Post Match Leicester 2 Sheffield Wednesday 0

I thought it was odd when he instructed the SheffWed player to come onto the pitch in the preparation for a throw-in at the Kop end. I know of no law that says a player can't be anywhere in the playing area and the playing area does include the area around the actual pitch.

The ref absolutely bottled it in the first half.

Ihiekwe should have received a second yellow, no question, late painful one on Vardy, always a yellow.

Vaulks gave away 4 yellow card worthy fouls (soon to be blue), stopping numerous attacks cynically.

And then to top it all off, Winks gets booked for crossing the ball in 1 second after the whistle is blown for a tackle which might’ve not even been a foul.

Only his 9th ever game at this level and he looked very nervous.

The ref absolutely bottled it in the first half.

Ihiekwe should have received a second yellow, no question, late painful one on Vardy, always a yellow.

Vaulks gave away 4 yellow card worthy fouls (soon to be blue), stopping numerous attacks cynically.

And then to top it all off, Winks gets booked for crossing the ball in 1 second after the whistle is blown for a tackle which might’ve not even been a foul.

Only his 9th ever game at this level and he looked very nervous.
Plus the bizarre first half free kick against Mavididi, as ted mentioned above. He’d already played on and the linesman didn’t flag, so I still can’t work out what made him come back and give it, given how long it was after the contact.

There were four occasions when a restart was made momentarily before his whistle (that I was aware of; there may have been more). He made a fuss of bringing one back, hesitated before deciding not to bring one back and ignored the other two.
His positioning was odd; particularly in the second half he seemed to be running the diagonal from one assistant to the other - almost as if he was accustomed to always having them on the other sides. Often had his back to play.
With that kind of performance I think he has every right to feel nervous.

Plus the bizarre first half free kick against Mavididi, as ted mentioned above. He’d already played on and the linesman didn’t flag, so I still can’t work out what made him come back and give it, given how long it was after the contact.
True, but it was a definite foul by Mav. He grabbed hold of the guy's arm and pulled him back. I couldn't believe the ref hadn't spotted it himself.

I also don’t think the Vardy “dummy” fit the first goal was a dummy.

I think he was trying to backheel it into the net in the same way he did for England on one occasion.

True, but it was a definite foul by Mav. He grabbed hold of the guy's arm and pulled him back. I couldn't believe the ref hadn't spotted it himself.
I agree, but the ref had signalled to play on and then brought it back. He’s obviously entitled to do that, but it was a bit odd and looked weak, IMO.

I agree, but the ref had signalled to play on and then brought it back. He’s obviously entitled to do that, but it was a bit odd and looked weak, IMO.
Almost as bad as the one on Saturday when Leicester were breaking upfield and he pulled it back for a Watford player being offside.

I wondered whether he got something through his earpiece from the 4th official because he certainly didn't get a flag from either assistant. I can't think of any other reason for the delay; certainly he can't have been 'waiting for an advantage'.

I wondered whether he got something through his earpiece from the 4th official because he certainly didn't get a flag from either assistant. I can't think of any other reason for the delay; certainly he can't have been 'waiting for an advantage'.
He did a thumbs up motion towards the benches, but it certainly wasn’t the assistant referee who signalled to him and we couldn’t see the 4th official anywhere near the touchline, so that sounds like the most likely scenario. I was sat next to some Wednesday fans and they were saying how weak it looked and couldn’t understand how he’d arrived at that conclusion either. To all of us it looked like he was putting his thumbs up to their bench, for telling him what to do :icon lol:

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463