Post Match Leicester 3 Liverpool 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple, Shakey got us back to playing in the same way as last season and guess what we win and look brilliant, perhaps Claudio tried to change too much and nullified us.

Brilliant performance by every player, too obvious that we were playing deeper, with less intensity and not trying to play a more possession based game.

A totally debunked phenomenon. There is no such thing as manager sacking bounce.

No shit Sherlock.

_69326397_manager_sackings_464.gif

Amazing difference what a bit of effort makes.

We've seen this same team week in week out without the effort.

Ndidi was the best player on the park. Must be nice for him to get his first win.

Mahrez was poor, Fuchs was dodgy at getting back but nice going forward.

The rest looked pretty good.

Effort.

Vardy was wonderful tonight. I'll be interested to see how many sprints he made today. More than all year I think.

Hats off, phenomenal stuff, well played snakes... what a time to turn it back on.

Ndidi outstanding, and 3 substitutions that were spot on, I don't remember the last time I thought that.

Great stuff.

Like has been said, why did it take until now for that performance?

Surely Claudio didn't get to August and suddenly tell them to start doing something different.

Anyway, whatever the reason, let's move on. Had to win this, had to show fight. Let's just club together and push forward and hope it's not just a one off

Great result

Not sure if what we saw was increased effort or if was renewed tactical emphasis on pressing, but either way it looked just like last season and was a pleasure to watch.

BBC Football: Copycat performance

Leicester 3-1 Liverpool

Posted at9:14
Wilfred Ndidi made 11 tackles tonight – only N’Golo Kante has made more in a single Premier League match this season (14 vs Liverpool in January).

It's odd to see some turning this into some pro-Claudio vs anti-Claudio rivalry. It's perfectly possible to be delighted to see us win again and at the same feel betrayed that these players have not delivered until now.

What kind of substantial tactical change can you make in four days? Pretty much none. What we saw today were the same players playing horribly up until now actually applying themselves to the task. This is best illustrated by Vardy who looked a new player. Unless Craig whispered some magical words in his ear it's about commitment. This further reinforces the point that our problems this year are mainly psychological.

Is Claudio blameless for those? Of course not. But then I haven't seen anyone suggest that. I think the decision to sack Claudio may save our PL place and I think the players lack professionalism for the pathetic first two thirds of the season. I don't see a contradiction there.

Five days. I thought they carried forward their second half Champions League performance, against a much inferior team than Seville.

Ndidi was phenomenal. Vardy looked back on it. The team looked like a team.

I thought the fans got it right tonight too. Yes, there was a nice little tribute to Claudio, but the overall feeling was one of getting behind the team. Whether people agreed or not with what has happened, they got behind the team and that felt good.

This is exactly what I was trying to convey when I wrote of players wanting to play with freedom and imagination:

Jamie Vardy, speaking to BBC Sport: "Before the game we spoke with Shakes [Craig Shakespeare] and he asked us what we thought were the best actions to take. We thought it was to press higher and win the ball higher up. We did that and hurt them..."

The more I saw tonight as the game went on the more I thought they just looked like they weren't being stifled anymore by one thing or another. I am pretty convinced that the players were being crowbarred into systems that weren't befitting to their qualities or being told to play in a way that they simply cannot adapt to for numerous reasons. Tonight, they got to play their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566