Post Match Leicester 2 Watford 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Lord no. A goal should be the result of the ball crossing the line between the goal posts and underneath the crossbar. To award a goal when this hasn't happened is just wrong and changes football even further away from the game it should be.

I think the game football should be is one where cheats don't get away with it, but they do get away with it far too often at the moment.

OK, instead of awarding the goal, give a free kick from where the offence took place. No defending players (including the goalkeeper) should be allowed between the place where the offence took place and the goal. So that's a genuine goalscoring opportunity - rather than the free kick from thirty yards that often happens now, which rarely results in a goal.

I think the game football should be is one where cheats don't get away with it, but they do get away with it far too often at the moment.

OK, instead of awarding the goal, give a free kick from where the offence took place. No defending players (including the goalkeeper) should be allowed between the place where the offence took place and the goal. So that's a genuine goalscoring opportunity - rather than the free kick from thirty yards that often happens now, which rarely results in a goal.

I think there is very little with how things are. I don't want technology to slow the game down. Part of the reason why things are good is the fact that two days after the game (that we won, by the way), we are still discussing and having differing opinions on an incident.

If this is removed, part of the soul of the game is removed.

Part of the reason why things are good is the fact that two days after the game (that we won, by the way), we are still discussing and having differing opinions on an incident.

If this is removed, part of the soul of the game is removed.

I'm not suggesting changing anything other than what happens after the ref has made his decision. So refs will still make bad decisions, and we'll still be discussing them several days after the match.

Clearest yellow card I've ever seen.

Gareth McAuley was sent off on Saturday for denying Martial a goal scoring opportunity, and Martial still had the goalkeeper to beat!
Well yeah, but that's because Martial was obviously going to score because he could beat 3 goalkeepers with his eyes closed and one leg missing. So says the hype

Was it even in the box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570