Post Match Leicester 2 Coventry 1

Also, Vestergaard is a bit of a problem. I totally understand why Enzo is choosing him…he is really tidy on the ball when we have it, and helps facilitate a lot of attacking play.

He simply can’t defend though, too slow and too impulsive.

We will get away with it against lesser teams, but he can’t be the answer when we expect a fight like the one we had today.

Also, Vestergaard is a bit of a problem. I totally understand why Enzo is choosing him…he is really tidy on the ball when we have it, and helps facilitate a lot of attacking play.

We will get away with it against lesser teams, but he can’t be the answer when we expect a fight like the one we had today.
Pretty well summed up his performance today. Pretty good in posession. But when he needs to defend... we missed Coady big time and he's not even made his debut for us yet.

Entertaining game, we looked solid first half but no real creative outlet. I was calling for having two out and out strikers up front.

2nd we looked shaky, their goal seemed to bring on nerves.

What a turnaround though. Well done KDH.

Let's take the positives when we can - this could have been very bad today but turned out OK.

I see both sides had 20 shots - We had 65% possesion.

He's a 5-a-side player.

We looked good in patches and shocking patches… but it’s a win when we probably didn’t deserve it.

Clearly there are positions we need to bring people in, hopefully that happens.

Bring on next week.

They're doing a new thing with stoppage time so it gets stopped every time the ball goes out of play, so added time should be more accurate and discourage time wasting.

This will happen a lot more this season.

The stranger thing with that system was probably that only 1 min was added first half.
That's what I couldn't understand. 1 minute in the first half then 9 in the second.

If that's how it is then having a visible stadium clock so everyone can see the time added is essential.

I thought he had a good game and did OK.

We have to remain patient, there are clearly gaps that only recruitment and loans can plug and it’s completely different to last season.

That is a very important stepping stone.

Enzo will still want to change at least a couple of players who started today, so we must give him the opportunity over the coming couple of months to get all of the pieces in his jigsaw in place.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663