Post Match Leicester 1 Queens Park Rangers 2

Where does this shit of having a 'squad head and shoulders above everyone else's' come from? It's just complete twoddlebollocks. Losing Ndidi and Ricardo has ****ed us. Losing Vestergaard on top of that made us look less than bang average against a terrible QPR team. Our squad just isn't that great at all in terms odlf depth of quality and some of us have been saying that since day one. Our best eleven is better than any other best eleven in this league, that is for sure, but our squad is not as deep as some might think and, arguably, not as strong as Leeds' or Ipswich's who seem to be able to cope better with losses to some of their key players.

Where does this shit of having a 'squad head and shoulders above everyone else's' come from? It's just complete twoddlebollocks. Losing Ndidi and Ricardo has ****ed us. Losing Vestergaard on top of that made us look less than bang average against a terrible QPR team. Our squad just isn't that great at all in terms odlf depth of quality and some of us have been saying that since day one. Our best eleven is better than any other best eleven in this league, that is for sure, but our squad is not as deep as some might think and, arguably, not as strong as Leeds' or Ipswich's who seem to be able to cope better with losses to some of their key players.
Whenever people say things like that, I always think that I couldn’t name many players in other teams’ squads anyway, so how could I really know if ours is better? Obviously in the Premier League more players are known, but if you asked me to name players from even the bottom half of that league I wouldn’t know how good their squad is, so I’ve got no chance comparing ours to other Championship teams.

No idea how it compares with others but I'd imagine financially we should have the best. Ignoring money and looking at ability we have a select few who could at least be in a lower half prem team (Ricky P, Wilf and Winks). Then we've got the likes of Vestergaard/Faes (most of the time) who look too good for the championship but are too shit for the prem....a Nuge type. A few hit and miss players (the wingers) and then squad players who are just shit (yunus, that chap from man city, our 10 second choice keepers etc).

No idea how it compares with others but I'd imagine financially we should have the best. Ignoring money and looking at ability we have a select few who could at least be in a lower half prem team (Ricky P, Wilf and Winks). Then we've got the likes of Vestergaard/Faes (most of the time) who look too good for the championship but are too shit for the prem....a Nuge type. A few hit and miss players (the wingers) and then squad players who are just shit (yunus, that chap from man city, our 10 second choice keepers etc).
Oh we certainly have the most expensive team.

Oh we certainly have the most expensive team.

Yeah, team plus players who are nowhere near the team. That left back we signed last year will probably still be costing us, Souttar, Ward, Mendy just because admin will assume he was here for life. All on ridiculous wages.

Whenever people say things like that, I always think that I couldn’t name many players in other teams’ squads anyway, so how could I really know if ours is better? Obviously in the Premier League more players are known, but if you asked me to name players from even the bottom half of that league I wouldn’t know how good their squad is, so I’ve got no chance comparing ours to other Championship teams.

I find the league table after 35 games is usually a decent indicator

Anyone who has actually attended games this season who can't see that we have better players than the majority of this dog shit league is beyond help

But not Leeds, Ipswich or Southampton - which is the main problem

Finishing in the top four is a breeze. Winning it or coming second certainly ain't
Not now we've decided to **** it up it's not

We were ****ing miles in front and nobody was questioning who had the best team.

Our issue is mentality and refusal to adapt how we play when it's not working

I disagree

Completely

And it's why we couldn't beat Ipswich and why we have lost twice to Leeds

Are you suggesting that we took two points out of twelve in those matches because we had inferior players?

That's a new take.

My word, the lengths some will go to avoid any criticism of ze system.

Are you suggesting that we took two points out of twelve in those matches because we had inferior players?

That's a new take.

My word, the lengths some will go to avoid any criticism of ze system.

Not what I've said at all - stop making things up. It's pathetic

We are not a significantly superior team than our three competitors. That is it.

Rest of the league is dogfilth

Not what I've said at all - stop making things up. It's pathetic

We are not a significantly superior team than our three competitors. That is it.

Rest of the league is dogfilth

Would you swap our squad for any of those?

Would you swap our squad for any of those?

No because I'm personally invested in them and we certainly aren't any worse than they are - as evidenced by being top of the league

But we also aren't significantly better, which is the point I'm making - this really isn't a difficult concept to understand, but you appear to be struggling with it.

No because I'm personally invested in them and we certainly aren't any worse than they are - as evidenced by being top of the league

But we also aren't significantly better, which is the point I'm making - this really isn't a difficult concept to understand, but you appear to be struggling with it.

My confusion is because I don't think it's even close. Many independent observers believe we have the best squad in Championship history, let alone the best of those four this season. I can't think of a stronger one.

A ten second search will show you loads of articles saying as much.

IMG_20240305_141416.jpgIMG_20240305_141439.jpg

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463