Post Match Leicester 2 Nottingham Forest 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anybody, on this entire forum that believes Waghorn or Futacs are better than Beckford?It's farcical. Even if you've decided Beckford has no future, we need a quality striker, so go and get one.Cutting our noses off...
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Beckford is the only player of yours I'd play in front of one of our first team. Quite how you let him go is bizarre.

Nigel is not given enough credit for his eyesight. My view was not that different from Nigel's and I could not tell whether it was a penalty or not.

He also has a fine sense of irony I see from the Mercury headlines at the side of this thread "Nigel Pearson says City must control their emotions". He had to have come within a whisker of the 4th official reporting him to the referee. As a connoisseur of Mike Stowell's body language I can report that after the penalty he hovered on the brink of spontaneous combustion.

The interview with Pearson on the BBC webpage is worth listening to except for Stringer's comment on Lingard. A youngster comes on in the middle of the game for what is effectively his League debut and Stringer decides to have a go at him - give the lad a chance Ian.

How anyone on this website can consider Waghorn anything other than a poor mans Ade Akinbiyi is beyond me.

His work rate and industry should not make up for the fact that he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

Yakubu was and I quote a 'lazy fecker' but give me 10% of his ability over Waghorn any day of the week.

Truly woeful as a striker.

Disappointing today and it feels like a loss, we have a point though and we played well overall.
Waghorn - needs more games and a couple of goals
Schlupp - did very well i thought
Knockaert- i like him but he is starting to become frustrating and overdoing it. Please just play the simple ball sometimes Anthony
Futacs - please Nigel give him 10 or 15 mins just to shake things up a bit if we need something different. Whats the point of bringing him in and not utilising his experience at this level.
Beckford - he's gone, Pearson doesn't like him and he most probably doesn't want to be here. Get over it.
Pearson - Nigel, if you're not going to play Futacs then get Kenwynne Jones or similar on loan

I genuinely wanted Waghorn to score today, he really did everything but score, The one he had cleared off the line looked trickier on the replay than I had first thought/reacted to...

Nigel is not given enough credit for his eyesight. My view was not that different from Nigel's and I could not tell whether it was a penalty or not.

He also has a fine sense of irony I see from the Mercury headlines at the side of this thread "Nigel Pearson says City must control their emotions". He had to have come within a whisker of the 4th official reporting him to the referee. As a connoisseur of Mike Stowell's body language I can report that after the penalty he hovered on the brink of spontaneous combustion.

The interview with Pearson on the BBC webpage is worth listening to except for Stringer's comment on Lingard. A youngster comes on in the middle of the game for what is effectively his League debut and Stringer decides to have a go at him - give the lad a chance Ian.

:icon_lol: I enjoy your reports on this subject David.

I enjoyed the clash when Waghorn took Pearson out in the technical area. Pearson seemed to be smiling and having a bit of banter with the bench afterwards. Any feedback on this David?

I heard it.....there was nothing wrong with it. It was a laughable claim. What's wrong with a commentator laughing?

I have already made it clear that I think there was no merit in the claim. What is wrong with commentators laughing in such circumstances is that it demonstrates their lack of impartiality, something which this pair have shown in the past and did so again today.

Last edited:
Another two points pissed away with idiotic mistakes.

Defensively, we were poor against a team that offered virtually no threat. I've watched Whitbread a few times now and he's a liability. In every game, he makes one or two shocking errors. Yes, the penalty he conceded was harsh but he defended the situation very badly. Shortly afterwards, he also blatently man-handled a Florist player in the box for a clear penalty and the ref bottled it. On the plus side, Schlupp was excellent. He's definitely got the potential to be a better left back than a striker on that showing. Maybe he needs to reconsider his future.

In midfield, once again King was anonymous and poor. He had an excellent run early in the season but its all gone very wrong. Along with a drop in form from Drinkwater, the centre midfield simply isn't controlling the side in the way that it needs to. Dyer was good, Knockaert terrible. Knockaert is starting to seriously annoy me. He plays for himself too often. Yes, his pass to Nugent was excellent, but his constant self indulgence to the detriment of the team and sloppy passing make him a liability rather than an asset too often. Marshall was poor once again coming on. I don't know what's happened to him but his fall from grace is astounding. He has been terrible all season.

Both the strikers played well. Nugent is so key to us and we dropped off considerably as soon as he went off. His replacement, some child from the stands by the look of him, played like a rabbit in the headlights. Utterly embarrassing performance from someone patently miles away from being ready for this level. Waghorn played like he used to when he was on loan to us. It was the first time I've seen the old Waggy for a long time. However, he also has to be blamed for the result more than any other player as he missed two very clear chances. He is clearly lacking in confidence in front of goal and we can't afford to wait around for him to find this confidence.

Tactically, NP ballsed it up once again. We should have won that and he made some daft mistakes. The most obvious one being effectively putting us down to ten men in order to do a favour for Fergie. However, his decision to send Beckford out on loan was the right one. Don't forget how inept and shambolic he was in his substitute appearances earlier this season. Either he doesn't want to play for NP, or he does an excellent impression of it. Forget him and move on.

Overall, that's just one unconvincing win in six games now. Our form is definitely gone and we're throwing away points and opportunities all over the place. That will probably cost us when it counts later in the season.

I have already made it clear that I thonk there was no merit in the claim. What is wrong with commentators laughing in such circumstances is that it demonstrates their lack of impartiality, something which this pair have shown in the past and did so again today.

I totally agree Boc, I made the same point in the match thread when the incident occured, the pair spent a large portion of the first half waxing lyrically about forests strength in depth, over excitedly sqwauked the word "silky" 5 times during the replay of forests first goal and then went on to refer to forests "penalty" as them showing their "growing powers of resilience", grrr

For me if Waggy puts away a chance today and we win 3-1, he is MOTM. His general play was superb and he repeatedly pressured their defence into rash decisions and created space for Nuge. If he can add goals to his game I would take him over Beckford any day. I would be interested to see his goal scoring record from his first season with us. Maybe he can do it!

Like I said, his general build up play was very good but at the end of the day he is employed by the club to score goals and he doesn't do that. I'd take a blind one legged Beckford over him any day.

Still better. Beckford has just come back from injury and has missed a few games. He has scored 3 in 5 for Huddersfield. Nugent has scored 2 in 5. I'm not having a dig at Nugent, he's playing well. I'm jsut saying Beckford is currently our most prolific striker and he's somewhere else.

Last edited:
I have already made it clear that I think there was no merit in the claim. What is wrong with commentators laughing in such circumstances is that it demonstrates their lack of impartiality, something which this pair have shown in the past and did so again today.

Laughing at something does not mean you're not impartial. It was a laughable claim. I laughed when he put his hand up for it....does that mean I'm not a Leicester fan. Grow up! Worst things have been done by commentators. If that's your basis for having a go at Goodman then you're clutching at some mighty fine straws.

Another two points pissed away with idiotic mistakes.

Tactically, NP ballsed it up once again. We should have won that and he made some daft mistakes. The most obvious one being effectively putting us down to ten men in order to do a favour for Fergie. However, his decision to send Beckford out on loan was the right one. Don't forget how inept and shambolic he was in his substitute appearances earlier this season. Either he doesn't want to play for NP, or he does an excellent impression of it. Forget him and move on.

His sub appearance against Blackpool, he was running everywhere trying to do something in the little time he had to impress. It ended up blowing up in his face but he was clearly trying. People have a disgusting attitude to Beckford. Shameful! I've not seen him do anything wrong in terms of his attitude so how people can call it into question is beyond me.

His sub appearance against Blackpool, he was running everywhere trying to do something in the little time he had to impress. It ended up blowing up in his face but he was clearly trying. People have a disgusting attitude to Beckford. Shameful! I've not seen him do anything wrong in terms of his attitude so how people can call it into question is beyond me.

I would still like to know what was going on as the players left the field at half-time at Oakwell early last season. I agree that some people have/had a disgusting attitude towards the player. But I would also say that Beckford's attitude to the game fell short of what is required on many occasions. I can't help but feel that the two things were interlinked and that the decision to move him on was as a result of a failure to resolve the matter.

I've said it before and I'll say it again it's not the effort of Beckford I have a problem with, it's his greediness, he's obe of the biggest ball hoggers I can ever remember playing for us. On his day he can be fantastic, but his day didn't come often enough for us and he's had more games for us where he's been a liability than he has been a match winner.

If he comes back off his loan spell for us and is great then fantastic, but people making out he's the undoubted answer to our problems and pretending he's been anything but a generally poor player with the odd great game for us so far because he's scored 3 goals for Huddersfield is utterly cringeworthy.

Last edited:
Thank you for that. At this point I will leave the floor to you and your opinions.

You're summing up your opinion of his commentary skills on the fact that he laughed at a laughable appeal. It doesn't hold any water. He didn't say anything today that I felt was anti-Leicester and I've never felt that he has demonstrated a hatred or a dislike for our club, so I don't understand people's problem with him. Fans seem to think that if a commentator has a different opinion to them on an incident or the game that they must have a dislike for that club. It's ridiculous

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670