Post Match Leicester 2 Swansea 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as 32,000 fans do not start stomping simultaneously at the natural resonating frequency of the structure to produce the soprano/glass effect we should all be safe.

Probably in more danger from being hit from several sets of clappers around you!

The highlight of my day was seeing Dean Sturridge stride past us as we left the ground. He was already a good few paces beyond us when I realised that it was definitely him so I turned and shouted 'Hiya Deano!' He looked back and gave me a very cheery smile and thumbs up.

A semi serious question.

The stadium literally rocks sometimes, I am aware all steel structures move but the KPS seems to move excessively. Is this a design feature?

The movement absorbs energy which may feel odd but is quite safe. The apartment block I lived in, in Cali, was set on rollers to accommodate for earthquake tremors...now that was bizarre to be in when it moved. :D

4 chances created by Jamie Vardy in Leicester’s win over Swansea.

As the average position map highlights, Vardy (number 9) was more advanced in possession than any Leicester player, with eight touches in the box and a couple of efforts from close-range. Since being reinstalled to the Leicester XI in Gameweek 29, Vardy has fired 11 shots inside the box – only five forwards have managed more – whilst he also sits sixth for touches in the penalty area (34). In terms of creativity, his total of ten key passes in just one off the summit for forwards in the last five rounds of fixtures.

35 crosses by Marc Albrighton in the last three matches is second only to Jesus Navas’ 36. Since emerging off the bench at half-time in the Gameweek 31 win over West Ham, the winger has started each of the last two on the Leicester right and, like Vardy, his creativity is proving key for Nigel Pearson’s side – the 4.2-priced Albrighton has supplied six key passes over that period and with double Gameweek 34 now upon us, he looks poised to see off the challenge of Riyad Mahrez for a starting berth. Furthermore, Albrighton has registered 73 touches in the final third over the last couple of matches – surprisingly, that’s more than any midfielder and a clear sign that Pearson is looking for him to make a difference further up the field.

Excuse the fantasy football references (taken from one of their websites), but basically Albrighton has been putting in **** loads of crosses, and is the furthest midfielder forward (for touches) in the PL.

I've just finished watching the whole game which I had recorded as it was the sky game of the day on Saturday. What a performance, but as well as the first XI how good were Mahrez and DD when they came on? Outstanding.

Excuse the fantasy football references (taken from one of their websites), but basically Albrighton has been putting in **** loads of crosses, and is the furthest midfielder forward (for touches) in the PL.

Those stats for Vards aren't surprising, last few games everything he's done seems to have been putting pressure on the defences. Shame neither he or Kram got what would have been a well deserved goal on Saturday.

I've just finished watching the whole game which I had recorded as it was the sky game of the day on Saturday. What a performance, but as well as the first XI how good were Mahrez and DD when they came on? Outstanding.

I was surrounded by people who didn't like Drinkwater. The boo he got when he fell over was way OTT

Booing a player who did so much for us last season? Wow

Yeah, but you're only as good as your last game - it's why Kermorgant gets so much stick!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570