Post Match Leicester 2 West Ham 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the WHU goal they did nothing for the next 70 minutes, Leicester were in control and played some lovely stuff of old, the changes disrupted the rhythm and we capitulated as normal.
We would of been better off holding onto the ball with better midfielders than trying to counter Dawson with Vestergaard.
Anyway hindsight is marvellous

What has struck me over the last few years has been the absence of an outlet pass that encourages forward movement. We play across the back line, more in hope than expectation. At times it feels that we play ^^^, instead of <<<, >>>. We are struggling to advance the ball forward. It invites a press. During the second half we started to advance, via one - twos, triangles, etc. It seems to reduce the pressure on the backline having to play out.
I don't think the Lookman substitution was the answer. I'd have gone for Albrighton. I'd have also chosen Hamza or Papys over JV (the other one)

We were the better side overall, and deserved to win. So that's positive.

Keep playing the way that we did today and we won't have to look over our shoulders at the relegation fight.

Well I think that was a good point. We were playing a side that were much better than us

How many beers did you have today?

They were shite and we were well worth 3 points.

Scored early and did absolutely **** all after that until BR decided to confuse our lot at the end.

Keep playing the way that we did today and we won't have to look over our shoulders at the relegation fight.

Play like we did in the first half we'll be relegated.

Play like we did in the second half, we could be in the mix for the top 6 (in general, not this season).

Manage a game like Rodgers did today, we'll be exactly where we are.

First half was abysmal from us. Second half was one of the best halves in recent months, until our cretinous ****wit of a manager screwed it up.

He always makes reference to subs that work out in his interviews, to pat himself on the back. You can bet your bottom dollar he won’t mention this one.

Nice dig at the fans on the BBC interview Brenda.

From his interview with the BBC. And these are his exact words:

“Little bit of anxiety at the beginning with the crowd, and obviously with recent results, a little bit of anxiety that can spread on to the players.”

So yes, he did say that the crowd’s anxiety affected the players.

What, are we seriously saying that the crowd mood doesn’t affect the performance?

He wasn’t criticising the fans at all, merely pointing out that they were anxious after recent results.

****ing hell, seriously.

Err he was right? What’s the problem here?!
He wasn't

We usually start games slow and unprepared.

It's **** all to do with the fans at this stage and I am one of the biggest critics of our support.

The atmosphere was ok yesterday.

He wasn't

We usually start games slow and unprepared.

It's **** all to do with the fans at this stage and I am one of the biggest critics of our support.

The atmosphere was ok yesterday.
The crowd were (rightly in my opinion) booing after their first goal as we ****ed about with the ball trying to discover a player with some bollocks who dare bring and play the ball forward.

As soon as we became more positive the crowd responded with cheering the team on.

Maybe BR could acknowledge that the way his teams start games has a knock on effect with the crowd?

It works both ways, we've been watching it for long enough at home to have the stuffing knocked out of us.

At least the players are being paid handsomely to perform.

“Little bit of anxiety (...) with the crowd....”
A little bit of anxiety? A little bit of ****ing anxiety? Around where I was sitting there was little anxiety. More like an air of expectation. Oh, and fury.

Fury at having to watch this brand of tippy-tappy football where twenty passes finally gets the ball into the opponent's half, only for the twenty-first to be back to a central defender just a few yards outside his own penalty area. A brand of football which gives your opponents plenty of time to marshal their defence; not that the ball actually reaches their defence all that often.

I'm all for passing the ball across the back when there's nothing else on. Passing across the back to explore another angle for an attack. But this was just passing across the back for the sake of it. Passing across the back without even looking up to see if a forward pass is on. Not that it was on too often, because the there was little movement in the midfield or up-front. I don't know whether this is because they know they're not going to be called upon to receive or whether they're just too lazy or tired out.

One thing about the tactic of the Moyes boy though; something definitely lacking. He must be aware of how shite Vestergaard is surely. Why, when he realised that he was about to come on, did he not instruct his players to put the ball out of play immediately and allow the substitution to have been made a couple of minutes earlier. West Ham would then have had plenty of time to have sewn up all three points. Opportunity missed there.

Anxiety? No!

Fury and expectation? Very much so!

The crowd were (rightly in my opinion) booing after their first goal as we ****ed about with the ball trying to discover a player with some bollocks who dare bring and play the ball forward.

As soon as we became more positive the crowd responded with cheering the team on.
Spot on

Oh, the second half was immensely better. But expectation ruled the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566