albrighton had been doing all game.

Like David said I was really surprised Albrighton came off because he was doing everything that the team needed from him superbly well and when Schlupp came on we completely lost that.

Thought we kept our shape well in open play.

Difficult to criticise when we are doing so brilliantly but we are obviously lacking height defending set pieces and we've bought three strikers for decent sums in the last 18 months and sadly none of them are good enough which puts all the pressure on Vardy (and Mahrez).

Fair result and Man U may have fielded worse sides but I doubt if they have ever been so devoid of any flair.

To be pedantic what you are suggesting is that Schlupp was uninterested. The referee was disinterested but presumably not uninterested.

I have never seen Schlupp look enthusiastic and have concluded that this is just his manner. It is difficult to believe Nigel or Claudio or the other players would tolerate a poor attitude. Nigel and Shakey used to shout a lot to him when he first got in the side but it was always instructions or encouragement to "Jeffrey" never Jeff.

It was Knockaert who drove them mad. I remember Nigel shouting "Good position Anthony" and Knockaert gave him a baffled look as if to say "If I am in the right position it is pure chance." If Claudio had been faced with Knockaert's casualness at defending set pieces - "Mama Mia."

I thought we played very intelligently, kept our shape and discipline well, and attacked whenever the chances arrived.

Two very good sides that respected each other and cancelled each other out for the most part, which tells you a lot about how far we've come.

You would expect Leicester to try to stop Man U playing, but to see them clearly set up to limit our chances was satisfying.

I think the criticism of some of our players is harsh, it was clearly the game plan to contain more and press less than we usually do, particularly second half, and the team did it well.

Vardy is awesome, and rightly is the focus of our play and style so it is going to be hard for anyone to shine playing next to him.

Okazaki works even harder than Vardy, and though his work isn't glamorous, Vardy benefits more playing with him than Ulloa IMO. Many other strikers would get fed up being asked to do what he is, but he seems to genuinely enjoy his role, even though he doesn't get many chances himself and that's good for the team.

Fuchs was man of the match for me.

Our team is short and a bit light so defending set pieces is an obvious weakness that I think we have to accept for the time being. Huth and Morgan are the only players with any presence in the air at the moment.

Great stuff BN! They tifos have been fantastic whenever they've done them and it's great that it's all a fan-done project as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566