Post Match Leicester 2 Swansea 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said in the pre match thread -Ferocious Foxes Savage Sorry Swans - We will win 4-2
Okay so I got the score wrong - but it was a 2 goal margin! It appears that Lucky Undies and a previously mislaid city shirt (and a brilliant City team + good management decisions) won the day and no-one had to eat their hat with or without mustard.

RESULT!

Credit to Leonardo. I don't think he was fully fit which may be why he was supposed to be on the bench. Certainly he was getting treatment for his back when a Swansea player was down and he looked in pain when he was brought off.

There seemed to be a lot of two way talk between Nigel and Steve Walsh Sr. Usually it is one-way and Kevin Phillips (who has the communications link) goes over to tell Nigel what Walsh has seen. This time Nigel seemed to be asking questions of Walsh. At one point in the second half Nigel looked up and made a gesture of appreciation in the direction of Walsh. Certainly the management got the tactics spot on.

Wes Morgan is the official captain but it is Cambiasso who is the leader. Today I thought he was the best player on the pitch.

One last point. I mentioned in the West Ham thread that people near me had been puzzled and annoyed that one of our number had been given "a friendly warning" to tone his comments down. He tells me today that he has been contacted by the steward involved who has apologised. He had got the wrong person. Well done to the steward for admitting his mistake. .

Re: Leicester City 2 Swansea 0

Have to agree with this today. He was spot on. I'm far from believing that he's a decent manager at this level but at least he was on the touchline, influencing the performance, making changes, making a difference.

Loved it today. First time we've properly outplayed a team all season. Several excellent performances earned a victory against a decent side that didn't know what hit them. The fans played their part too.
Nicely said BN.

Gotta say I was really nervous for most of the game today because I so wanted the win. The atmosphere was absolutely tremendous at the stadium and I ended up with a sore throat we were singing so loudly. So, so proud of the boys today and as I said on Facebook, today was a good day to be a Leicester fan. My eldest had tears in her eyes as we got number 2 - felt like so much more than just a league game. Onwards and upwards!!

Re: Leicester City 2 Swansea 0

And just like the lads, thought I'd post three in a row lol!!!

Brilliant stuff. The fine margin of points at the minute leaves a lot of what ifs to fear, but we 're giving it a go and if I wanted any more than that I'd not be a Leicester fan.

Thought we were absolutely fantastic today, the tempo we played at for the first 20 minutes set the tone for the game.
Thoroughly deserved to take the lead and thoroughly deserved a two goal margin of victory although it took a long while to get there!
King, Cambiasso, Vardy brilliant. In fact I can't name a player that didn't put in a good performance. Excellent from them all.

Win at Burnley next week and keep the run going!

Thought we were absolutely fantastic today, the tempo we played at for the first 20 minutes set the tone for the game.
Thoroughly deserved to take the lead and thoroughly deserved a two goal margin of victory although it took a long while to get there!
King, Cambiasso, Vardy brilliant. In fact I can't name a player that didn't put in a good performance. Excellent from them all.

Win at Burnley next week and keep the run going!
The first 20 minutes were unreal. We were absolutely all over them. Then we sat back and they pushed on a bit.

However when that second goal went it... sex wee. Fantastic by King to follow in and I could literally feel the stadium rumbling under my feet.

#stayingupwithhomer

Completely off topic but if Chelsea beat arsenal next week am I right in thinking they can win the league against us?

Cambiasso absolutely ran the show today. Him and Schemiechel were the stand-outs for me. I can't believe we're actually off the bottom. This Burnley game has become ridiculously massive.

If, and it's still a big IF, we pull this off and Nigel doesn't get manager of the season award I will be staggered. Brilliant!

You would have been welcome to see the match on TV here, Blaarev:058:
Thanks, rightymightyfilbo! I guess that smiley you put in there would the soft version of what really would have happened if I was there when King scored the second.

If, and it's still a big IF, we pull this off and Nigel doesn't get manager of the season award I will be staggered. Brilliant!
Really? Maybe if there's a Manager of the Last Two Months of the Season award, but I don't think there is.

Cambiasso has dragged us within reach of safety, this man is going down in the history books as an LCFC legend in my mind.

The passion such a decorated player is showing for our club is an absolute joy to behold, the ovation he got in my corner of the KOP was fitting.

Unbelievable resolve and energy levels shown by these players. Another fantastic result and a performance that was high intensity from the first minute to the last!!!!

Now for the humble pie..... I did have serious doubts about Pearson from February onwards was of the view that a change was right, however thankfully Mr Pearson has rammed my words firmly back down my throat, and I am delighted to be proved wrong.

The players are clearly still right behind him and their performances and level of intensity and energy speak volumes as to the spirit, commitment and belief they have in their leader. Regardless what happens now, Pearson must stay and continue the job of moving this club forward. Tactically you can see he his now coming to terms with the Premiership and his game management has improved immeasurably in recent weeks. He is showing that he can adapt and is actually very flexible tactically and I think this season will only help him improve as a manager, which we are now seeing.

Well done to Pearson and the team for proving waiverers and doubters like me wrong.

Credit to Leonardo......

Who was the person that Leo ran over to celebrate with? Sky mentioned he was the player liaison officer or something like that. Any reasons as to why Leo considers him so highly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566