Post Match Leicester 1 Tottenham 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought King was excellent in the first half. Definitely struggled in second. Shinji did struggle, thought Schlupp was off the pace too.

Huth was imperious again. Legend in the making.

As for Mahrez. He's unplayable.
Huth got spun by Kane for their goal. I actually thought he was below is very high standard today. Morgan excellent

Temperature played a huge part today.

10 minutes of the 2nd half today was the best atmosphere I think I have ever heard live at a football match, truly outrageous.

Schlupp sleeping for their goal, but he will make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. I was delighted to see the back of Dembele, who I thought was causing us a few problems, but fairly sure it was Alli who replaced him and of course scored.

Cracking response and when the Mahrez goal went in and the minutes following, the atmosphere was absolutely unreal. There would have been absolute carnage in the stands had Morgan found his header going a yard either side of Lloris.

Mahrez as people have said is just on another level, if he keeps this up he will be gone by the end of January I'm afraid.

No complaints with the start to the season, would have liked to have seen some earlier substitutes, maybe Ulloa/Kramaric but definitely in midfield as Drinky was a bit of a passenger from 65-70 minutes onwards. Their formation, packing the midfield and only one up top was always going to be tough on him and Kingy though.

A very interesting game next.

Very hot, (I was using the clapper as a fan for much of the game) and that seemed to have an effect on the game. We also seemed to play a more defensive style which I hope doesn't continue.
I missed our goal as all around me were standing up cheering on the stewards, trying to throw out a Spurs fan who was threatening to take on the whole section of the west stand, when they objected to his rather over the top celebration.
It's a great reflection of our current team that their immediate reaction to the Spurs goal was to attack straight back.
I didn't think the ref had a good game.

About the right result. Tottingham were the first side in this run of 12 or so games to have negated our tactics by really pushing onto us and almost doing a Leicester by defending from the very top. Dembele kept Schlupp occupied, never allowing him a chance to get forward. Dier sat in the space where we'd expect Shinji/Vardy to look to cause them problems. Kane (vile creature) was a poor mans Vardy in harassing and running at everything. We didn't really get close enough in the middle of the park all day - but I guess MP probably knew that would be the case. Overall, a tactical draw.

I think it shows how far we've come in a short space of time that a so-called top team have paid us the kind of respect they would if they were playing another one of the big boys.

can imagine Kante, Inler, Ulloa will be in next time out in the prem to keeo us fresh and hold the ball better than the 35%. we'll need more than that as an average as not everyone will play slowball like Tottenham.
If Lamela is £30m what the hell is Mahrez worth...? Vardy, Mahrez and Albrighton are great adverts for what a transfer policy weve operated over recent yrs. and although its not the name of the game, they will all turn a massive profit if they ever move on.
hopefully kante and (potentially) Amartey can improve to the same extent.
Inler, Benalouane and Fuchs are a different kettle of fish in that they have to be succesful from the off. big money and 29-31.

We also seemed to play a more defensive style which I hope doesn't continue.

It's difficult to know how much of that was down to the heat and how much was down to CRs respect for the opponent.

Last season, we took just five points out of thirty six against the top six teams. Our performances in those games were largely that of a plucky, inferior team hanging in there. In the last half hour at home to Man Utd, we were excellent at taking advantage of their collapse but we didn't control a lot in any of those games.

Although we conceded possession to Spurs easily, we were never 'hanging in there'. We let them have the ball where it couldn't hurt us and we were at least an equal threat when it mattered. I felt that we were in control throughout yesterday.

Even down the substitutions, it was clear that CR didn't really want to change our shape until he had to. That suggests that he was happy with how we were playing. And he was right because we only conceded when we did change shape.

If we can get more like twelve points from games against the top six sides this year, it will be another major sign of progress.

About the right result. Tottingham were the first side in this run of 12 or so games to have negated our tactics by really pushing onto us and almost doing a Leicester by defending from the very top.

I know what you mean but they weren't doing a 'full Leicester' on us as that would mean letting the opposition have the majority of the possession.

Would be interesting to see the possession stats for all of our Premiership games for this and last season.. I reckon the vast majority, even of our winning games, would have been in the oppositions favour.

I know what you mean but they weren't doing a 'full Leicester' on us as that would mean letting the opposition have the majority of the possession.

Would be interesting to see the possession stats for all of our Premiership games for this and last season.. I reckon the vast majority, even of our winning games, would have been in the oppositions favour.

I think you are probably right in regard to our lack of possession.

I think that is why we weren't so dynamic in closing down yesterday - you simply can't do that in a 30+ degree heat environment.

It is also fair to say that they were a major step up in terms of quality compared to Sunderland and West Ham.

Claudio stands on the side in a smart suit looking every inch a Roman, every inch Great Caesar. Craig Shakespeare plays a lesser role than under Nigel. It is 1700 years since a Roman ruled Leicester; welcome back.

Great Caesar has a dilemma. If he plays two wingers then we concede a lot of possession in the middle of field. I was uneasy at the amount of possession Spurs had. Mahrez was simply the best player on the pitch and has to play. While Albrighton does not deserve to be dropped someone surely must make way for Inler. .

I was amused by a shirt that said "Cambiass-who" on the back.

Disappointed that we conceded late on, but delighted that, even with tired legs and draining temperatures we got back into it - shows we've still got the fighting spirit. Big Wes might even have nicked it for us at the end.
Well done - Onwards and upwards! (oh sorry - I forgot - we're already at the top!)

Claudio stands on the side in a smart suit looking every inch a Roman, every inch Great Caesar. Craig Shakespeare plays a lesser role than under Nigel. It is 1700 years since a Roman ruled Leicester; welcome back.

In Leicester we get on all right with Caesars - but we bury English kings in car parks!
!

I have to say this because it bugging me

Jeff Shclupp is a lazy half arsed bastard

I have to say this because it bugging me

Jeff Shclupp is a lazy half arsed bastard

He got caught out pretty easily when Chadli had his chance in the second half. I've said it before, we look shaky defensively at full back when we play four at the back.

He got caught out pretty easily when Chadli had his chance in the second half. I've said it before, we look shaky defensively at full back when we play four at the back.

He didn't have the best of games yesterday. His effectiveness is limited when playing as a true left back. Still, he'd be in the side for me one way or the other.

He didn't have the best of games yesterday. His effectiveness is limited when playing as a true left back. Still, he'd be in the side for me one way or the other.

I agree, and he's only going to learn fully by playing.

Don't want to be over critical because it's been a great start by Us And Mahrez, however he could of had us in front once or twice if he looked for a pass now and again.

I agree with this somewhat. There was an element of it against Sunderland when he was seeking his hat trick. You will get this though with high scoring players, you need a degree of selfishness to hit the back of the net that many times. Hopefully it won't cost us on many occasions but a few more passes from him in the box would be welcome too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566