Post Match Leicester 2 Nottingham Forest 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anybody, on this entire forum that believes Waghorn or Futacs are better than Beckford?

It's farcical. Even if you've decided Beckford has no future, we need a quality striker, so go and get one.

Cutting our noses off...

Last edited:
Is there anybody, on this entire forum that believes Waghorn or Futacs are better than Beckford?

It's farcical. Even if you've decided Beckford has no future, we need a quality striker, so go and get one.

Cutting our noses off...

I've said sending Beckford out on loan was ridiculous from the off. I couldn;t understand why he quickly fell from grace here. Last time I saw him play, albeit briefly, when he came on for the last 10 minutes against Blackpool, he looked like he was trying his heart out. He had a few efforts way off target but there didn;t look to be any attitude problem. At Huddersfield he's more prolific than any of our current strikers. It's a shame and it's the one thing that really grates me about Pearson and something he needs to address about his management style.

Cutting our noses off...

It's clearly got **** all to do with football ability. I'm guessing Waggy and Futacs are 'good in the dressing room' and expert tea makers or someshite.

I'm really frustrated by that result. The penalty decision looked a dubious one but that isn't why we didn't win. I was willing Waghorn to score today, He played very well but if that's the standard of his finishing these days then he just isn't good enough. We need a striker urgently. Knockaert needs to stop over-complicating things. His real strength is in opening opposition defences up with his vision and passing. He spends too little time doing that and too much time running into brick walls. He isn't an unknown quality any longer and the tricky side of him has been worked out. His assist was outstanding, mind. Schlupp was pretty good generally but he spends too much time on the ball before making a decision about what to do with it. That might be something that comes with match time or it might just be that he isn't suited to the pace at which this side likes to attack. Whitbread is rubbish.

Last edited:
I'm really frustrated by that result. The penalty decision looked a dubious one but that isn't why we didn't win. I was willing Waghiorn to score today, He played very well but if that's the standard of his finishing these days then he just isn't good enough. We need a striker urgently. Knockaert needs to stop over-complicating things. His real strength is in opening opposition defences up with his vision and passing. He spends too little time doing that and too much time running into brick walls. He isn't an unknown quality any longer and the tricky side of him has been worked out. His assist was outstanding, mind. Schlupp was pretty good generally but he spends too much time on the ball before making a decision about what to do with it. That might be something that comes with match time or it might just be that he isn't suited to the pace at which this side likes to attack. Whitbread is rubbish.

Perfect. My thoughts 100%

I thought Waggy was excellent today.

For me if Waggy puts away a chance today and we win 3-1, he is MOTM. His general play was superb and he repeatedly pressured their defence into rash decisions and created space for Nuge. If he can add goals to his game I would take him over Beckford any day. I would be interested to see his goal scoring record from his first season with us. Maybe he can do it!

Still 5th. Let's push on now!

Get a feckin striker in. Pissed off with a number of things. Pearson's stubbornness, Whitbread being a twat, Ref being a twat, average twatty Forest, Waghorn's bastard right foot (even on a 5 a side pitch, I know sometimes to use my poor foot).

Last edited:
Vardy will run and harrass defenders more than Shagbone and put away a greater % of chances.

Can you stop with Shagbone? It is nothing like his name. Took me a while to work out who you even meant before. Just annoying.

I forgot about Vardy. Similar to Waggy in terms of work rate but perhaps a better finisher.

nearly 25,000 is a decent turn out.... thinking out loud!

I've said sending Beckford out on loan was ridiculous from the off. I couldn;t understand why he quickly fell from grace here. Last time I saw him play, albeit briefly, when he came on for the last 10 minutes against Blackpool, he looked like he was trying his heart out. He had a few efforts way off target but there didn;t look to be any attitude problem. At Huddersfield he's more prolific than any of our current strikers. It's a shame and it's the one thing that really grates me about Pearson and something he needs to address about his management style.

Nugent?

I thought Waggy was excellent today.

He had two stick on opportunities that any half decent striker would have buried

Another two or three that a very good striker would have buried

He puts them away, we win. He didn't because he is total and utter shite in front of goal, and so we drew

Yeah, really feckin' excellent

Zak seems to effect our defence in a bad way, Waggy just isnt good enough (god knows hes had enough first team opportunities), Get SSL and Vardy back and the optomistic factor will return

Fair play to Sean O'Driscoll in his interview after the game. Very honest assessment and came across very well.

So everybody to blame except yourself Nigel?Beckford/Jay Simpson to name but 2 who can"t get in his team but thrive with a more flexible man manager.If George Best had Nige as a manager....

So everybody to blame except yourself Nigel?Beckford/Jay Simpson to name but 2 who can"t get in his team but thrive with a more flexible man manager.If George Best had Nige as a manager....
Your side are terrible. We put out a rag tag team today and played you off the park. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669