Post Match Leicester 2 West Ham 1 (League Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we've got a bit of an alright squad haven't we!

Not so energetic as the first team but just as effective. Thought Benny was very solid at the back apart from the missed header at the end, Fuchs was getting done by Moses first half but recovered well and puts in some amazing crosses and Dodoo faired well against high standard opposition and didn't look out of place.

Nothing to complain about from me, still unbeaten and lots of options to choose from.

Happy days!

Lots of positives for me tonight. Yes, there were some faults but we must take it for what it was: the "2nd string" against a strong Hammers team. We have really got some depth and options in the squad. Liked Fuchs a lot, but my main thoughts from this evening are that I think it's now the right time to start with Kante - he could be an absolute worldy. Possibly my favourite player right now.

I agree with some of the West Ham fans there, the one Noble got booked for was an absolute disgrace, as soon as the ref blew I thought he'd given a penalty. Then to book Noble for diving, well it was laughable.

There was another one on Moses I also thought was a penalty, can't remember the 3rd one they mention, but can say they should have had two.

I was disappointed with West Ham, given their away results they seemed to spend so much time passing the ball sideways with so little purpose. They really didn't pose much threat and had Adrian not been in goal it could have been over in 90 minutes by a decent margin too.

I thought we played pretty well tonight, impressive for a team with 10 changes. Inler isn't up to speed yet, Kante, King and Drinkwater should all be comfortably ahead of him in the pecking order right now. Kante is just terrific, he seems to pinch the ball from opponents so easily, I really don't know how he does it with such ease.

Andy King was absolutely bloody immense tonight, the best player on the park by a mile. Thoroughly deserved his goal. I thought Benny looked good at the back too and Fuchs improved considerably once he had figured out how to shut down Moses.

All in all another good performance, another win and we are still unbeaten. All good as a City fan right now.

The moment...

4003.jpg

What a game,
What a squad
What an atmosphere
Loving it!
Fuchs can certainly deliver a ball

Nobody's mentioned Albrighton - I thought he was absolutely standout for the hour or so he was on...

Great stuff all round though lads. Only Inler a disappointment...and Schluppy's finishing

The way we pressed them to gain the ball for the Mahrez 1 on 1 chance was outrageous, it's how I love to see us play.

This is going to be a very unpopular post as it is fashionable to knock Radio Leicester.

A problem with my leg has stopped me going to this match and the Villa game. In frustration I turned to Radio Leicester (through Foxes Player). I did this with some misgivings since people on the forum keep saying how poor Ian Stringer's commentary is. I found the commentary excellent.

The performance was very professional e.g. Jason Bourne and Matt Elliot covering for the fact that Ian Stringer had left the box to interview Claudio after the match. Some people find the banter irritating but it was clearly to cover times when nothing was happening (e.g. player getting treatment) and was pleasant enough. I am always impressed that commentators see so clearly - I am usually unsure whether the ball came off an attacker for a goal kick or a defender for a corner.

It would be wrong to judge players from a radio commentary but I notice the Radio Leicester judgement - Fuchs and King excellent but Kramaric and Inler underwhelming - fits what other people on the forum have said.

There is absolutely nothing to compare with being at a match and I am desperately hoping to be able to get to the Arsenal game. However, for those stuck at home I felt the broadcast did an excellent job.

Thank you Ian Stringer. Jason Bourne and Matt Elliot.

We absolutely pissed all over them. We played a reserve side and they fielded a very strong one...and we tore them to bits.

Lovely performances from a few: Fuchs, King, Ulloa spring to mind.

But I must say, Kante, without exaggeration, looks like one of the best midfielders I've ever watched in a city shirt. He's absolutely unbelievable.

Even the back four looked relatively solid. I'd say almost everyone, with the possible exception of Kramaric, made a case for a place in the side.

Great stuff.

Apart from Kramaric fluffing his lines on his 1 on 1 (put that down to trying too hard and a lack of confidence) I thought he had a very good game indeed. Some great bits of interplay and I thought he held the ball up well. Bearing in mind Mahrez and Schlupp both missed one on ones too, I don't think Kramaric can be castigated that much for missing his.

I thought Inler had a better game so I expect Ranieri to persist with his integration into the team at the weekend if he feels he'll be fit enough after 120 minutes in midweek.

Kante looks class and I think it won't be too long before our midfield duo is Inler and Kante. May not please some on here but I think this is probably the long term goal once Inler gets up to speed and adapts to the Prem.

Fuchs was my man of the match. I'd definitely like to see him start at the weekend. Certainly better defensively and also a better final ball than Schlupp.....who incidentally looked completely lost when he came on.

Apart from Kramaric fluffing his lines on his 1 on 1 (put that down to trying too hard and a lack of confidence) I thought he had a very good game indeed. Some great bits of interplay and I thought he held the ball up well. Bearing in mind Mahrez and Schlupp both missed one on ones too, I don't think Kramaric can be castigated that much for missing his.

He can. Mahrez and Schlupp weren't trying to be fancy dan show ponies.

I thought Inler had a better game so I expect Ranieri to persist with his integration into the team at the weekend

Yesterday King had an excellent game and Kante came on and made an excellent contribution but we should pick Inler (out of the three) because he hasn't been quite as shit as in his previous two games? Or are you suggesting dropping Drinkwater, who has also been excellent in his last two matches?

I thought Inler had a better game so I expect Ranieri to persist with his integration into the team at the weekend if he feels he'll be fit enough after 120 minutes in midweek.

Kante looks class and I think it won't be too long before our midfield duo is Inler and Kante. May not please some on here but I think this is probably the long term goal once Inler gets up to speed and adapts to the Prem.

Fuchs was my man of the match. I'd definitely like to see him start at the weekend. Certainly better defensively and also a better final ball than Schlupp.....who incidentally looked completely lost when he came on.

I totally agree with all of that.

If last night's 11 played the other 11 from the Stoke game they would probably win. That's how good they were.

Homer said it was a game between two very poor sides but he is in a minority of one and, as he admits, must have been watching a different game to everyone else. In 50 years, I can't remember seeing too many better, more fascinating and enthralling matches involving LCFC.

The back 4 in particular looked very solid.

Schwarzer - confident and punched well when necessary. Not much chance with the deflected goal. 8
Simpson - had a very good game. 8
Benalouane - very impressive 8
Wasilewski - 7
Fuchs - Outstanding - 9
Albrighton - 7
Inler - is getting better and is adjusting well to the speed of the Prem. Now starting to make good tackles. 7
King - Captain Marvel. Looked totally knackered in extra time but still managed to score a great winner. 10
Dodoo - Could have had a hat-trick again with better luck. 7
Ulloa - Best I've seen him play. Won so many flick ons and held the ball up brilliantly . 9
Kramaric - played well but strangely had no confidence to score when one on one. 6

Substitutes
Kanté - Amazing! 9
Schlupp - looked lost. 6
Mahrez - 7

I'll say this for Inler, you can definitely tell he can play a bit. He positions himself decently to win tackles and interceptions, and he has a wonderful first touch. He also has a sense of calm about him that will no doubt come in handy as the season wears on.

He has definitely struggled with overall positioning and the speed at which we play. I'm still confident in time he will be a big asset...but I certainly wouldn't be playing him over Kante, Drinkwater or King at this point. I've never been the biggest fan of Drinkwater, but he is well worth his place in the side at the moment.

Of the players currently starting I think Schlupp, Okazaki, Inler and possibly De Laet are most under threat.

I'll say this for Inler, you can definitely tell he can play a bit. He positions himself decently to win tackles and interceptions, and he has a wonderful first touch. He also has a sense of calm about him that will no doubt come in handy as the season wears on.

He has definitely struggled with overall positioning and the speed at which we play. I'm still confident in time he will be a big asset...but I certainly wouldn't be playing him over Kante, Drinkwater or King at this point. I've never been the biggest fan of Drinkwater, but he is well worth his place in the side at the moment.

Of the players currently starting I think Schlupp, Okazaki, Inler and possibly De Laet are most under threat.

Agree with all of this. Just remember though that it does take some players longer to adapt to a different league, this may well be the case with Drinkwater with his abject performances last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566