Post Match Leicester 3 Crystal Palace 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocking subs :icon wink:

When Iheanacho came off, it looked an odd one. But we were trying to defend a lead, and Vardy does more chasing around, and is more likely to score on the break. So it made sense, even though Iheanacho was having a better game.

And for the same reason, Barnes for Perez made sense. If you're defending deep and playing on the break, Barnes is a better option than Perez.

And you can't argue with the outcome - two goals for Vardy, two assists for Barnes.

I thought Bennett was nice an steady.

Really needed that and great to see Vardy back on the scoresheet.

Strange second half as we struggled to control the game after taking the lead but we obviously got two more goals!

Palace knocked it around OK after going behind but they were very like we had been before today - OK build up but no actual threat whatsoever.

When Iheanacho came off, it looked an odd one. But we were trying to defend a lead, and Vardy does more chasing around, and is more likely to score on the break. So it made sense, even though Iheanacho was having a better game.

And for the same reason, Barnes for Perez made sense. If you're defending deep and playing on the break, Barnes is a better option than Perez.

And you can't argue with the outcome - two goals for Vardy, two assists for Barnes.

that’s exactly what I thought about the Nacho sub.
Vardy was getting so much stick today but he was getting in the right positions again and again, and granted he was fluffing his chances.

Thought a back three looked good, Bennett got better and Fuchs was prepared to attack there midfield, a big sigh of relief tonighte

Absolutely solid performance but unfortunately it will just be the bare minimum we needed to retain our position, rather than see any gains I suspect. However a double over Palace isn’t anything to be sniffed at. Fantastic stuff.

Much better performance, predictability we lacked some creativity at times, but the team looked on the ball, and much better balanced, we were able to attack down both flanks and through the middle, and we kept up the work rate for the whole game.

Vardy is back in the goals

Tielemans looked good when he got further forward

Iheanacho is looking the player we signed

Evans man of the match for me, stopped everything with no fuss.

Justin kept Zaha largely quiet

Perez looked busy for more than 15 minutes

What a difference a game makes!

Feeling much more positive after that. Got lucky with the first 2 goals but felt like we earned it.

that’s exactly what I thought about the Nacho sub.
Vardy was getting so much stick today but he was getting in the right positions again and again, and granted he was fluffing his chances.

Tbf, if it wasn't for what was probably his easiest goal ever, I don't think he would have scored today. Even just a few seconds before he fluffed a chance he would have normally done much better with.

Obviously that's in the past and now he's got to 100, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on a good run for the rest of the season now.

3 goals, 3 points, happy days!

Amazing how Vardy went from that Akinbiyiesque slip and swipe at the ball just before his first to that second goal.

Result was exactly what we needed. If you'd said before the game that we'd win 3-0 and Vardy would get two I'd have bitten your arms off.

Bennett did ok, although if Cavill’s free header goes in whilst Ryan was doing the can-can it would’ve been a very different story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566