Post Match Leicester 2 Everton 2

I’m laying that squarely at the feet of James Maddison. He’s the classic “hero of his own story” type.

Wonderful player, terrific talent and we need him these last 4 games.

But to put yourself in the middle of that when your captain is holding the ball and you have a resurgent Jamie Vardy on the pitch. I’m sorry but I can’t believe he did it and hope there’s a better explanation. He then spent the entire second half trying to redeem himself and overplaying. “Hero ball” they call it here.

The real hero was Iversen. What a brilliant shotstopper. I’ll never forgive Rodgers for that decision alone.

Stuff like this means we deserve to go down:

Screenshot_20230501-220629.png

Wow, just wow. Trying to be philosophical here. I mean, it was ugly, but what else happened to you lately that caused you that amount drama? I was literally watching on my knees, with my heart going 120bpm, and my fist in my mouth. That point is still a good point.
We are still here!

Smith dithered and allowed us to lose the ascendancy it was screaming out for Mendy and Praet at 75 mins.

Thomas just has not got a clue how to defend, how the he hell you can not know what is over your shoulder as a LB is mystifying, that second goal is because he did not look before the cross came in.

Soyuncu was immense tonight. A point is better than nothing and we are out of the bottom 3 and those around us have far harder teams to face.

will this go to down to the last game?

It’s fairly common now for a different player to the pen taker to hold the ball and take the heat, before the actual pen taker steps up. So maybe Maddison was down to take it all along?

Just can’t get positive at all. We’ve just scraped two points against Leeds and Everton.
I sort of feel deflated as well, but under Rodgers we would have lost both so maybe look at the positive. I know I'm trying but we should be beating them and Bournemouth at the same time. I have a weird feeling we'll beat Liverpool though

The real hero was Iversen. What a brilliant shotstopper. I’ll never forgive Rodgers for that decision alone.
him..... and Cags and Vardy got the goals. Surely that would get through to even Rogers thick, arrogant skin and he must hold his hands up and say "you're right, I was a ****" (to himself)

Agree with commentator - Iversen played the game of his life - what a performance!

I thought (and voted) that we would not be relegated - not because we are 'too good' but becuase others (I thought) were worse. Sadly that is not the case - so many missed opportunity against leeds/Everton/ S hampton/ Bourenmouth -NF etc. I really want to be #stayingupwithHomer but - we need to defend much, much better to have any chance.

I’m laying that squarely at the feet of James Maddison. He’s the classic “hero of his own story” type.

Wonderful player, terrific talent and we need him these last 4 games.

But to put yourself in the middle of that when your captain is holding the ball and you have a resurgent Jamie Vardy on the pitch. I’m sorry but I can’t believe he did it and hope there’s a better explanation. He then spent the entire second half trying to redeem himself and overplaying. “Hero ball” they call it here.

**** Rodgers. ****ing ****.

Again, not a bad performance on the whole. Maddison has not been in good form for a while, can't fault his effort regarding defensive output but he just seems to be holding onto the ball too long all the time.

Soyuncu was superb again. Iversen brilliant. Vardy is back. Soumare again pretty good from him.

Two things about tonight stand out for me. Why Maddison over Vardy and even Tielemans for the penalty? Also why the feck does Thomas get in over Kristiansen all of a sudden.....

Twatter saying Madderz wanted to take the pen so he could score and do a baby celebration for his twins.

To be fair though, he had a very good game but I really don't get that decsion for him to take it at all.

We weren’t much good in the first half but we were even worse in the second. Vardy was unlucky with the effort against the bar and his header. Even without the Subday League quality penalty, Maddison was ****ing awful. One very good pass for the goal over 100 mins of football isn’t good enough. I’d laugh all the way to the bank if we get £69 million for himz

Iversen, fantastic performance. He needs to spend all summer working on how to kick the back straight, but for now I don’t care about that. For me he is the only positive in a truly turgid season.

We can only hope that Fulham are out for a bank holiday stroll next Monday. But even then they’ll probably win.

What was Castagne thinking for the penalty. He was okay overall but **** me, that was brain dead.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463