Post Match Leicester 1 Tottenham 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised Kramaric or Ulloa didn't come on (much earlier in Ulloa's case) but in Claudio I trust.

Fantastic start to the season.

We weren't bad at all today. This was my first game of the season and my first observation is that we look a proper top flight team. Even on our winning run last year we still gave the impression of a side unsure of it's place in the top league. We look far more assured now and I'll be very surprised if we are inthe relegation mix come Easter.

I like Ranieri's tactical approach too. Yes, he's willing to cede possession but it's all about high risk use of the ball to win great rewards. We don't have much of the ball but when we do it's moving forward quickly and we are on the look out for space and runners at every opportunity. It's lovely to watch.

Don't want to be over critical because it's been a great start by Us And Mahrez, however he could of had us in front once or twice if he looked for a pass now and again.

I estimate Riyad Mahrez is now worth £10,653,428,822.27. But I don't think we should sell him.

I think the weather was s major factor in the way we played today

I think the weather was s major factor in the way we played today
Definitely. Jeff was asking about the temperature I believe. Felt hotter than 28c and they were having hydration breaks at the quarter mark from the recommendation of the fourth official. Sweltering in the stands so **** knows how the players felt.

Definitely. Jeff was asking about the temperature I believe. Felt hotter than 28c and they were having hydration breaks at the quarter mark from the recommendation of the fourth official. Sweltering in the stands so **** knows how the players felt.
Should have played here, I have my winter knickers on.

Hot hot hot, and boy did it affect our game

We sat back and gave them all the room in the world - thank feck that they were too piss poor to take advantage. Pretty poor game all round, with both teams simply not good enough to deserve the win.

Dreadful, awful defending for their goal. Absolute screaming wonderful magic for the equaliser.

King struggled a bit today, as did Shinji, and Albrighton's crosses were surprisingly poor. Mahrez, however, was different gravy. Crowd were superb

Top of the League. In your face, Peastain

Don't want to be over critical because it's been a great start by Us And Mahrez, however he could of had us in front once or twice if he looked for a pass now and again.

He's an absolute matchwinner. Currently the form player in the premier league. Any criticism of him is either pedantic or bias.

We sat back and gave them all the room in the world - thank feck that they were too piss poor to take advantage. Pretty poor game all round, with both teams simply not good enough to deserve the win.

Dreadful, awful defending for their goal. Absolute screaming wonderful magic for the equaliser.

King struggled a bit today, as did Shinji, and Albrighton's crosses were surprisingly poor. Mahrez, however, was different gravy. Crowd were superb

I thought King was excellent in the first half. Definitely struggled in second. Shinji did struggle, thought Schlupp was off the pace too.

Huth was imperious again. Legend in the making.

As for Mahrez. He's unplayable.

I completely agree. I was really uncomfortable with us sitting back. We are so good when we attack. I just hope this was the result of the weather and not Claudio's tinkering. Mahrez is an absolute class player and when he does leave, I predict we will be looking at £20 million plus.

We did seem to stand off Spurs more than we would normally and that can only be due to the conditions. Awful temperature to play in for our style of play.

Both teams struggled to get their games going and neither side deserved victory so it was a relief to see Mahrez score his excellent equaliser.

I thought today that against the better teams we are unbalanced with Mahrez having the freedom to roam. De Laet was picking up two players far too often, though thankfully Spurs weren't good enough to exploit this.

That being said, in the corresponding fixtures last season, we had one point from these three matches so we're six points ahead of that.

I do feel that this line up is serving us well and we should persist with it until such time as it gets found out, which it undoubtedly will soon enough. We do have a much stronger line up within our squad now though so we will adapt fine. Again, comparing this to last season, we started well but got found out after a few matches and it took us six months to work out another effective way.

Good result. Only thing I would say is that we needed fresh legs on sooner. They made a substitution and the lad looked dangerous with his energy around our tiring players.

Inler clearly has class and will be great when he has got to know our play.

Crying out for a change from 60 minutes, disappointing not to see at least 2 subs introduced at that stage, especially with our midfield 2 missing in action. That said a very positive start to the season overall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570